Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:54:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dreams and Spiritual experiences
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dreams and Spiritual experiences  (Read 1062 times)
angel1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2005, 12:47:13 AM »

I want to start a tread talking about dreams and spiritual experiences.  Join in....I am very prone to dreaming about things that tend to happen or there is always a message in my dreams that I am able to interpret.  Along with my dreaming, I recently and more than once have had an experience of the feeling of being "held down"...not being able to move my body, yell out or open my eyes.....i will elaborate more, does anyone relate??
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 03:30:15 PM »

I want to start a tread talking about dreams and spiritual experiences.  Join in....I am very prone to dreaming about things that tend to happen or there is always a message in my dreams that I am able to interpret.  Along with my dreaming, I recently and more than once have had an experience of the feeling of being "held down"...not being able to move my body, yell out or open my eyes.....i will elaborate more, does anyone relate??

Are you haveing any revelations of any kind? If yes.. Paul had some revelations and visions that caused him to have a messenger of Satan to buffet him. You need to take "pleasure" in what this bad spirit is doing to you...so that the "Power of Christ" can rest apon you.

Dont be afraid of this spirit, it wont hurt you, it will just make you feel terrible at that time. Or it could be a medical condition called sleep paralisis. You will know if it is, if the above info does'nt work. And if you have any sin in your life you must repent (turn) from it..

Forgot to mention, this has happend to me also after a few revelations from God...but mine also caused a banging sensation in my head.

Now if you are haveing revelations or dreams that reveal somthing to you from God, the best thing to do is not boast about them...

2Co 12:7  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8  For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I will pray for you and your family also, and keep your mind on good things not bad, use your faith...Jesus Loves you Smiley

God bless
angel1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 06:45:35 PM »

THank you for your words and scriptures...can you elaborate on what you said about the messenger from satan buffet him.....
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 12:36:05 AM »

THank you for your words and scriptures...can you elaborate on what you said about the messenger from satan buffet him.....

Pauls thorn in the flesh was a bad spirit trying to torment him...he had to take pleasure (joy) in what it was doing to him, in order to make it flee. He used his faith to take pleasure in his troubles. (ie.. instead of being fearfull in his distress, he took pleasure in it instead)

So if this is a bad spirit causeing you to have a feeling of being "held down" and so on..you must take joy in what it is doing, in order to get rid of it. So use your faith...dont worry be happy Smiley

God bless
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 01:38:21 AM »

AMEN AJ!

As Christians, we should really worry if the devil isn't attacking us and we don't have any problems. If I knew a self-proclaimed Christian with no problems, I would wonder if they were a cold Christian or not a Christian at all.

Those Christians who are praying for God to use them however HE Will do many times smile through adversity. The thorns of this life could and do involve persecution, health, and a variety of other problems for a Christian trying to carry a Cross. Those who at least try understand many other precious portions of Scripture written by the Apostle Paul.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 1:16-26  The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretense, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labor: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait between two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 02:38:28 PM »

"I am very prone to dreaming about things that tend to happen or there is always a message in my dreams that I am able to interpret.  Along with my dreaming, I recently and more than once have had an experience of the feeling of being "held down"...not being able to move my body, yell out or open my eyes.....i will elaborate more, does anyone relate?? "

Since you didn't say this is a negative experience, I would say that you might be experiencing what is known as "sleep paralysis".  You are asleep and dreaming when this happens.  You might want to do a search on it since I don't want to get too technical in explanations.  

Unless you are particularly disturbed by the content of your dreams, don't worry.  You might find that writing down your dreams when you first awake and reading them over later could help.  There is a bit different between dreaming, spiritual experiences and psychotic episodes.  If you find you are taking your dreams very seriously and they are disturbing to you, you might want to talk to someone about them.

In the spiritual experience that is a revelation from God, people often experience a strong feeling of awe, that is fear.  You can look up several scriptures and see that it mentions people tembling in awe.  

Take care.
LedByTheLamb

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 11:26:34 AM »

My husband has gone through this!  He cant move at all, except it is a black faceless figure standing over him.  My husband tries to move or swing at him and simply can not move or talk.  Then the guy vanishes.  This has happened to him twice.   Also happened to a friend of his, the EXACT same thing with one exception...the figure kept repeating "The fire is comming....the fire is comming"  over and over.
I dont know what this is, I only know it is terrifying.  Where are you guys getting the "take joy" bit from?  

Dawn
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 07:08:40 PM »

My husband has gone through this!  He cant move at all, except it is a black faceless figure standing over him.  My husband tries to move or swing at him and simply can not move or talk.  Then the guy vanishes.  This has happened to him twice.   Also happened to a friend of his, the EXACT same thing with one exception...the figure kept repeating "The fire is comming....the fire is comming"  over and over.
I dont know what this is, I only know it is terrifying.  Where are you guys getting the "take joy" bit from?  

Dawn

You need to take authority over that thing and cast it out in the name of Jesus.

Luk 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 11:23:15 PM »

author=LedByTheLamb  

Where are you guys getting the "take joy" bit from?  

Dawn

Read 2Corinthians 12: 1 to 10

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Glory in my infirmities...means to take pleasure (ie Joy) in weakness or distress. How is this done? You must use your faith, and say or tell this spirit in your mind (because you can't speak at that time) you cant hurt me, and praise the lord at the same time...you need to get rid of all fear.  Tell your Husband to use his faith, and not to be fearfull of this spirit. Also, the spirit you are talking about can be seen by your husband...the one I was dealing with could'nt be seen, only felt. Paul had to pray about this kind of spirit, Paul could cast them out, but when you can't move or speak it gets difficult...Anyway if it does'nt work (ie lack of faith) we all have that from time to time Roll Eyes take it to the lord in prayer.

Praise God... when you finally use your faith and take pleasure in this, the Holy Spirit comes upon you Smiley

Amen, greater is he that is in you... than he that is in the world.

God Bless

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 11:34:05 PM by AJ » Logged
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 11:29:45 PM »

AMEN AJ!

Those Christians who are praying for God to use them however HE Will do many times smile through adversity. The thorns of this life could and do involve persecution, health, and a variety of other problems for a Christian trying to carry a Cross. Those who at least try understand many other precious portions of Scripture written by the Apostle Paul.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen Brother Tom... Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the