Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:39:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286829 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Complaining
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complaining  (Read 3478 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 07:43:52 AM »

sincere heart, did u actually ask a question   ..... or more likely.... did u ask me something out of context that I cannot discern what it is?
No question. The two statements, read in context, are erroneous.

im not against you disagreeing with me, if you can see how i took time to respond to mockingbird then you will see i would have taken time to respond to you too.
Not necessary.

I wont however, because i feel if you read the whole context of what I have already said in 2 posts you will see these 2 sections you pulled out to make perfect sense.
I actually did read your whole post. What I missed are the Scriptures used to form your opinion. But again, it's not necessary that you respond to me.

otherwise,,, what is your question?
I have no questions for you at this time.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:21 AM »

a few too many verses to corroborate something i already so eloquently explained, but yes I agree
lol
lights out

Let me add of a few of these...
 Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

So that folks reading will KNOW you MUST be kidding.  Wink

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 08:30:27 AM »

Moses and Aaron told the People of Israel, "This evening you will know that it is GOD who brought you out of Egypt; and in the morning you will see the Glory of GOD. Yes, he's listened to your complaints against him. You haven't been complaining against us, you know, but against GOD."
Exodus 16:6-7

Be hospitable to one another without complaining.
1 Peter 4:9

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 01:29:22 PM »

good to know you disagree with me, or agree with me... whichever it is your trying to express here
more to the point i feel your guys hostility towards me because I am trying to use common level speech with the biblical understanding I already have to make a point about complaining. I didn't see on this forum that we have to use verses for every answer, if so why wouldn't we just have 1 teacher commanding us to listen to the verse of the day?

we are all conscious separate thinkers, and I prefer to hear peoples opinions (opinions I already expect to be coming from the bible) use your verses to refute someone who is way off, or to make a point that you want to be based around...

dont just pull out verses and slam them after peoples posts as if the person doesn't already know/believe those verses to be true.

lets try to show brotherly love here. if you think im wrong then be delicate and show me my fault, but if you just find my knowledge to rub you the wrong way, then perhaps you have to take a breather and calm yourself down.... period

lights out

You sure do read a lot into what wasn't said. You may want to avoid putting "mind reader" on your resumes.  Wink

As for you being lacking in regards to Scripture references, let me take a quote from you:
"I always ask a person to give me a verse when they make a bold statement."  Wink

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »

Sounds like a bit of self-righteousness to me.

i feel your guys hostility towards

Any hostility you are feeling is not from an external source.

perhaps you have to take a breather and calm yourself down

Good advice for you to take.

btw .....  Rules for posting are made by Admin, not by individual members.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:50:40 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
lightsavour

coo coo caw

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »

and i have broken the rules where?
or I have made rules where?
did I make bold statements about complaining? they would be bold if most dont agree, i would hope you agree with the mote/beam thing
and by the way mote/beam is in the bible
i do make bold statements often without sighting the scripture it is from, but they are the statements i hope we already in agreeance in, and where enough scriptures have already been stated by others
as ive said, this isn't us being taught by 1 guy, who tells us what to read. it is a discussion forum
am i being punished for being better at the "discussion" aspect than others Wink

btw i take a breather after or before every post, but i wont not respond when i have been so eloquently teamed up on in a subtle way

so lets calm down together, and maybe since i dont know anything about you guys, which is mostly the way it should be, you should stop thinking you know anything about me
when i receive hostility from unknown forces of words, it doesn't have to be from a particular source, external, or your internal anger, it is in words... and I will refute them with my own.... that doesn't mean im hostile, it means I respect myself, and see how easily one person can be made to look like a fool by a bunch of howling hyenas. I use words so that you dont become those howling hyenas, because if you words back and settle the discussion down then we are all civilized, and the hyenas become a picture only making sense to politicians and media nuts

tty soon no doubt
lights out

Proverbs 18:1 "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 03:28:23 PM »

lightsavor, there is never a time when we can have too much of God's Word on any subject.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

and i have broken the rules where?
or I have made rules where?
did I make bold statements about complaining? they would be bold if most dont agree, i would hope you agree with the mote/beam thing
and by the way mote/beam is in the bible
i do make bold statements often without sighting the scripture it is from, but they are the statements i hope we already in agreeance in, and where enough scriptures have already been stated by others
as ive said, this isn't us being taught by 1 guy, who tells us what to read. it is a discussion forum
am i being punished for being better at the "discussion" aspect than others Wink

btw i take a breather after or before every post, but i wont not respond when i have been so eloquently teamed up on in a subtle way

so lets calm down together, and maybe since i dont know anything about you guys, which is mostly the way it should be, you should stop thinking you know anything about me
when i receive hostility from unknown forces of words, it doesn't have to be from a particular source, external, or your internal anger, it is in words... and I will refute them with my own.... that doesn't mean im hostile, it means I respect myself, and see how easily one person can be made to look like a fool by a bunch of howling hyenas. I use words so that you dont become those howling hyenas, because if you words back and settle the discussion down then we are all civilized, and the hyenas become a picture only making sense to politicians and media nuts

tty soon no doubt
lights out

1. Right now you ARE complaining
2. You are insinuating that we are in your words "a bunch of howling hyenas"
in my opinion I guess your signature 'lights out' is quite fitting.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 09:53:25 PM »

"You will find that, as a rule, those who complain about the way the ball bounces are usually the ones who dropped it."

We may know it by different terms -- such as griping, grumbling, whining, or belly-aching. In the King James version of the Bible, the common term used was “murmuring.” But regardless of the word we use to describe it, complaining always has the has the same syptoms. The dictionary defines it as “an expression of unhappiness, dissatisfaction, or discontent.” Complaining is the outward expression of discontent from within.

