Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:28:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 39303 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2004, 11:03:38 AM »

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2004, 01:27:56 PM »

JudgeNot,

Brother, If they put some ears on him and sewed his mouth shut, I would vote for him as Easter bunny.   Grin

I must admit that would be stretching it to my limit, and I would want a lengthy probation period to see if he found any other way to communicate. If so, there would be more sewing to do.   Grin

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2004, 02:22:16 PM »

BEP

I must admit that would be stretching it to my limit, and I would want a lengthy probation period to see if he found any other way to communicate. If so, there would be more sewing to do.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

How can you sew up BOTH sides of his mouth?  Wouldn't that cause severe constipation?

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2004, 05:10:23 PM »

BEP

I must admit that would be stretching it to my limit, and I would want a lengthy probation period to see if he found any other way to communicate. If so, there would be more sewing to do.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

How can you sew up BOTH sides of his mouth?  Wouldn't that cause severe constipation?

Grin   Grin   Grin  This addresses another concern I don't have an answer for - Are his ends interchangeable?  

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2004, 12:25:16 AM »

BEP

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Grin   Grin   Grin  This addresses another concern I don't have an answer for - Are his ends interchangeable?  
With Kerry, you never can tell. Wink Grin

Mxyzptlk

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2004, 11:04:59 AM »

A telling circumstance:

As the conflict in Iraq began, all the Democrats wanted to talk about was the economy, and all the Republicans wanted to talk about was the war.  As the war has continued farther than expectations, and the economy has shown signs of a beginning recovery, they seem to have switched places.  

I couldn't help but be sickened at the entire DNC approach of "attack Bush policies at every opportunity."  It was especially wretched to hear Clinton's sly little dig about wisdom and strength not being mutually exclusive, implying that the conflict in Iraq was an unwise show of strength.

And I notice the same attack has taken root all over.  Our newspaper ran a column by Bob Herbert, a New York writer, attacking Bush on education policies that he tried to label as racially biased or slanted.  He spoke of “neglect for underfunded public schools,” and of “using black people as political props.”  He accused Bush of "hijacking" the Leave No Child Behind program, and putting his own title to it, No Child Left Behind.  

I served last year as a member of the District Advisory Council for Title I funding in our county, one of the poorest school districts in the state.  Title I is a federally mandated supplemental funding source, through which the No Child Left Behind program is implemented (or at least it is here).  Our council leader was Hispanic, I was one of two whites on the council, and the other eight members were all black.  We went into the schools to talk with teachers and find what they thought the greatest needs were, and held public events to which parents were invited, and got their input as well.  We held meetings also with principals for the same kind of input.  As a result, $2.7 million dollars that was appropriated for the county was directed to the places where the need was the greatest, much of it going to predominantly black neighborhoods and schools.  Parental involvement in volunteering at the schools was on the increase, and student morale and grades were significantly increased.  

IMO, Bush's "hijacking" of No Child Left Behind, at least as it developed in our area, was more like a "resurrection" of the program.  And it was done by putting the power of implementation where it should be, in the hands of the people and not so much in a hands-on govenmental agency as so many programs are.  

Question everything anyone affiliated with the Democratic Party has to say on issues.  Talk is cheap, and playing the "race card" in this manner has been one of the cheapest shots at our president yet.

R.M.

No one is to be more pitied than those dedicated to the ignorant persistence of persistent ignorance.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2004, 06:42:14 PM »

A telling circumstance:

As the conflict in Iraq began, all the Democrats wanted to talk about was the economy, and all the Republicans wanted to talk about was the war.  As the war has continued farther than expectations, and the economy has shown signs of a beginning recovery, they seem to have switched places.  

I couldn't help but be sickened at the entire DNC approach of "attack Bush policies at every opportunity."  It was especially wretched to hear Clinton's sly little dig about wisdom and strength not being mutually exclusive, implying that the conflict in Iraq was an unwise show of strength.

And I notice the same attack has taken root all over.  Our newspaper ran a column by Bob Herbert, a New York writer, attacking Bush on education policies that he tried to label as racially biased or slanted.  He spoke of “neglect for underfunded public schools,” and of “using black people as political props.”  He accused Bush of "hijacking" the Leave No Child Behind program, and putting his own title to it, No Child Left Behind.  

I served last year as a member of the District Advisory Council for Title I funding in our county, one of the poorest school districts in the state.  Title I is a federally mandated supplemental funding source, through which the No Child Left Behind program is implemented (or at least it is here).  Our council leader was Hispanic, I was one of two whites on the council, and the other eight members were all black.  We went into the schools to talk with teachers and find what they thought the greatest needs were, and held public events to which parents were invited, and got their input as well.  We held meetings also with principals for the same kind of input.  As a result, $2.7 million dollars that was appropriated for the county was directed to the places where the need was the greatest, much of it going to predominantly black neighborhoods and schools.  Parental involvement in volunteering at the schools was on the increase, and student morale and grades were significantly increased.  

