Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Values Voter debate now online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Values Voter debate now online  (Read 778 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 09:47:35 AM »

Values Voter debate now online
Hear candidates' positions on abortion, terrorism, speech
Posted: September 21, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The groundbreaking Values Voter Presidential Debate, where candidates were asked their positions on abortion, terrorism, free speech, free exercise of religion and other significant issues, now has been posted online.

The three-hour debate was broadcast live on Monday night, but interest has been so high that the American Family Association has posted the event for viewers to see.

The straw poll conducted at the event left former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in the top position after his performance against six other Republican presidential candidates there.

In addition to Huckabee, Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas, former ambassador Alan Keyes, businessman John Cox and Reps. Ron Paul of Texas, Tom Tancredo of Colorado and Duncan Hunter of California all were in attendance.

Missing were ex-New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Sen. John McCain of Arizona.

Janet Folger, president of the Faith2Action organization which worked on the debate, said Huckabee received 63 percent, more votes than all the other candidates combined. No-show candidates – the top four, according to national surveys – were included in the poll.

The vote included 340 delegates who were hand-selected by 40 of the country's social activists and opinion-makers.

"We won huge," said Huckabee after the votes were tallied. "I'm pleased, and proud, and honored to have this historic endorsement from America 's leading social conservatives who believe, as I do, in the core values which define American culture and life. This overwhelming vote affirms that conservatives are coalescing around one candidate and that candidate is me. Together, we will prevail."

Folger, a member of the Values Voter Debate committee, said the "biggest losers" were the no-show candidates.

Debate panelist Rabbi Aryeh Spero of the Jewish Action Alliance asked, "How can we expect these no-show candidates to take on Osama bin Laden and other world leaders when they're afraid to show up and answer questions from Phyllis Schlafly?"

If you missed it, here it is:

http://www.afa.net/debate/

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:12:06 PM »

Watching it now.

And what a variation there is up there.
You go from some that quite apparently are there as a means to get thier name out there....I would question their belief....all the way to a preacher and not a Presidential candidate.

So far though an hour into it I would have to say that Huckabee and Tancredo are in the lead.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:30:02 PM »

Does anyone thing Dr. Ron Paul's suit is about 4 sizes bigger than he is?

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 12:36:30 PM »

Does anyone thing Dr. Ron Paul's suit is about 4 sizes bigger than he is?

So is the debate.

Cheesy Cheesy

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 12:59:59 PM »

ROFL.

What is bad is that the people doing the sound are doing a terrible job....just heard someone whispering "These questions are stupid"

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »

Perhaps that was left in on purpose??   Cheesy Cheesy

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:53:30 PM »

Wow
Ron Paul actually said that he would not support a commision or gment sponsored body to help fight slavery in the Sudan where it is still legalized.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »

That is not hard to believe of him. His belief of government is that the U.S. sovereignty has no business in the affairs of the rest of the world no matter how it may effect the U.S., that we should withdraw inside of our own borders and ignore what is going on in the rest of the world.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:37:32 PM »

Ron Paul is showing to be less and less a conservative as he goes on...

The question was brought up by the president of Voice of the Martyr that in Saudi Arabia they do not allow churches to be brought up...basically Christianity is not allowed in their borders.

However they fund millions of mosques across the country.  Would you as President support denial of visa's, sanctions, or other measures to allow equal access or deny their support of the spread of a religion in our country.

He said he would not.

Honestly a tough question.  Because you really cannot force one country to do something else.  And if we deny them the ability to spread Islam then we could be seen as biased, and thus the ACLU would be all over it....however I believe we should be able to halt a foreign country from spending any money on anything other than the trade goods we provide them.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 03:45:18 PM »

LOL the man Mr. Paul is full of contradictions and problems.

When asked if he was elected president if he would support stronger restrictions on China as far as trade is concerned.  He said no.

He has such an isolationist mentality that he has isolated himself from listening to the questions. Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 04:02:31 PM »

He is far from being a conservative or a constitutionalists as many describe him. He is a libertarian in the strictest form. He believes in small government (not a bad thing) but he takes it to the extreme of no standing Army and he supports equal rights for homosexuals and the right to abortions.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 05:06:44 PM »

Yep was getting that.

My order of how I liked the folks that were at the debate.

Gov. Huckabee
Sen. Tom Tancredo
Sen. Sam Brownback
John Cox
Duncan Hunter
Alan Keyes
Rep. Ron Paul

There were 4 big names in the Republican side of the house that were not in attendance.
Fred Thompson
Rudy Guliani
John McCain
Mitt Romney

It was well worth watching and listening.  3 hours long but well worth it.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 05:13:10 PM »

Let it also be known. 

All of the Democratic candidates were invited to a debate next week.  And all of them turned it down and found something more important to do.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 05:15:12 PM »

The four you mentioned as not being there turned down the off to go stating their schedule was to busy. Yet several of them were in the area the day before and the day after with no showings any where else on that day.

You are not alone on Gov Huckabee. He had the most votes there, winning it by a landslide.

Let it also be known. 

All of the Democratic candidates were invited to a debate next week.  And all of them turned it down and found something more important to do.

All out of fear of the results.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »

Well Huckabee I feel did the best balance of his faith and his politics.  I think Ambassador Keyes was a little over the top.  Even when talking politics it sounded like he was preaching.  I liked his fire...but but I think it would have been all preaching and no action.

Tancredo also did a really good job of letting his faith talk for him.  Although more of a politician he did good.  I was impressed.

Brownback was a politician.  One that happened to be a Christian.  That is the impression I got.  Do I think he is a Christian...yes...do I think he would let that lead him in everything he does...no.

Cox.  I liked Cox for his business sense.  He sounded good on that.  His faith was second to him and that hurts him. 

Hunter.  Just did not feel anything from him. 

Already commented on Keyes and Paul.

But there is my 2 bits on the ones that did participate.  I commend them all for going to this.  3 hours worth of debating and no breaks.  And they stayed on track and did not run over their times or anything like that...well behaved....very unusual for politicians...it was refreshing.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the