Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:07:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286816 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Food For Thought
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Food For Thought  (Read 4729 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2006, 11:56:55 PM »

I received this in an email and want to share with you:

The Seven Wonders of the World

A group of students were asked to list what they
thought were the present "Seven Wonders of the World."
Though there were some disagreements, the following
received the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one
student had not finished her paper yet. So she asked
the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The
girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up
my mind because there were so many."

The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and
maybe we can help. "The girl hesitated, then read, "I
think the 'Seven Wonders of the World' are:

1. To See
2. To Hear
3. To Touch
4. To Taste
5. To Feel
6. To Laugh
7. And to Love.

The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop.
The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and that
we take for granted are truly wondrous!

A gentle reminder that the most precious things in
life cannot be built by hand or bought by man.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:13:52 AM »

What a smart girl..... thank you for sharing this.

In Jesus.. Tina

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:38:26 PM »

Wow..............it is true, that to many, myself included take little time to truely marvel at the ability we have been given by that wonderful Creator.

BIC

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 08:20:12 AM »

"When confronted with a Goliath–size problem, which way do you respond: 'He's too big to hit,' or like David, 'He's too big to miss?'" – Unknown

It is such a blessing to know that no matter how big our problems are our God is bigger. I cannot picture our God sitting in Heaven worrying about how He will see us through our problems, but I can imagine God wondering "When will you turn to Me and let me take care of this for you?" He is the Omnipotenet God, the Almighty El-Shaddai, there is no problem too big for Him.

We can pray to our Father and let Him work our situations out for us, or we can worry about our situation and still not be able to fix it. We have no power of ourselves, our help comes from the Lord.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »

What If

What if God couldn't take the time to bless us today because we couldn't take the time to thank Him yesterday?

What if God decided to stop leading us tomorrow because we didn't follow Him today?

What if we never saw another flower bloom because we grumbled when God sent the rain?

What if God didn't walk with us today because we failed to recognize it as His day?

What if God took away his messge because we failed to listen to the messenger?

What if God didn't send His only begotten Son because He wanted us to be prepared to pay the price for sin?

What if the door to the church was closed because we did not open the door of our heart?

What if God stopped loving a caring for us because we failed to love and care for others?

What if God would not hear us today because we would not listen to him yesterday?

What if God answered our prayers the way we answer His call to service?

What if God met our needs the way we give Him our lives?

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 03:04:29 PM »

The Legend of the Starfish

A vacationing businessman was walking along a beach when he saw a young boy. Along the shore were many starfish that had been washed up by the tide and were sure to die before the tide returned. The boy was walked slowly along the shore and occasionally reached down and tossed the beached starfish back into the ocean. The businessman, hoping to teach the boy a little lesson in common sense, walked up to the boy and said, "I have been watching what you are doing, son. You have a good heart, and I know you mean well, but do you realize how many beaches there are around here and how many starfish are dying on every beach every day. Surely such an industrious and kind hearted boy such as yourself could find something better to do with your time. Do you really think that what you are doing is going to make a difference?" The boy looked up at the man, and then he looked down at a starfish by his feet. He picked up the starfish, and as he gently tossed it back into the ocean, he said, "It makes a difference to that one."

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 03:26:05 PM »

The World Is A Puzzle

There was a man who had a little boy that he loved very much. Everyday after work the man would come home and play with the little boy. He would always spend all of his extra time playing with the little boy.

One night, while the man was at work, he realized that he had extra work to do for the evening, and that he wouldn't be able to play with his little boy. But, he wanted to be able to give the boy something to keep him busy. So, looking around his office, he saw a magazine with a large map of the world on the cover. He got an idea. He removed the map, and then patiently tore it up into small pieces. Then he put all the pieces in his coat pocket.

When he got home, the little boy came running to him and was ready to play. The man explained that he had extra work to do and couldn't play just now, but he led the little boy into the dining room, and taking out all the pieces of the map, he spread them on the table. He explained that it was a map of the world, and that by the time he could put it back together, his extra work would be finished, and they could both play. Surely this would keep the child busy for hours, he thought.