IMO, Bush's "hijacking" of No Child Left Behind, at least as it developed in our area, was more like a "resurrection" of the program.  And it was done by putting the power of implementation where it should be, in the hands of the people and not so much in a hands-on govenmental agency as so many programs are.  

Question everything anyone affiliated with the Democratic Party has to say on issues.  Talk is cheap, and playing the "race card" in this manner has been one of the cheapest shots at our president yet.

R.M.
Greattttttttt post, Mxyzptlk

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2004, 02:31:41 AM »

BEP

Huh Huh Huh Huh

With Kerry I think his ends are interchangeable beeps. Grin

*Sneaks outta this thread before Beeps can smack me along side of the head.* Grin

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2004, 07:40:55 AM »

The Bush donned a phoney flight suit and told America, after making a dramatic staged landing on an aircraft carrier, "Mission Accomplished". Meanwhile over a year later the mission continues.

The Bush tells America the economy is picking up and job creation has happened. Meanwhile the economy slumps and many are jobless.

Isn't lying a sin as much as abortion or homosexuality is a sin?

Will not unrepented sin of lying create as much wrath from God as unrepented murder intent or unrepented unnatural.affection?

Meanwhile, Kerry says he has a plan to keep jobs in America, What is it?

America's heavy industrial base has been leaving the country under both Republicans ands Democrats for many years and neither party does anything to alleviate this problem for the average working man or woman. Meanwhile they say they have a plan for jobs in America. What is it? In fact the American government encourages the industrial base in America to move off shore.

Political empty rhetoric is what it is and then no matter who is elected it is the same old same old. That goes for congress also. Have you ever noticed how congress manages to feather their bed with wonderful salaries, pension plans, seperate from social security, vacation perks, etc.. Meanwhile, while they take thousands in benefits they try to appease the average man with a dollar or two.

Lord, give us strength in America? May more know your truth and come to your Son. The spirit of anti-Christ is strong in America. However Your will be done.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2004, 09:07:58 AM »

The Bush donned a phoney flight suit and told America, after making a dramatic staged landing on an aircraft carrier, "Mission Accomplished". Meanwhile over a year later the mission continues.

The Bush tells America the economy is picking up and job creation has happened. Meanwhile the economy slumps and many are jobless.

Will not unrepented sin of lying create as much wrath from God as unrepented murder intent or unrepented unnatural.affection?

America's heavy industrial base has been leaving the country under both Republicans ands Democrats for many years and neither party does anything to alleviate this problem for the average working man or woman. Meanwhile they say they have a plan for jobs in America. What is it? In fact the American government encourages the industrial base in America to move off shore.

Political empty rhetoric is what it is and then no matter who is elected it is the same old same old. That goes for congress also. Have you ever noticed how congress manages to feather their bed with wonderful salaries, pension plans, seperate from social security, vacation perks, etc.. Meanwhile, while they take thousands in benefits they try to appease the average man with a dollar or two.

Lord, give us strength in America? May more know your truth and come to your Son. The spirit of anti-Christ is strong in America. However Your will be done.

Ollie

While I agree with what you say here, it seems obvious that neither man will fill Gods standard of righteousness unless Jesus himself runs for president.  A better way of looking at it is, which man is more likely to allow God to influence his leadership?    

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2004, 01:33:54 PM »

The Bush donned a phoney flight suit....

Why 'phoney'? Since Bush IS a pilot....
Sure looks like a REAL flight suit to me. A lot like the one my dad wore.

...and told America, after making a dramatic staged landing on an aircraft carrier, "Mission Accomplished".

Friday, May 2, 2003: In his speech to the troops Thursday night Bush will thank the U.S. military for their efforts in Iraq. "Your courage -- your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other -- made this day possible," according to excerpts of the Bush speech released in advance. "The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done."

THE PRESIDENT: I think you ought to look at my speech. I said, Iraq is a dangerous place and we've still got hard work to do, there's still more to be done. And we had just come off a very successful military operation. I was there to thank the troops.
The "Mission Accomplished" sign, of course, was put up by the members of the USS Abraham Lincoln, saying that their mission was accomplished. I know it was attributed some how to some ingenious advance man from my staff -- they weren't that ingenious, by the way. But my statement was a clear statement, basically recognizing that this phase of the war for Iraq was over and there was a lot of dangerous work.

Meanwhile over a year later the mission continues.

Meanwhile, over a year later..... Saddam HAS been captured. The Iraqi's are re-establishing a government. How long do you expect it to be OVERALL?

WW II - US involvement was over 4 (almost 5) years.
WW I - US involvement was about 4 years.
Korea - Has not ended....  Started in 1950.

