Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:52:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Breath of God Devotionals-Ann Thomas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breath of God Devotionals-Ann Thomas  (Read 1951 times)
holypursuit

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »

Read: Luke 1:26-35                               Becoming His Word
“The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”
 Luke 1:35
[/i]God’s intention is that we conform to His Word. His word has been spoken already concerning us. Before the earth was formed God spoke and all things were created by the word of His mouth. His word has already been settled in the heavens concerning you. The word God has spoken about you is so important to God that He watches over His word to perform it. He has so highly valued His word that He has magnified it over and above His name.Ps.138:2

When you value and understand the importance of Gods word and His pleasure in your becoming who He  has destined you to be ,you will desire to fully conform to it. Jesus was Gods spoken word that manifested in flesh. “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14 When Jesus came on earth He fully conformed to the Word spoken by the Father. He was everything the Father said He was and did everything that the Father had spoken concerning Him. “And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me..” Luke 24:44This was possible because Jesus kept in communion with His Father, believed His Father and allowed for the Spirit of God to work in and through Him. Right from an early age of 12 He was already in the temple teaching and his answer to his anxious parents was, “.. How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" His Father`s will was the priority in His life. “…I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me”. John 5:30 He sought his Father in prayer and fasting. He made this the practice of His daily life. His relationship to His Father and His yielded ness to the Spirit of God helped Him fully accomplish His Fathers pleasure. Jesus has set for us a pattern to follow. “.. leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps ”
In our reading today, when Mary was visited by the angel she was given the Word of God concerning her. She received the Word when she said, “be it unto me according to Your Word”. She was told how this would take place. The Spirit of God would come upon her and the power of the Most High would overshadow her and she would bring forth a “holy thing” which would be called the Son of God.
God’s expectation is for Sons of God. “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren”.  Rom.8:29“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: ” John 1:12

The way to becoming who God says you are, is by first receiving the Word and then allowing the Spirit to bring forth the fulfilment in our lives. Only the word of God and work of God by the Spirit can produce a ‘holy thing’. Everything God has spoken about us is possible to come forth only through the interaction of the received Word and the Spirit in our yielded bodies. It is important to know what Gods word says about us, this is made known to us by the Spirit of God only then can we receive it, believe it and allow it to be brought forth in us. We need the power of the Most High to overshadow us. We need to be taken out of the picture so that Gods picture can take form in our lives.
Mary’s concern was she knew no man. It was not her intimacy with man that would produce the “holy thing ”but rather her intimacy with God and His word. Let us become fully intimate with God and say with Mary, “Be it unto me according to your word?”

“ Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”   1 John 3:2

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the