Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sabbath Day
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sabbath Day  (Read 3584 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 01:45:54 AM »

Amen Tom!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 05:27:24 AM »

Bep true,but we are still REAL busy with things,
and He wants us..........as His people to set a day
apart for Him,no work,just to study & learn about
Him and rest.
    Shabbat(Sabbath) is sundown Friday to sundown
Saturday.Or like up here the sundowns can be crazy,
so it's supper to supper.

In His Love,
             curious  Grin
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2003, 05:32:14 AM »

Him and rest.

In His Love,
             curious  Grin

He does NOT want us to keep the Sabbath. Resting in Christ 365/24/7

Grace & Peace
Thank You Jesus

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2003, 07:36:24 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Curious,

I really feel sorry for people who only have the Sabbath to worship Almighty God and have fellowship with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ fulfills the Sabbath in the hearts of HIS willing children every day. There are seven days in every week to worship Almighty God, and there are seven days in every week to fellowship with our Lord and Saviour who lives in our hearts.

Jesus Christ fulfilled the law on the cross, and the Gospel of God's Grace was made manifest to mankind as a GIFT of LOVE in and through Jesus Christ. A child of God has no need to know what day it is. HIS WORK for HIS children was finished at the CROSS. I have been bought, paid for, and belong to Jesus Christ 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I have been delivered, set apart, and have the SEAL of the Holy Spirit on and in my heart. Every day is the Sabbath, and HE is in me, and I am in HIM. I am part of HIS BODY, THE BODY which is a CHURCH not made with human hands. This work is complete with total perfection IN AND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, our Personal Lord and Saviour. All GLORY goes to ALMIGHTY GOD and none for man.

Thanks be unto God for HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 12:40:26 AM »

I don't just worship Messiah on Shabbat,but
people get sooooooooooooo busy that their
minds get cluttered up.The Shabbat is a day
to be set apart to do that.To set apart,no
work,no buying stuff,you do it the day before.
So your heart & mind won't be on other things
like that......just Him.
      Answer me this....do you ever get busy so
that you are just thinking on what you are doing ?
Probably yes.
      I worship Messiah where I am,and I study
more than one version in the Bible,but I go mostly
by one version of the Bible.

In His Love,
                          curious  Cool
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 06:10:23 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Curious,

I really feel sorry for people who only have the Sabbath to worship Almighty God and have fellowship with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ fulfills the Sabbath in the hearts of HIS willing children every day. There are seven days in every week to worship Almighty God, and there are seven days in every week to fellowship with our Lord and Saviour who lives in our hearts.

Jesus Christ fulfilled the law on the cross, and the Gospel of God's Grace was made manifest to mankind as a GIFT of LOVE in and through Jesus Christ. A child of God has no need to know what day it is. HIS WORK for HIS children was finished at the CROSS. I have been bought, paid for, and belong to Jesus Christ 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I have been delivered, set apart, and have the SEAL of the Holy Spirit on and in my heart. Every day is the Sabbath, and HE is in me, and I am in HIM. I am part of HIS BODY, THE BODY which is a CHURCH not made with human hands. This work is complete with total perfection IN AND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, our Personal Lord and Saviour. All GLORY goes to ALMIGHTY GOD and none for man.

Thanks be unto God for HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Yet another Amen Brother

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 06:11:40 PM »

Bep  
    You mean you NEVER get sooooooooo busy that
your mind is going around & around so much that
Messiah is pushed to back of your mind ? He has me,
and most,if not all Christians.Even after Sundays
people go places,buy stuff,etc.You can't do that on
Shabbat.I shouldn't say can't,because I can,but it
says not to,so I don't.

In His Love,
               curious   Cool
John the Baptist
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 06:30:59 PM »

Bep  
    You mean you NEVER get sooooooooo busy that
your mind is going around & around so much that
Messiah is pushed to back of your mind ? He has me,
and most,if not all Christians.Even after Sundays
people go places,buy stuff,etc.You can't do that on
Shabbat.I shouldn't say can't,because I can,but it
says not to,so I don't.

Hi curious, (John here)
I was just sent an email that might interest you? Its title is:
"Saturday Is The True Lord's Day"

I do not know who wrote it up or passed in on to me? But I did post it over on my public library site. It might be blocked off of this sit, but I will give it here anyway. If it will not go through, send me a personal email if you so desire?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pastornb/messages

In His Love,
               curious   Cool

ElmerGlue

Praying for the soon coming Kingdom of God.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2003, 01:26:09 PM »

BEP, it amazes me you are so adamant about not keeping the Sabbath. I have to agree completely with your statement that "There are seven days in every week to worship Almighty God, and there are seven days in every week to fellowship with our Lord and Saviour who lives in our hearts," but who said keeping the Sabbath limited a person from worshipping Jesus only that one, and not the other six days. If a person do that, I would agree completely with you.

