Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 07:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286837 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 221202 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2005, 01:40:27 AM »

"Suppressing the language, symbols, or customs of Christians in a predominantly Christian society is not inclusive. It's insulting. It's discriminatory, too. Hanukkah menorahs are never referred to as 'holiday lamps' —not even the giant menorahs erected in Boston Common and many other public venues each year by Chabad, the Hasidic Jewish outreach movement. No one worries that calling the Muslim holy month of Ramadan by its name—or even celebrating it officially, as the White House does with an annual 'iftaar' dinner — might be insensitive to non-Muslims. In this tolerant and open-hearted nation, religious minorities are not expected to keep their beliefs out of sight or to squelch their traditions lest someone, somewhere, take offense. Surely the religious majority shouldn't be expected to either."     —Jeff Jacoby

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2005, 01:43:21 AM »

"Discount if you will (as fashionable anti-Americanism does) the Statue of Liberty as ostentatious self-advertising or perhaps a relic of an earlier, more pure America. But as you walk the streets of Washington, it is harder to discount America's quiet homage to foreign liberators — statues built decades apart without self-consciousness and without any larger architectural (let alone political) plan. They have but one thing in common: They share America's devotion to liberty. Liberty not just here but everywhere. Indeed, liberty for its own sake. America has long proclaimed this principle, but in the post-9/11 era, it has pursued it with unusual zeal and determination... This is not for show. It is from the heart, the heart of a people conceived in liberty and still believing in liberty. How can they not? It is written in stone all around them."    —Charles Krauthammer

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2005, 11:55:21 AM »

"In every child who is born, no matter what circumstances, and of no matter what parents, the potentiality of the human race is born again: and in him, too, once more, and of each of us, our terrific responsibility toward human life; toward the utmost idea of goodness, of the horror of terror, and of God." -  James Agee

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2005, 11:32:54 PM »

Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born. - Ronald Reagan

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. - Ronald Reagan

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2005, 11:43:54 PM »

Sir, we are not weak, if we make a proper use of the means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. Three millions of people,  armed in the Holy cause of Liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us.
     Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations; and who will raise up friends to fight our battle for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.…
     Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2005, 11:44:36 PM »

Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. - George Washington

Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government. - George Washington

The rights of the colonists as Christians … may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and Head of the Christian Church, which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament.… - Samuel Adams  

shanobeigh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "  

"He that would live in peace & at ease, must not speak all he knows, nor judge all he sees. "

"The noblest question in the world is 'What Good may I do in it?'"

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power."

"Wish not so much to live long as to live well. "

"Search others for their virtues, thy self for thy vices. "

All by Benjamin Franklin

Shanobeigh
Jer 29:11
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2006, 10:02:21 PM »

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself.  ~Thomas Paine

Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.  ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.  ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.  ~Abraham Lincoln

It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.  ~Dick Cheney

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.  ~Thomas Paine

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »

In his life Christ is an example showing us how to live, in his death, he is a sacrifice satisfying for our sins; in his resurrection, a conqueror; in his ascension, a king; in his intercession, a high priest. - Martin Luther

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2006, 12:39:44 AM »

"Let us thank God for life and the blessings He's put before us. High among them are our families, our freedom, and the opportunities of a new year. Let us renew our faith that as free men and women we still have the power to better our lives, and let us resolve to face the challenges of the new year holding that conviction firmly in our hearts. That, after all, is our greatest strength and our greatest gift as Americans."   —Ronald Reagan

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2006, 01:10:23 AM »

Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. - Red Buttons
Now then to more serious notes;

It is the part of a Christian to take care of his own body for the very purpose that by its soundness and wellbeing he may be enabled to labor... for the aid of those who are in want, that thus the stronger member may serve the weaker member, and we may be children of God, and busy for one another, bearing one another's burdens, and so fulfilling the law of Christ. - Martin Luther

The first service one owes to others in the fellowship consists in listening to them. Just as love of God begins in listening to His Word, so the beginning of love for the brethren is learning to listen to them. It is God's love for us that He not only gives us His Word but lends us His ear. So it is His work that we do for our brother when we learn to listen to him. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2006, 07:06:29 AM »

"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."       —Thomas Stonewall Jackson

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2006, 07:23:28 AM »

Wow! Good homeschooling stuff through here! Thanks guys!

This one doesn't really fit in the political area but I love it!

You'll never realize Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you've got.
      -- Mother Theresa

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2006, 05:33:28 PM »

The love of God is one of the great realities of the universe,
a pillar upon which the hope of the world rests.
But it is a personal, intimate thing too.
God does not love populations, He loves people.
He loves not masses, but men. - A. W. Tozer

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2006, 04:01:07 PM »

"When you insist upon legal protection for all human life, you're simply being true to our most basic principles and convictions as Americans. We'll continue to work together with Members of the Congress to overturn the tragedy of Roe versus Wade. By your presence today, you reaffirm the self-evident truths set forth in our Declaration of Independence. Each year remarkable advances in prenatal medicine bring even more dramatic confirmation of what common sense has told us all along: that the child in the womb is simply what each of us once was, a very young, very small, dependent, and very vulnerable live member of the human family... Our nation's affirmation of the sacredness of all human life must begin with respect for our most basic civil right: the right to life." —Ronald Reagan

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the