About half an hour later the boy came to the man and said, "Okay, it's finished. Can we play now.?"

The man was surprised, saying, "That's impossible. Let's go see." And sure enough, there was the picture of the world, all put together, every piece in it's place.

The man said, "That's amazing ! How did you do that ?" The boy said, "It was simple. On the back of the page was a picture of a man. When I put the man together the whole world fell into place."

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 03:28:56 PM »

THROUGH ME

Through me
let there be kind words, a warm smile, and a caring heart.

Through me
let there be a willingness to listen and a readiness to understand.

Through me
let there be dependability, steadfastness, trust and loyalty.

Through me
let there be compassion, forgiveness, mercy and love.

Through me
let there be every quality I find, O Lord, in Thee.

-Unknown

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 10:00:18 AM »

The Lesson of the Homeless Man
(Unknown Author)

It was a cold winter's day that Sunday. The parking lot to the church was filling up quickly. I noticed as I got out of my car fellow church members were whispering among themselves as they walked in the church.

As I got closer I saw a man leaned up against the wall outside the church. He was almost laying down as if he was asleep. He had on a long trench coat that was almost in shreds and a hat topped his head, pulled down so you could not see his face. He wore shoes that looked 30 years old, too small for his feet, with holes all over them, his toes stuck out.

I assumed this man was homeless, and asleep, so I walked on by through the doors of the church.

We all fellowshipped for a few minutes, and someone brought up the man laying outside. People snickered and gossiped but no one bothered to ask him to come in, including me.

A few moments later church began. We all waited for the Preacher to take his place and to give us the Word, when the doors to the church opened.

In came the homeless man walking down the aisle with his head down.

People gasped and whispered and made faces.

He made his way down the aisle and up onto the pulpit where he took off his hat and coat. My heart sank.

There stood our preacher...he was the "homeless man."

No one said a word.

The preacher took his Bible and laid it on his stand.

"Folks, I don't think I have to tell you what I am preaching about today. If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:04:29 AM »

(Unknown Author)

It was a cold winter's day that Sunday. The parking lot to the church was filling up quickly. I noticed as I got out of my car fellow church members were whispering among themselves as they walked in the church.

As I got closer I saw a man leaned up against the wall outside the church. He was almost laying down as if he was asleep. He had on a long trench coat that was almost in shreds and a hat topped his head, pulled down so you could not see his face. He wore shoes that looked 30 years old, too small for his feet, with holes all over them, his toes stuck out.

I assumed this man was homeless, and asleep, so I walked on by through the doors of the church.

We all fellowshipped for a few minutes, and someone brought up the man laying outside. People snickered and gossiped but no one bothered to ask him to come in, including me.

A few moments later church began. We all waited for the Preacher to take his place and to give us the Word, when the doors to the church opened.

He made his way down the aisle and up onto the pulpit where he took off his hat and coat. My heart sank.

No one said a word.

"Folks, I don't think I have to tell you what I am preaching about today. If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

AMEN!!!!!

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:48 AM »

Abortion

Would you consider abortion in the following situations?

1. There's a preacher and wife who are very, very, poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she's pregnant with her 15th. They're living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty, and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending she get an abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. 1st is blind, 2nd is dead, 3rd is deaf, 4th has TB. She finds she's pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you consider recommending abortion?

3. A white man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She's not married. Her fiance is not the father of the baby, and he's very upset. Would you consider recommending abortion?

In the first case, you have just killed John Wesley. One of the great evangelists in the 19th century.

In the second case, you have killed Beethoven.

In the third case, you have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

If you said yes to the fourth case, you have just declared the murder of Jesus Christ!

-Unknown

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 10:12:56 AM »

Death of an Innocent
-Unknown

I went to a party, Mom,
I remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom,
so I drank soda instead.

I really felt proud inside, Mom,
the way you said I would.
I didn't drink and drive, Mom,
even though the others said I should.