It sounds as if you have a personal vendetta against it. Are you afraid that curious is being a judiazer, as the Roman Catholic Church was in the beginning of its organization?

Is it so bad to lay one day aside, and put all of your worldly afairs (or as much as possible) aside, and dedicate that day to God only. Yes, we should dedicate every day to God with all of our hearts, so why not a day that has no interruptions. We are human, and it sounds like with your perspective, you have no trials. If that is so, then more power to you, but if you are human, a day of rest from everything worldly (that we can), and a refreshing of God's ultimate plan does a body good.

There is no doubt that you belong to Jesus if you have done the things he said to, but it sounds like when you say the law is fulfilled, the law is done away with. Thats a whole topic in and of itself.

I guess I just dont understand why BEP and BL 's idea can't meld with the Sabbath also. Why can't we rest in God 24x7x365 and every 7th day, keep a day only and wholly for Him. To put it another way, we should have what people call "the Christmas spirit" all year long, so does that mean you should not observe it because of you guys' line of thinking.*

In peace and prayer,
Jason

* The Xmas example was only for example and did not personally mean to validate it.

It is by faith that you make your decisions, and so this is my faith. We all make decisions based on what we know, so it is our responsibility to do what we feel, and know, is right.

It is when we do not make a decision on what we know and learn that we can do ourselves the biggest disservice.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 08:58:32 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to ElmerGlue,

Your message was somewhat confusing, but I think that I see the part from you that is new. I don't have a vendetta against anyone, and I'm certainly not anti-Semitic.

The topic of the Sabbath has been worn out so many times here and in so many threads that I and many others are tired of discussing it. I think there is overwhelming proof already posted in numerous threads that should settle this issue in a Biblical way. However, it's like a broken record on a record player that you can't unplug, and it keeps playing over and over.

If your comments are directed at me for not continuing the discussion with Curious, I already said what I had to say and Curious didn't add any content. I, for one, am through debating this issue. It appears to be a complete waste of time. If someone wishes to worship God on the 7th day, that's fine, I worship and rest in God 7 days (24/7/365).

If someone wishes to see both sides of the issue, it is already posted in probably a dozen threads.

In Christ,
Tom

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2003, 05:42:30 AM »

Yes we are supposed to obey Messiah 24/7,but do you
  EVER get sooooooo busy that you push Him to the back of your mind ?? We are to get everything done before Shabbat,then Shabbat set apart JUST for HaShem & Messiah.The reason I haven't answered is because I have been busy,going on a trip Late Thu.I know that I have been guilty of being sooooooooo busy that He gets put in the back of the back of my mind.I think that's true with most everyone. I have read what you have said. I have tried to understand what you are saying,have you been doing the same with me.I know that you have read what I have wrote,but have you tried to understand it,or just been saying "He's wrong !!!"

In His Love,
                 curious   Cool          
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2003, 01:08:09 PM »

Him and rest.

In His Love,
             curious  Grin

He does NOT want us to keep the Sabbath. Resting in Christ 365/24/7

Grace & Peace
Thank You Jesus

Brother Love Smiley

Wow, i didnt know you spoke for the LORD!

Anyways a verse i found reguarding the day.Romans 14:5-6
14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
 14:6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2003, 03:02:43 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Jabez,

All of these verses and many more have been posted probably a dozen times. I have posted one of the most clear portions of Scripture below. Pay particular attention the verse 16.

Col 2:8  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Col 2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

In Christ,
Tom

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2003, 06:09:26 PM »

Very good post BEP,i just dont agree with BL idea that the Lord does not want us to keep the sabbath.The way BL is saying it is as he is speaking for the Lord.BL tell me how you can say that?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2003, 03:36:59 AM »

Very good post BEP,i just dont agree with BL idea that the Lord does not want us to keep the sabbath.The way BL is saying it is as he is speaking for the Lord.BL tell me how you can say that?

Oklahoma Howdy to Jabez,

Brother, I think you are talking about a word usage misunderstanding (semantics). God's children keep the Sabbath 24/7/365. There is a finished work at the CROSS OF JESUS, and everything changed at that CROSS. Not only does the Holy Spirit live in the hearts of God's Children, but God's Children are members of THE BODY OF CHRIST 24/7/365. The lost obviously don't rest in Christ, but HIS flock does. The key to the Sabbath misunderstanding IS THE FINISHED WORK OF JESUS, our Lord and Saviour. All days are the Sabbath, so there can be no violation of the Sabbath day for God's Children. God's children already rest in JESUS because of HIS FINISHED WORK. It isn't semantics, rather it is a precious TRUTH that is distorted by some who seek self-righteousness by deeds of the Law instead of submitting themselves to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF ALMIGHTY GOD and accepting HIS full GRACE AND LOVE.

If you look at this further, you will see that it is quite Biblical for God's children to say many things about the Sabbath.

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the