Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Isaiah 17
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Isaiah 17  (Read 1380 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:07:05 AM »

Isaiah 17

Despite all the hype and anxiety over Iran's nuclear ambitions, several things have to happen before the Battle of Ezekiel 38. The US has to be taken out of Israel's defense equation. Which may be some of the motivation, behind Iran's current shenanigans.

The situation between Hezbollah and Israel is heating up, and nobody seems able, or even willing to stop it. The US and Russia have agreed that Israel has a right to defend itself from unprovoked aggression, and even the moderate Arab states have questioned Hezbollah's motives. At the recent emergency meeting of Arab Foreign Ministers sharp rifts erupted as moderate Arab states denounced Hezbollah for starting the conflict, according to Fox News.

Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal called the group's actions "unexpected, inappropriate and irresponsible," telling his counterparts: "These acts will pull the whole region back to years ago, and we cannot simply accept them."

Supporting his stance were representatives of Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Iraq, the Palestinian Authority, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, delegates said.

The only ones openly supporting Hezbollah are Syria and Iran, both widely suspected of having engineered the confrontation in the first place. Unless somebody blinks soon, this crisis has the potential to escalate into the fulfillment of Isaiah 17.

The Israelis have all but announced plans to mount a pre-emptive attack against Iran's nuclear facilities. Iran and Syria supply the money, weaponry and supervisory manpower for the 15,000 or so missiles Hezbollah has arrayed against Israel. They're believed to have directed Hezbollah to provoke this attack to demonstrate their combined strength as a deterrent to Israel's plans. But I don't think anyone expected Israel's new government, thought by most to lack sufficient backbone for this kind of thing, to respond so forcefully. Now that they have, the West sees the possibility for a major victory in the War on Terror by knocking out a player or two. Israel has promised to destroy Hezbollah before they stop, and the West may see an opportunity here to punish Syria for killing former Lebanese Prime Minister Hariri last spring.

As far as the destruction of Damascus is concerned, in Isaiah 17 where it's prophesied only Damascus and Israel are mentioned, so many think to see it as something between the two of them. But Syria's tied by treaty to Iran, and Iran is really calling the shots along Israel's northern border. Iran has warned that its response to any attack on its nuclear plants would be against Israel. Iran would most likely use Hezbollah to do this, having supplied most of the 15,000 missiles Hezbollah has arrayed against northern Israel.

Today many nations are stirred up by Israel's response to the Hezbollah rocket attack and kidnapping. They say it's extreme, not appropriate to the circumstances. Many believe that Syria will soon try to provoke a Jewish response. If that should cause a further escalation we can easily envision a scenario that includes the final fulfillment of Isaiah 17, the destruction of Damascus.

The phrase "rushing of many waters" is often used to describe a loud voice. Such an escalation would certainly cause an incredible uproar among the nations, and many loud voices.

So here's a possible scenario. The US and, or Israel go after Iran's nukes, but are less than 100% successful in de-stabilizing Iran. Through Syria, Iran has Hezbollah launch against Israel causing much damage in northern and central regions. Israel levels Damascus in return. Iran also retaliates against the US with massive terrorist attacks in America and Iraq and by causing financial upheaval in the oil markets. Another possible scenario is the death, of President Bush. The combination sidelines the US. Everybody goes to the negotiating table. The resulting treaty convinces Israel that they have no one to fear. But with Russia's help Iran quickly rebuilds and on a day when Israel least expects it Iran and it's Moslem coalition attacks fulfilling Ezekiel's prophecy.

Obviously this is pure speculation, but it is a scenario consistent with what we currently know about Biblical prophecy.

Please remember, that this is pure speculation on my part. So lets hear your ideas of Isaiah 17, y’all.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Edited to add; This may drive a few of you nuts.......  Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 01:37:37 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:37:42 AM »

You did this just to get my going didn't you?   Cheesy LOL

OK here's one for you.  (pure speculation)

Either Iran's Imagine_A_dud, OR Syria decide to use a chemical tipped weapon (possibly more) against Israel, killing thousands.   Israel unleashes the samson option and executes a nuclear strike on Damascus.  Not only is the city in ruins, but the surrounding area suffers greatly.  Israel occupies most parts of Lebanon for defensive purposes, as well as overrunning the dome of the rock.  The world is shocked and appalled condemning Israel.  Irans ImagineAdud gathers a coalition of islamic nations together to finish Israel once and for all. 

The rapture takes place   Cool  millions of believers around the world vanish, including a large majority of the Bush administration.... Grin  leaving America, along with other major nations crippled and in economic ruin. 

The AC rides onto the scene to bring global calm and peace.  Using great signs and miracles through his false prophet, He is able to persuade Israel to give up their remaining nukes and provide them with protection against the growing Islamic coalition by using an emergency international force that has been created. A new world government is installed to fill the power vacuum, along with a new global monetary system to aid in the economic crisis taking place.   All the while, Israel religious leaders build the third temple and begin observing their old sacrificial system.  Islamic outrage still fuming over Israels victories in Damascus and on the temple mount.   

The AC enters the temple and proclaims He is god.   Israel is stunned and betrayed. Now unarmed and defenseless, they are caught in a Gog Magog onslaught, which God divinely protects them and defeats the hoard of armies. Israel turns to Christ in one day and the 144,000 are sealed.  Satan is furious and pursues Israel into the desert where God opens up the earth and swallows up the ensuing armies.   Satan even more enraged because he cannot touch Israel under Gods protection, turns to the world and begins killing all believers who reject him.

The armies of heaven ride in following Christ and defeat Satans Armies and followers.  We enter into 1,000 years world peace. 

