Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Suicide?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suicide?  (Read 2166 times)
Shemaya
« on: December 28, 2004, 08:38:04 PM »

Okay my question of the day.If you commit suicide will you go to Heaven.My friend commited suicide and I was wondering if she would make it to Heaven or not.My opinion cults are stupid I hate them >:(She went to a site called Wicca.Is that a religion I thought I heard someone say it was.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 10:09:22 PM »

Wicca is a pagan "religion". They do not believe in the saving grace through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

As for suicide, even Paul contemplated suicide.

Phi 1:20  According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
Phi 1:21  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Phi 1:22  But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
Phi 1:23  For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
Phi 1:24  Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Phi 1:25  And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
Phi 1:26  That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

He determined it was better to remain in the flesh (alive in the earthly body) in order to do God's work until such time that God determined it was time for him to go.

It is easy to see where a Christian that is suffering would want to get away from that suffering and go to a place where there is no more suffering. This is not doing Gods work nor is it according to His plan.

Any person that has accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour will go to Heaven.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 10:28:55 PM »

Okay my question of the day.If you commit suicide will you go to Heaven.My friend commited suicide and I was wondering if she would make it to Heaven or not.My opinion cults are stupid I hate them >:(She went to a site called Wicca.Is that a religion I thought I heard someone say it was.
I am sorry for your friend. Wicca is no a religion. It is a false religion, according to the Bible. Because followers of Wicca do not believe the Bible to be the Word of God. The Bible says, and warns, about witchcraft are also not, they are God's Words. Those who choose to ignore or defy the Word of God have only themselves to blame for what God is going to do to them if they do not repent

Wicca, or wikke, is an old Anglo-Saxon word that is the origin of two better-known English words, wicked and witch. Worshipping a  "goddess and/or a horned god", that is not a good thing.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto The Lord: and because of these abominations The Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee."
Exodus 22:18 "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
1 Samuel 15:23 "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry."
Galatians 5:19-21 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God."

Somewhere here there is a thread dealing on this subject.

Resting in the arm's of the Lord.
Bob

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 11:55:44 PM »

Sure sorry to hear about your friend, Shemaya.

Are you saying her visit to a Wicca website might have led to her suicide?

Suicide is not covered in life-insurance policies.

It IS the taking of a life (your own).  So, in a sense, it IS murder.

Embarrassed

If Satan could have his way, don't you think he'd want us all to kill ourselves?

And if it is something Satan wants, wouldn't that mean it's anti-God?

'Sure seems so to me.

Plus, isn't suicide a lack of faith, in God?  How do I know He isn't about to literally intervene?

And, isn't that sort of the lesson in that Jimmy Stewart film, "It's a Wonderful Life"?  Wasn't Bailey there about to jump, when Clarence the angel beats him to it?  And he ends up saving the angel, instead of killing himself?

On the other hand, accounts I've read of Pearl Harbor, say a sailor on one of the sinking ships, covered in fuel oil and burning alive, begged comrades to kill him......

Cry
Melody
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 08:30:31 AM »

Yes Wicca is considered a religion (false or not) and, just for clarification, it is not about worshipping the devil, a horned one or anything else.  Wicca is not satanism and most of the wiccans I know do not practice magic either.  It is a pagan religions; however, as with any non-Christian religion they do not believe in the saving Grace of Jesus.  I doubt if your friend committed suicide just by going to a wicca site.

It does sound though as if she may have been on a spiritual quest...and gave up too soon.  I don't know whether she'll get to heaven...nobody can tell you that...but I believe in a merciful God who knows our heart and I take comfort in that fact when I think about people, particularly my family members, who are atheists, wiccans or any other belief that does not embrace our Lord as Saviour.

Melody
Shemaya
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 06:53:13 PM »

thanks you for telling me.I was just wonderings.Thank yous
Seeds

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 05:15:41 PM »

It IS the taking of a life (your own).  So, in a sense, it IS murder.

in other words does it mean it is an unforgivable sin?

