Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:08:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Does God Exist?-My Participation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does God Exist?-My Participation  (Read 1311 times)
Machinehead

I can do anything through Jesus Christ

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2003, 11:44:56 PM »

I hang out on an anime forum alot, and a started a Christian topic, and participated in a very long-going Does God Exist topic?

Christian Topic:

http://www.db-unlimited.net/yabbse/index.php?board=37;action=display;threadid=10204;start=390#lastPost

Does God Exist? Topic:

http://www.db-unlimited.net/yabbse/index.php?board=37;action=display;threadid=3040;start=1020

I wanted to know if I've said the right things at the right times. People have said my beliefs on what a Christian is are completely wrong. And to be completely frank, I'm not sure. Please give me some guidance on this. Ive asked God for guidance on it, but I also want to hear the answer from you guys.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 12:41:28 PM »

Ignoring the fact you associate your self with an Japanimation blunder like Dragon Ball Z Wink you posted the right things for the most part. dkpunk27 sounds like a 12 year old, so I wouldn’t worry about him. In fact, EVERYONE in that thread sounds like they are no older the 15. My suggestion, don’t waste your time getting upset over it. Debate with them for fun, don’t except it to go much further then that, and don't get mad over it.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 08:15:19 PM »

If they brought up good enough points that you are questioning it, it doesn't matter if they are 15, but I am also questioning it, so I can't say don't listen to them, and to only listen to people here.

Just remember that nothing is a one sided argument, and if people believe something, and I do know atheists and people with other religions, they will hang onto it until they die. And if they all believe equally as we belieive, then someone is obviously wrong because then it's inconsistent.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 08:57:53 AM »

You thought they brought up good points? Like what?

Reba
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 12:16:05 PM »

Machinehead,

I know a man who was the leader of a Van Halen email list. Some how the topic of GOD showed up in the list.  To make a long story short he is now a wonderfull christian man. Share the  love of God in all you do. The world needs Jesus. Sharing the gospel in anime forums is IMO taking the gospel to the world. Hats off to you!

Asking for guidence is good thing. Do you have a church or pastor? That would be the place to start, or a family member? Gods word is on line and can be loaded for free http://www.e-sword.net/  is one site of many. Your best answers are in the scriptures.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 08:18:53 PM »

I know a man who was the leader of a Van Halen email list. Some how the topic of GOD showed up in the list.  To make a long story short he is now a wonderfull christian man.

Who is he? Can you post or PM me some more info on him? I’d like to know what finally did it for him, who/what made him see the light, etc.

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 10:21:49 PM »

In fact, EVERYONE in that thread sounds like they are no older the 15.

Hey, watch it.

Most of the people on that thread opposing Christianity come off to me as the kind of people who have to resort to screaming and ignoring what you have to say to win a debate, whether it be on Christianity or Mountain Dew vs. Sprite.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 10:43:32 PM by Sapphire W34P0N » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 12:04:49 AM »

Good point. Like I always say, they are enlightened 13-year-olds. What else would you expect from the kind of people who seem to know how to fix the problems of the world from their parents computer?

bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 10:08:38 PM »

Machinehead,
I hope that doesn't mean that no one can penetrate  your head.  Cheesy
Many people ask this question, even born again Christians.
Smart people also ask this question. That means God has already touched your heart. God is holding your hand now and he isn't going to let go.
The Bible tells us of this beautiful scripture in Rev.3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." You see, Jesus waits for you to invite him into your heart. Are you willing? If you are, you will be 'Born Again"  Smiley

God bless,
bluelake
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 05:57:18 AM »

If you pay attention to some anime enough you will see large amounts of Christianity in there.  Now I'm not saying it's perfect or anything but you can see it's influence even more the the already established eastern beliefs.

Heck Ghost in the Shell even quotes 1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the