Meanwhile the economy slumps and many are jobless.

AUGUST 4 - WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Commerce Secretary Donald L. Evans called today’s solid growth in factory orders positive news and yet another indicator that our economy is strong and moving in the right direction.

“American workers on the factory floor are feeling the momentum of our economic recovery as new orders stack up across the country. The administration’s economic policies are creating new jobs and growing our economy as fast as at anytime in nearly 20 years. We will continue to work aggressively to grow the manufacturing sector and create the economic conditions to help fill the order books for manufacturers across America.”

Unemployment:

I believe that the line being lower now is a good sign.... And I would even venture to guess that the high part was fallout from the Clinton years.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

sincereheart,
Thanks for your last post - you summed things up nicely.

Yep - to me it sure looked like a real flight suit worn by a real pilot.  Wow - Ollie - what gives it away as 'fake'?   Huh  Are some buttons rearranged or something???

Bush was speaking to a ship full of sailors who were returning home from a mission and they were told their "mission was accomplished".  A single mission is not an entire war.  People who take that and spin it for any other meaning are really, really reaching...

I believe Bush is more moral than John Skerry - but I'm a conservative by nature, and Skerry is left of Kennedy the Life Guard.

(FYI - I can't remember which of our c-uniters first used the term "Skerry" - but it is a jewel I have used often since first reading it somewhere on this forum.  Smiley )

If every Christian would vote the Constitution Party ticket (which is actually the only party out there with Christian values) Bush and Kerry would both lose and Demoncats and Repo-blicans could all go home happy because the 'opposition' lost the election.  
 Grin
It couldn't get any better than that!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2004, 07:26:49 PM »

FYI - I can't remember which of our c-uniters first used the term "Skerry" - but it is a jewel I have used often since first reading it somewhere on this forum.

Honestly wish I could take credit for coining the phrase "Skerry, very sKserry", but like you, I read it somewhere and it just stuck.  A jewel indeed!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2004, 07:35:23 PM »

Ollie

While I agree with what you say here, it seems obvious that neither man will fill Gods standard of righteousness unless Jesus himself runs for president.  A better way of looking at it is, which man is more likely to allow God to influence his leadership?    

Grace and Peace!
"A better way of looking at it is, which man is more likely to allow God to influence his leadership?"

That man has not yet come forward. Pray hard!

Ollie

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2004, 07:52:48 PM »

The Bush donned a phoney flight suit....

Why 'phoney'? Since Bush IS a pilot....
Sure looks like a REAL flight suit to me. A lot like the one my dad wore.
It appeared military. Bush is not a military pilot. Most civilian pilots fly in civvies or a civvie's pilot's uniform if a commercial pilot.

...and told America, after making a dramatic staged landing on an aircraft carrier, "Mission Accomplished".

Friday, May 2, 2003: In his speech to the troops Thursday night Bush will thank the U.S. military for their efforts in Iraq. "Your courage -- your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other -- made this day possible," according to excerpts of the Bush speech released in advance. "The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done."

THE PRESIDENT: I think you ought to look at my speech. I said, Iraq is a dangerous place and we've still got hard work to do, there's still more to be done. And we had just come off a very successful military operation. I was there to thank the troops.
The "Mission Accomplished" sign, of course, was put up by the members of the USS Abraham Lincoln, saying that their mission was accomplished. I know it was attributed some how to some ingenious advance man from my staff -- they weren't that ingenious, by the way. But my statement was a clear statement, basically recognizing that this phase of the war for Iraq was over and there was a lot of dangerous work.

Meanwhile over a year later the mission continues.

Meanwhile, over a year later..... Saddam HAS been captured. The Iraqi's are re-establishing a government. How long do you expect it to be OVERALL?
Exactly.

WW II - US involvement was over 4 (almost 5) years.
WW I - US involvement was about 4 years.
Was America ever told the mission was accomplished when it wasn't?

Korea - Has not ended....  Started in 1950.
Shame on all the presidents since 1950.  Smiley

Meanwhile the economy slumps and many are jobless.

AUGUST 4 - WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Commerce Secretary Donald L. Evans called today’s solid growth in factory orders positive news and yet another indicator that our economy is strong and moving in the right direction.

“American workers on the factory floor are feeling the momentum of our economic recovery as new orders stack up across the country. The administration’s economic policies are creating new jobs and growing our economy as fast as at anytime in nearly 20 years. We will continue to work aggressively to grow the manufacturing sector and create the economic conditions to help fill the order books for manufacturers across America.”
ROFL  Wink The problem being that most of the manufacturing does not exist in America anymore.

Unemployment:

I believe that the line being lower now is a good sign.... And I would even venture to guess that the high part was fallout from the Clinton years.
I might venture that guess myself.

Roll Eyes
Ollie

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the