Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:07:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  U.N. versus Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.N. versus Israel  (Read 12248 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 08:58:48 PM »

The manner that he has been talking before I am sure that he meant Israel.

Thats what I am thinking brother.  I think we will soon see, Russia and her allies attacking soon enough.  But this is only my thoughts, on this matter. Only the Father knows when this is going to happen.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 01:04:25 AM »

UN's Annan: Mideast Solution Must Involve Syria, Iran

NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said Friday that any lasting solution to the Middle East crisis would need to include the involvement of Syria and Iran.

"Whether we like it or not, we have to engage those two governments if we are going to find a longer-term solution," Annan said in an interview on CNN's " Larry King Live."

His remarks came as Israel continued to mass troops and tanks on its border with Lebanon in apparent preparations for a ground invasion. The latest crisis was sparked by Hezbollah's abduction of two Israeli soldiers in a July 12 cross- border raid

"Syria and Iran are two friendly countries. There's also indications that both Syria and Iran have influence with Hezbollah and have supported Hezbollah, and therefore, the two countries have to be part of the solution. They will have to work with the international community and cooperate with the international community for us to help to find a long-term solution," Annan said.

Annan also warned that any ground invasion by Israel of Lebanon would be a " very serious escalation."

If Israel were to enter southern Lebanon, there would be questions over whether it intended to stay, root out Hezbollah and then withdraw, or establish a security cordon in the region. Establishing a security zone, Annan said, would be regarded by the Lebanese as occupation - "and that will intensify the resistance."

Annan warned as well of "a major humanitarian disaster," with 700,000 people displaced, including 500,000 internally within Lebanon and and 150,000 across the border in Syria. The U.N. is finding it difficult to assess how many people need help and how to get aid to the them because many roads and bridges are bombed out.

"So even the 500,000 could be a gross underestimation," Annan said.

UN's Annan: Mideast Solution Must Involve Syria, Iran 

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 12:12:48 PM »

I am lost on what anyone at the UN thinks....lol   UN = Useless Nonsense  Tongue

Its not hard to make the argument that if Israel laid down all its arms today, the problem would not go away, in fact, there would be a new holocaust.  However, if these terrorist laid down their arms today, the issue at hand would disappear.

I am starting to consider the possibility that terrorism might be dealt a serious blow in the coming months, perhaps only in part, or for a time.   I don't think that would come without much loss for Israel, but its just another speculation I am pondering.   I could be wrong, but I think whats coming in the end, will be far worse than radical Islam.

Dan 11:36  And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

I do believe that would include allah.   Again I am speculating on terror being dealt a blow, but it seems possible given the AC and Satan don't appear to be sharing their throne with any religion.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 12:18:20 PM »

Again I am speculating on terror being dealt a blow, but it seems possible given the AC and Satan don't appear to be sharing their throne with any religion.

Unless that religion is theirs.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 01:12:17 PM »

I am lost on what anyone at the UN thinks....lol   UN = Useless Nonsense  Tongue

How about Useless Nation?  Grin

Its not hard to make the argument that if Israel laid down all its arms today, the problem would not go away, in fact, there would be a new holocaust.  However, if these terrorist laid down their arms today, the issue at hand would disappear.

I see you watch Fox news brother. Cheesy

I am starting to consider the possibility that terrorism might be dealt a serious blow in the coming months, perhaps only in part, or for a time.   I don't think that would come without much loss for Israel, but its just another speculation I am pondering.   I could be wrong, but I think whats coming in the end, will be far worse than radical Islam.

Dan 11:36  And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

I do believe that would include allah.   Again I am speculating on terror being dealt a blow.

AMEN brother, AMEN!!

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 01:18:39 PM »

Unless that religion is theirs.

LOL yes I've thought of that too brother, but let me share my thought process on how I'm getting this conclusion in scripture.    As we know, Islam (at least in its current form) does not teach Idol worship, which apparently the AC will be big on.   

Rev 13:14  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Idol worship is a big no no in Islam.  Not that it couldn't change in the future, but thats one point I've considered.

Also, it appears to me from these scriptures that Satan wants it all...not willing to share his 15 mins of fame with any god or anything other than worship to himself and his own image.   Certainly sounds like Satan character!  He aspires to be almighty god.   With that in mind, just as the true Jehovah wont share His glory, Satan doesn't want to either.  He wants to be ALMIGHTY!

Another passage that is leading to me to this thought process is The 10 horns/Kings that have no kingdom yet, are still future...

Rev 17:12  And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13  These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Islam has a number of leaders/kingdoms currently who could give their Islamic power to the AC if they so desired.   But here we see that future kings will rise on or with the harlot, MYSTERY BABYLON and receive power in one hour as kings, all giving their power to the Beast.   Mystery BABYLON is the key to whats happening here.    Is it Islamic in nature or something else?   And if it were Islamic, would it abandon its current teachings in favor of worship to AC and his idol?   Not sure about that.  Maybe, but something just seems wrong with this idea to me with what we understand of Islam today.   