As we look back into the Old Testament and see how God dealt with the Children of Israel, we discover that the Lord always considered their complaints as an act of unbelief directed toward Him. When they complained about their circumstances, their type of food, and even at Moses, God was displeased because they weren’t thankful for what He had provided them. He was disappointed that they refused to trust in Him to provide, protect, and direct the order of their lives. "Num 11:1  And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp."

Regardless of whatever circumstances may cause discontent or dissatisfaction, complaining is always an expression of unbelief toward God’s order in our life. You see, the whole premise of Christianity is that Jesus becomes the Lord (boss) of our life and our circumstances. They are in his hands. Thus, if believers complain, it really becomes an accusation against our Lord, in whom we’ve trusted our lives. "Exo 16:8  .......   for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD. " (See also Psm. 106:24-26)

Complaining is unbelief in God’s Word which says "Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." If the Christian really believes that the Lord is in control of their life, and is working “ALL THINGS together for our good,” he will stop complaining and start thanking the Lord for the plan He is working together for us.

Even when the Devil comes against our faith with trials that are “not so good,” God will even turn these situations around and “work them together for good” as we remain steadfast in faith. Don’t become bitter and start complaining, but continue to praise God and give thanks to God “in spite” of all things. This will prevent the Devil from overcoming you with discouragement and will send him fleeing. "1Th 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Thanksgiving is the expression of gratefulness and faith in God, and is the very opposite of complaining. Giving of thanks expresses appreciation for what God has done, what He has promised, and the confidence that He is directing our life with His order and provision. God will answer prayers and work in the behalf of the thankful (Psm. 50:14-15).

The Apostle Paul warned Christians to avoid the danger of complaining. “...nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer” (1 Cor. 10:10). In this Paul indicated that complaining actually gives place to the Devil in our lives and opens the door to destruction by Satan (the destroyer). The Devil thrives in an atmosphere of complaining. Complaining can literally invoke a curse of destruction as it did in the lives of the Israelites who were destroyed in the wilderness.

The Israelites kept complaining that they were going to die in the wilderness (Num. 14:2-3), so the Lord finally got fed up with their whining and actually allowed their complaints to come upon them. He said, “How long shall I bear with this evil congregation who complain against Me? I have heard the complaints which the children of Israel make against Me. Say to them, As I live, says the LORD, just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you: The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above” (Num. 14:27-29). The Lord allowed the Destroyer to answer their complaints with the very destruction that they confessed and predicted.

The Apostle Paul tells Christians to do all things without complaining (Phil. 2:14), and the epistle of Jude places complainers in the same category as ungodly sinners who will inherit judgment: “...to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds... These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts...” (Jude 1:15-16). Complaining is common-place in the lives of unbelievers who have no trust in God, but Christians should be people of faith, filled with gratefulness and thanksgiving.

Besides this, the Bible teaches all believers to dwell upon the “good and virtuous” things (Phil. 4:Cool. So if all Christians obeyed this scripture, what would they find to complain about? Complaining is evidence of not obeying God’s Word.

What about the root of complaining? As said previously, “complaining” is an expression of discontent. Therefore, if Christians were “content” in Christ Jesus as Paul said we should be, they wouldn’t have anything to complain about. “...for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content” (Phil. 4:11). (See also 1 Tim. 6:8, Heb. 13:5)

I use to think people complained because they had a lot of problems. But I have come to realize that they have problems because they complain. Complaining doesn’t change anything or make situations better. It amplifies frustration, spreads discontent and discord (which God hates - Prov 6:16-19), and can invoke an invitation for the destroyer to cause havoc with our lives.

How important it is that believers guard the words of their mouth! The scriptures tell us that our words are literally the basis for whether we are justified or condemned. Realizing this, we should eradicate negative words, griping, or grumbling, and fill our mouth with praise and thanksgiving!

“But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matt. 12:36-37).

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 10:10:03 PM »

AMEN brother, SING IT OUT LOUD!!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2006, 12:22:38 AM »

Another AMEN! Pastor Roger,

You gave some excellent examples, and all of them still apply today.

I was just thinking back to many pleasant memories about what my parents taught me when I was a child. I didn't understand everything at the time, but I do now. In all reality, everything we have is a gift from God, and I think that's the best way to think about things.

If we have food, clothing, and shelter, God provided it. If we have a talent or skill, God provided it. In all things, we are to give thanks because God doesn't owe us anything. As Christians, we know what we deserve, but the Law of Faith in JESUS CHRIST has set us free from the curse of sin and death. This is the ultimate example, and we should always be giving thanks that God DOES NOT give us what we deserve.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 104:24 NASB  O LORD, how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; The earth is full of Your possessions.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2006, 07:17:12 AM »

Pastor Roger, I agree with you. AMEN!

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2006, 07:36:27 AM »

And be thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:15-17

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2006, 07:46:58 AM »

Sometimes we read this verse and note that we aren't guilty of those "biggees" as we overlook the others.  Smiley

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious:
sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, *discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, *dissensions, *factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.
I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2006, 12:12:07 PM »

If we have food, clothing, and shelter, God provided it. If we have a talent or skill, God provided it. In all things, we are to give thanks because God doesn't owe us anything. As Christians, we know what we deserve, but the Law of Faith in JESUS CHRIST has set us free from the curse of sin and death. This is the ultimate example, and we should always be giving thanks that God DOES NOT give us what we deserve.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 104:24 NASB  O LORD, how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; The earth is full of Your possessions.
AMEN brother, and add to that brother Thankful.

Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and a thank offering and into His courts with praise! Be thankful and say so to Him, bless and affectionately praise His name!

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Matthew 6:1 TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward [ reserved for and awaiting you] with and from your Father Who is in heaven.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the