I know I did the right thing, Mom,
I know you are always right.
Now the party is finally ending, Mom,
as everyone is driving out of sight.

As I got into my car, Mom,
I knew I'd get home in one piece.
Because of the way you raised me,
so responsible and sweet.

I started to drive away, Mom,
but as I pulled out into the road,
the other car didn't see me, Mom,
and hit me like a load.

As I lay there on the pavement, Mom,
I hear the policeman say,
the other guy is drunk, Mom,
and now I'm the one who will pay.

I'm lying here dying, Mom.
I wish you'd get here soon.
How could this happen to me, Mom?
My life just burst like a balloon.

There is blood all around me, Mom,
and most of it is mine.
I hear the medic say, Mom,
I'll die in a short time.

I just wanted to tell you, Mom,
I swear I didn't drink.
It was the others, Mom.
The others didn't think.

He was probably at
the same party as I.
The only difference is,
he drank and I will die.

Why do people drink, Mom?
It can ruin your whole life.
I'm feeling sharp pains now.
Pains just like a knife.

The guy who hit me is walking, Mom,
and I don't think it's fair.
I'm lying here dying
and all he can do is stare.

Tell my brother not to cry, Mom.
Tell Daddy to be brave.
And when I go to heaven, Mom,
put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave

Someone should have told him, Mom,
not to drink and drive.
If only they had told him, Mom,
I would still be alive.

My breath is getting shorter, Mom.
I'm becoming very scared.
Please don't cry for me, Mom.
When I needed you, you were always there.

I have one last question, Mom,
before I say good bye.
I didn't drink and drive,
so why am I the one to die?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 10:14:59 AM »

Abortion

Would you consider abortion in the following situations?

1. There's a preacher and wife who are very, very, poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she's pregnant with her 15th. They're living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty, and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending she get an abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. 1st is blind, 2nd is dead, 3rd is deaf, 4th has TB. She finds she's pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you consider recommending abortion?

3. A white man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She's not married. Her fiance is not the father of the baby, and he's very upset. Would you consider recommending abortion?

In the first case, you have just killed John Wesley. One of the great evangelists in the 19th century.

In the second case, you have killed Beethoven.

In the third case, you have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

If you said yes to the fourth case, you have just declared the murder of Jesus Christ!

-Unknown

Amen Sister. This one deserves printing again and I do beleive it needs to go into the Abortion News thread.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 10:18:04 AM »

(Unknown Author)

No one said a word.

Amen, sister. I wish I had thought of that one some time ago.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 10:18:32 AM »

GIVE ME THE SIMPLE LIFE

satan called a worldwide convention. In his opening address to his evil angels, he said, "We can't keep the Christians from going to church.

We can't keep then from reading their Bibles & knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from conservative values. But we can do something else. We can keep them from forming an intimate, abiding experience in Christ.

If they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken. So let them go to church, let them have their conservative lifestyles, but steal their time, so they can't gain that experience in Jesus Christ. This is what I want you to do, angels. Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior & maintaining that vital connection throughout their day."

"How shall we do this?", shouted his angels.

"Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life & invent unnumbered schemes to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, then, borrow, borrow, borrow. Convince the wives to go to work & the husbands to work 6 or 7 days a week,10-12 hrs. a day, so they can afford their lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their family fragments, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work."

"Overstimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still small voice. Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive, to keep the TV, the VCR, & their CD's going constantly in their homes.

And see to it that every store & restaurant in the world plays music constantly. This will jam their minds & break that union with Christ."

"Fill their coffee tables with magazines & newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hrs. a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, sweepstakes, mail order catalogues, & every kind of newsletter & promotional offering, free products, services, & false hopes."

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted, disquieted & unprepared for the coming week. Don't let them go out in nature. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, concerts & movies instead. And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip & small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences & unsettled emotion."

"Let them be involved in soul-winning. But crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Christ. Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health & family unity for the good of the cause."

It was quite a convention in the end. And the evil angels went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busy, busy, busy & rush here & there.

Has the devil been successful at his scheme? You be the judge.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the