Again, I'm just pondering these things as I study them, but currently I'm thinking Islam may not be the final beast....I think ROME has something far more sinister up its sleeve than current radical Islam.   

Its very interesting considering it all, but, only God knows for sure, so we will have to wait on Him to unfold it all for us.

Blessings!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 01:20:16 PM »

I see you watch Fox news brother.

Well, it is fair and balanced....lol

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 02:27:54 PM »

While Muhammad was against idol worship and destroyed over 360 idols in the Kaaba, islam does permit idols or stutes of Muhammad. The koran also states that idol worship is not permitted "unless it is sanctioned by allah". So they could possibly come to worship an idol if they think that allah has sanctioned it. If ( note I say if ) the AC fools them into thinking that he is God or sent by God then it would also be easy for him to convince them that the idol is sanctioned by God.

Speaking of the 10 horns.

There is a movement right now to place certain muslim leaders known as Khalifates in various places. When it is completed there will be ten of them overseeing 10 different areas. This teaching can be found in the koran's end time teachings and islamics are attempting to bring this into being. This teaching also tells them that these 10 will fall under the command of a Khalif, which is one supreme leader that will rule over the Khalifates. It is said that the Khalif will be "one greater than Muhmmad".

It is the belief amongst some muslims that hamas and hizbollah are one of the first of the khalifates. President Ahmadinejad and some of his followers has said that he is going to attempt to bring this rule of the Khalifates into being also as it is the will allah. This rule of the Khalifates is not currently in place so it would fit the future category.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »

Here is some information on one of islams current idols.

The Black Stone (called al-Hajar-ul-Aswad in Arabic) is an Islamic holy relic. It is one of the cornerstones of the Kaaba, the ancient stone building towards which all Muslims pray. The Kaaba is located in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, where it is surrounded by the enormous Masjid al-Haram, the Grand Mosque.

The Black Stone is comparatively small, being roughly 50 cm (19.7 in.) in diameter. However, it can be recognized instantly by the large silver band that surrounds it.

When pilgrims circle the Kaaba as part of the ritual of the ubgone86, many of them try, if possible, to stop and kiss the Black Stone.

The Stone is actually broken into several pieces, damage which occurred when the stone was stolen in 930. Ismaili (Qarmatian) warriors sacked Mecca and carried the Black Stone away. It was returned twenty-two years later. In the process, the Black Stone was cracked. It is now held together by the silver band, which is fastened by silver nails to the Stone.

Notice they call it a "holy relic" instead of an idol yet they revere it as being worthy of worship and will even attempt to kiss it.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2006, 03:03:49 PM »

Brother, don't you think that would be better in "Peaceful religion isn't spelled Islam", as this is the UN versus Israel. Huh

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2006, 03:19:23 PM »

Brother, don't you think that would be better in "Peaceful religion isn't spelled Islam", as this is the UN versus Israel. Huh

I don't argue that but I was responding to a post that was made here.   Wink Grin Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006, 03:28:51 PM »

I don't argue that but I was responding to a post that was made here.   Wink Grin Grin
2T?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2006, 03:34:49 PM »

2T?

Yep.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

While Muhammad was against idol worship and destroyed over 360 idols in the Kaaba, islam does permit idols or stutes of Muhammad. The koran also states that idol worship is not permitted "unless it is sanctioned by allah". So they could possibly come to worship an idol if they think that allah has sanctioned it. If ( note I say if ) the AC fools them into thinking that he is God or sent by God then it would also be easy for him to convince them that the idol is sanctioned by God.

Speaking of the 10 horns.

There is a movement right now to place certain muslim leaders known as Khalifates in various places. When it is completed there will be ten of them overseeing 10 different areas. This teaching can be found in the koran's end time teachings and islamics are attempting to bring this into being. This teaching also tells them that these 10 will fall under the command of a Khalif, which is one supreme leader that will rule over the Khalifates. It is said that the Khalif will be "one greater than Muhmmad".

It is the belief amongst some muslims that hamas and hizbollah are one of the first of the khalifates. President Ahmadinejad and some of his followers has said that he is going to attempt to bring this rule of the Khalifates into being also as it is the will allah. This rule of the Khalifates is not currently in place so it would fit the future category.

Now that is interesting PR!  I certainly have not heard this before.   Hmmm 

Oh sorry DW, I got a little OT there.

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2006, 04:16:16 PM »

Putin: Lebanon crisis shows UN ineffectiveness
Associated Press, THE JERUSALEM POST    Jul. 25, 2006

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday the Lebanon crisis showed the need for increasing the effectiveness of the United Nations.

"The current crisis around Lebanon, which has already led to serious humanitarian consequences, stresses the necessity to increase the effectiveness of the influence of the United Nations regarding international processes," Putin said at a Kremlin meeting with new ambassadors who were presenting their credentials.

Putin: Lebanon crisis shows UN ineffectiveness

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the