Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:08:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Homeschool Helps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Homeschool Helps  (Read 1163 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2006, 11:12:11 PM »

Homeschool Helps

The Best Reason To Home Educate

The number one reason why home education is so valuable, however, stems from the fact that it is the best God-ordained instrument for child evangelism and family reformation in the world. This statement may come as a surprise to many people, including those who claim the name of Christ, for most parents that consider evangelism important are more likely to assume that secular day schools are the best place to spread one’s faith to others. The Bible, however, clearly teaches that children are given to parents, not to school districts, so that they can be instructed and nurtured in the Christian faith each day (Deuteronomy 6, Proverbs 22, Ephesians 6). The lesson that Christian parents should have learned long ago, is that children who are sent to the secular government schools as missionaries are far more likely to lose their faith than share it. This fact simply underscores the need for parents to get back to their fundamental calling as the primary evangelist to their own children. The urgent need for more parents to assume their role as spiritual nurturer is tied directly to the fact that Christian families are losing the war for their children’s souls due to the destructive influences of secular education.

Almighty God intends for His sheep to graze in pastures, not minefields. When parents fail to pick up the mantel of spiritual leadership over their children and willingly cause their children to sit in the seat of scorners, they have no good reason to expect the blessing of the Lord. How easy it is for fathers and mothers to forget that their lives, as well as their children’s, are not their own. Children are a heritage of the Lord--- they are His possession. To permit a child to be trained without reference to Christ, therefore, is not only foolish, it involves one in the crime of kidnapping! God expects parents to take reasonable steps to guard and defend the souls of the children that He has entrusted to them. Those parents who fail to faithfully steward the souls of their children, will be judged right along with those teachers who actually mislead or offended the little ones. Parents who walk in the fear of the Lord know in their hearts that the millstones of judgement are reserved for all those who have a part in leading little ones away from Christ.

The Puritans of New England regarded the Christian home as the "nursery of sainthood". If Christian families living in the twenty-first century are to experience the blessing of Almighty God, they will also need to embrace this same view. The pathway to blessing is, after all, clearly marked out for God’s people in the opening verses of Psalm one: "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

There is no better way for parents to train a soul for eternity than by the vehicle of home education.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 08:59:52 AM »

Amen

We always have to remember that not only are our babes just babes, but also babes in Christ as well.  We cannot expect them to be nurtured in Christ in a secular school system that is removing God at every step.

That is one thing that I wish that my wife and I could have done with my two, either that or put them in a Christian school...but one either takes money away from the family or cost the family extra money and we could not afford it.  We prayed about it often and were not led that way or shown how it would work financially. 

But I do know that if I could do it any form or fashion we would have...and I would strongly urge any Christian parents to consider the route.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the