He is returning. Are YOU ready for it. I AM

Believe!
SamI337

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 05:23:13 PM »

you cannot loose your salvation in God. once you ask Christ into your heart he will always remain in it. God said he'd never leav us nor forsake us. So if your friend was a Christian & had Christ in her heart, yes she would still g oto heaven. Smiley
Seeds

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 08:59:40 PM »

yes, but

If Shemaya's friend never had salvation, then she wouldn't go to heaven

He is returning. Are YOU ready for it. I AM

Believe!
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 01:32:43 AM »

HE never wanted to kill himself .He did die many times .But he desired to serve the LORD . You will not make me believe this man of GOD ever wanted to kill himself .He just understood as YOU SHOULD .We gain at death .And suffer for CHRIST JESUS ON EARTH .Knowing this may be the ONLY TIME ,We get to work for our LORD in FAITH and TRUTH ..You are wrong brother !

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 12:37:53 AM »

Yes Wicca is considered a religion (false or not) and, just for clarification, it is not about worshipping the devil, a horned one or anything else.  Wicca is not satanism and most of the wiccans I know do not practice magic either.  It is a pagan religions; however, as with any non-Christian religion they do not believe in the saving Grace of Jesus.  I doubt if your friend committed suicide just by going to a wicca site.

It does sound though as if she may have been on a spiritual quest...and gave up too soon.  I don't know whether she'll get to heaven...nobody can tell you that...but I believe in a merciful God who knows our heart and I take comfort in that fact when I think about people, particularly my family members, who are atheists, wiccans or any other belief that does not embrace our Lord as Saviour.

Melody

Melody,
         .... just for clarification, it is not about worshipping the devil, a horned one or anything else.  Wicca is not satanism and most of the wiccans I know do not practice magic either....

Must be each group is different because
Those that I knew did practice magic, they called it "white" magic that was suppoe to make it good. They also  worshiped trees, the god of wind, fire etc etc etc..., they also have warlocks who joined in the covens during certain rituals. In reality Worshipping anything but God is worshipping the devil in my book. Definatly not a good idea to be involved with them for any reason.

I believe someones suicide could have been cuased by such a group.

musicllover

musicllover
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 08:24:34 PM »

Mat 12:31  Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men
Mat 12:32  And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Luk 12:10  And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 09:49:06 PM »

What would Blasphemy consist of?

Erise,
         I was taught that blashpemy is when you insult, curse, give no respect to God, or claiming that you are god.
THis is all forgivable, but NOT blashemy of the Holy Spirit.

Matt 12:31 THerefore I say to you, every sin and  blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the son of Man it will be forgiven him, but whoever spekas against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgven him either in this age or in the age to come.

Mark 3: 28-30 Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blashpemies they may utter, but he who blaphemies against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation.

Why is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit worse than against God, because Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the a delibrate denial of the Power of God (Holy Spirit) even when it is known better, such as the Pharisess when Jesus walked the earth. They knew and see miracle working thru Jesus yet accused HIM of blashemy saying the devil was working through him, there by giving satan the glory for what the Holy Spirit had done.
musicllover

musicllover
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 10:07:51 PM »

Unforgivable sin does not exist, if you believe in the LORD Jesus Christ.
Mark 3:22-30 "And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and, 'By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.' ...'Assuredly, I (Jesus) say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit'"
Note: The Pharisees made the same charge in Mat 9:34.

Matt 12:31-32 Jesus says to the Pharisees,
"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come"

These words of Jesus, found in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, contrast blasphemies for which one may receive forgiveness with the blasphemy "against the Holy Spirit," for which one never has forgiveness. Since there is no forgiveness for such blasphemy, the person who commits it is guilty of "an eternal sin." Hence, that sin has come to be known as "the unforgivable sin."

Worldnet dictionary defines blasphemy as 1: blasphemous language (expressing disrespect for God or for something sacred) 2: blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character; "desecration of the Holy Sabbath."

Resting, in peace with the Lord.
Bob

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 08:46:21 PM »

It is not disrepect toward GOD or JESUS CHRIST .Just the HOLY spirit . Someone dancing in the spirit or speaking in tongues or being filled with the HOLY SPIRIT .
People who mock these things and others are taking a big chance as many do ?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the