DreamWeaver Blackeyepeas, and Pastor Roger are given charge over the New Jerusalem's Heaven Dwellers Unite fellowship hall.  We all meet and talk about 2T's old theory's on CU and how they were completely wrong.   Grin   2T smiles and gives everyone a big hug and says, "hey, wanna hear my theory about how the rest of eternity goes?"   

Everyone smirks and says...nope!   Tongue  Grin   2T spouts off anyways as the fellowship hall empties....{cricket noises follow}   Roll Eyes

We live happily ever after with the Lord!

Woohoo!  Hows that for speculation?  hehe

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 01:39:47 AM »

You did this just to get my going didn't you?   Cheesy LOL

Who me??
Now would I
do that
to
You??

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 01:53:53 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 07:58:05 AM »

The rapture takes place     millions of believers around the world vanish, including a large majority of the Bush administration....

We live happily ever after with the Lord!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 08:29:32 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin   ROFL!

To all of the sweet Christians here, I love you and look forward to spending eternity together with JESUS. I doubt we will even remember any of our differences, even though most of them were mild and done in love between Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

We will have so much to be happy about that we will most certainly be busy with rejoicing, worship, and praise of GOD. WOW! - What a time of JOY for ETERNITY!

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!

THE RAPTURE WILL BE A REALITY!

1 Thessalonians 4:13 NASB  But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 NASB  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 4:15 NASB  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 NASB  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 NASB  Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:18 NASB  Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50 NASB  Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:51 NASB  Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:52 NASB  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Corinthians 15:53 NASB  For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Corinthians 15:54 NASB  But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:55 NASB  "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?"

1 Corinthians 15:56 NASB  The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

1 Corinthians 15:57 NASB  but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:58 NASB  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 08:36:10 AM »

Thats what I'm talking about sister!!

we can only hope.......... Grin

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:48:40 PM »

LOL  AMEN trice!!!

What a day when we finally see Jesus!   

Folks, Prophecy was not given in order to make us fortune tellers.   It was given for the world to know that God almighty is who He says He is. 

Isa 48:3  "I declared the former things long ago And they went forth from My mouth, and I proclaimed them. Suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.

Isa 14:24  The LORD of hosts has sworn saying, "Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand,

This is why we really don't know exactly how these things will take place, but, when they happen in Gods own way exactly as He said, HE will receive both honor and praise for HE has spoken it before hand, and brought it to pass before mens eyes.    None of us will take credit for a thing.  We can only watch in awe and wonder.

God be praised!

PS: you just gotta luv the Heaven Dwellers Unite thingy though...lol   I'm sure I've seen that verse in there somewhere before.   Cheesy   (just kidding)

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 02:22:16 PM »

LOL  AMEN trice!!!

What a day when we finally see Jesus!   

Folks, Prophecy was not given in order to make us fortune tellers.   It was given for the world to know that God almighty is who He says He is. 

Isa 48:3  "I declared the former things long ago And they went forth from My mouth, and I proclaimed them. Suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.

Isa 14:24  The LORD of hosts has sworn saying, "Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand,

This is why we really don't know exactly how these things will take place, but, when they happen in Gods own way exactly as He said, HE will receive both honor and praise for HE has spoken it before hand, and brought it to pass before mens eyes.    None of us will take credit for a thing.  We can only watch in awe and wonder.

God be praised!

AMEN brother AMEN!!

PS: you just gotta luv the Heaven Dwellers Unite thingy though...lol   I'm sure I've seen that verse in there somewhere before.   Cheesy   (just kidding)

Try in a PM to me brother. Grin

brohank

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 09:32:23 PM »

Thought ya'll might be interested in this little tidbit of info....for the past several months, a number of Jewish sages have been rehashing some old sayings that relate to Iran..they call it Parah or Paran, but it is Persia.  According to old sayings, Persia has to be destroyed before Moshiach comes, and they all believe that that destruction is imminent.  Below are just a couple of the remarks.

Reprinted from Yiiddishkeit.org

The Talmud, Yoma 10a, states:
Rabbi Yochanan said in the name of Rabbi Yehuda in the name of Rabbi Ilai: In the time to come, Rome will fall at the hands of Persia.
The Yalkut Shimoni (midrash, compiled circa 500 c.e.) states:
Rabbi Yitzchak said: The year that Melech HaMoshiach will be revealed, all the kings (leaders) of the nations will be struggling against each other. The leader of Persia (Iran) will contest with an Arab leader and the Arab leader will go to Aram (the Western Superpowers) to get council from them.
The leader of Persia will respond and destroy the entire world. All the nations of the world will be trembling and shaking and falling on their faces. They will be seized by pains like labor pains.
The Jewish people will be trembling and quaking and saying: "Where can we go? Where can we go?" And [Moshiach] will say to them: my children, do not fear! Everything I did I did only for you! Why are you frightened? Don't be afraid--the days of your redemption have arrived!
Rabbi Yonasan Eibshetz, ztvk"l, (1690-1764) states in his sefer: Yaaros Dvash:
At certain moment the time will come when Moshiach should have already arrived but the redemption has not yet come. The Moshiach will ask how it could be that the time for redemption has arrived and he still undergoes sufferings? The response that he will receive is that he must wait for nine months. Why? In order to wait for the fall of Persia (Iran) at the hands of Edom (the Christian West), and then the final redemption will come.

I used to be Evangelist until I got servered!
Light of Life Ministries
The Master's Table Christian Newspaper
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 10:04:26 PM »

Hmmm that interesting reading there brother.
The year that Melech HaMoshiach will be revealed, all the kings (leaders) of the nations will be struggling against each other.
That almost sounds like now, where nations have drawn lines in the sand.  Those for Israel (which are few and far between,) and those against Israel which are many.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the