Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:34:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Evolution Gone!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evolution Gone!  (Read 2188 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 12:11:26 PM »

I think it has something to do with checking the list, checking it twice, finding out who is next in line for a deadly pun...

Kill-filed?  Huh

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
micahtexas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 04:15:12 PM »

Why do we have to defend our faith? Isnt the truth the truth? I mean u cant disprove the truth right?

I'm actually going to miss that thread.  It was a great opportunity to defend the faith.  Granted, it was of little affect.  I didn't see any atheist getting saved or any creationists becoming big bangers.  Oh well.  Wise move Brother Tom!  Smiley

hi! Hope you have a few so that you can surf into my site.
http://www.geocities.com/bookofmicah
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2004, 12:40:05 PM »

Why do we have to defend our faith? Isnt the truth the truth? I mean u cant disprove the truth right?

Faith is our shield against lies. Eph. 6:16 "...taking up the shield of faith with which to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one." Roman shields were nearly as tall as a man; they were extremely heavy and covered in animal skin, which was soaked in water; when a fiery arrow struck the damp hide, it would fizzle out instead of flaring up and becoming dangerous to the soldier behind the shield.

Truth can never be "disproved". God Himself is Truth; if there were no solid truth, God could not judge the earth, nor could He even exist. Lies could not exist either, because an untruth can't be real without truth.

2 Timothy 3:1-2a, 7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be...always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
verse 8 "And just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected as regards the faith."

We are not trying to strengthen and uphold a crumbling form of "truth", as though it were obsolete and unhelpful. But men are blind and deaf to reality, choosing instead to make their own way. By defending our faith in Christ, we glorify God, and reach out a hand to those who are lost and stumbling. Whether they choose to take our hand, or pierce it, is their own choice.
2 Timothy 2:24-26 "The Lord's bondservant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God might grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will."

It is our duty to be light and salt to the world, so they may see and know truth. That is why we defend our faith.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2004, 11:00:14 AM »

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.

Jude 3
  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the