Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286812 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  First time on this Journey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First time on this Journey  (Read 2423 times)
Everyday Newborn

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2004, 12:53:38 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm from Seattle, and yes it's wet here, no I don't own an umbrella, and yes I can see three Starbucks from any street corner I'm at.  Cheesy

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'm 28, my wife is 22, and we have a little girl who is turning 1 this week.  She's walking around really good so you can imagine our workload just tripled.   Grin

We are currently looking for a church in our area, we moved and had to leave our home church which was very difficult.  Finding a church is the hardest thing to do, especially since I've had a lot of dissappointments in this process.  I will be honest with you all, I do tend to cause waves sometimes, but that's just because I tend to ask questions and challenge people to think.  I do so in an attempt to learn and understand people and their beliefs.  I'm looking forward to talking to you.  God bless.

Pr. 3:5-7
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the LORD and shun evil.
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 01:23:29 PM »

Hello & Welcome! Seattle! WOW...Brrr! lol. Im from Florida~Nice to "meet" Ya!:) SmileySmileySmileySmiley[/b]

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 02:08:06 PM »

Hello Everyday Newborn

Welcome to CU!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 08:31:37 PM »

Ooooooh! Starbucks! Good stuff!  Grin

Come on in and splash around!  Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 08:18:09 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Everyday Newborn,

I sincerely hope you enjoy Christians Unite. I really can't imagine how difficult it would be to change churches since I've attended the same little church for 54 years. I remember having 1 year-olds running around the house. It's a precious time to be treasured.

Jump in and have fun.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 09:33:45 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'm from Seattle, and yes it's wet here, no I don't own an umbrella, and yes I can see three Starbucks from any street corner I'm at.  Cheesy

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'm 28, my wife is 22, and we have a little girl who is turning 1 this week.  She's walking around really good so you can imagine our workload just tripled.   Grin

We are currently looking for a church in our area, we moved and had to leave our home church which was very difficult.  Finding a church is the hardest thing to do, especially since I've had a lot of dissappointments in this process.  I will be honest with you all, I do tend to cause waves sometimes, but that's just because I tend to ask questions and challenge people to think.  I do so in an attempt to learn and understand people and their beliefs.  I'm looking forward to talking to you.  God bless.

"I do tend to cause waves sometimes, but that's just because I tend to ask questions and challenge people to think."
 You dont happen to be a preachers kid do ya?  Welcome to the forums plenty of views here. So 'wave' away hehe
Everyday Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 10:29:38 AM »

"I do tend to cause waves sometimes, but that's just because I tend to ask questions and challenge people to think."
 You dont happen to be a preachers kid do ya?  Welcome to the forums plenty of views here. So 'wave' away hehe

LOL!  No I'm not a preachers kid, directly anyway.  I'll explain.  When I came to know Christ and attend church, I got involved in a group of youths from all different churches that gathered once a week.  I became good friends with a guy there, and his dad used to pastor a church.  He also taught in (and helped start) one of the Bible colleges here in Seattle.  He has since retired from those positions, but never felt his duties were over.  So he started a Bible study once a week, and I've attended those studies for most of my Christian life (which has been 7 years).  He teaches on all the subjects my pastor at my church wants to avoid bringing up or talking about.  So over the years I've received my fellowship, encouragement, and work in the body of Christ at my church, but I've received my teaching from the Bible study.  So I'm not a preachers kid per say, but I've become like a son to him because he along with other Godly men have brought me up in my Christianity.  I'm sure that was more then what you were asking for.... Cheesy

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 11:34:17 AM »

OKAY!![/b]  I am NOT[/b][/u] going to get along with you!!  Starbucks?  I hate coffee!!!   Grin  Ok.  So I fib and have made a bad first impression...

Actually you've presented two things that will make me like you right off the bat.  You mentioned Starbucks, which sells coffee, which I intake intravenously, and that you ask alot of questions which gets you into trouble!  I like trouble!  

Seriously though Brother, you will never learn unless you question what God shows you.  In so doing, He takes you by the hand and walks you step by step through each situation in His grace, and perfects you along the way.  Questioning is good.  Coffee is even better!   Wink

Welcome aboard my friend.

Christ's,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Everyday Newborn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 12:15:07 PM »

LOL!!  I love your Avatar Allinall, that cracks me up.  And it totally fits the people here in Seattle.  If they're not swimming in the rain, they're swimming in their coffee.

I think asking questions is how we grow, because it causes us to expand our understanding of things.  I don't mean asking questions like the Pharisees asked Jesus in attempts to trap him, but rather like Nicodemus did in effort to understand exactly what Jesus was trying to say.  Some people don't like being challenged, and that's where I get the waves.  I've had a lot of remarks said to me like, "You're taking that out of context." "That's your interpretation."  "That verse doesn't apply to me."  "I don't need to read the Bible, I have the love of God in my heart."  Trouble is not what I look for, but it's what I get sometimes.  And I've certainly been wrong in a lot of discussions, but that's also how we mature and grow.  Anyone agree/disagree?

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 12:27:05 PM »

Amen!  And I absolutely agree.  My question has become, "Am I humble enough to be wrong?"   Smiley  We ask that we might know God, and understand Him and His word better.  Amen!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 08:11:25 PM »

Trouble is not what I look for, but it's what I get sometimes.  And I've certainly been wrong in a lot of discussions, but that's also how we mature and grow.  Anyone agree/disagree?

Oklahoma Howdy to Everyday Newborn,

I think that you will find numerous debates here, some fairly hot and some maybe too hot. Some folks enjoy a good debate and others don't like them at all. If they are done in Christian love and don't get too hot, I think that everyone can benefit from the various views and the requirement to spend more time in the Holy Bible to participate.

I agree that questions, answers, and discussions are a good way to grow and mature. However, I would also say that the far too hot debates don't do anything except hurt feelings and make folks angry. I'm hoping the majority of what you see here is NOT in the "far too hot" category.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 08:16:15 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

Brother, I absolutely love coffee, but you've had me swimming in that cup for over a week now. Is it possible you could give someone else a turn?   Grin

If you let me out, I promise to stay out of trouble.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 08:40:25 PM »

Gray hair and a pot belly?  Sheesh BEPS  your a bit out of shape.....
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 12:14:30 AM »

Grin  I resemble that remark. I went on that television show where they do all of the make-overs. They stamped "REJECT" on my forehead and sent me home.   Grin

The Crusader
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 05:15:53 AM »

Grin  I resemble that remark. I went on that television show where they do all of the make-overs. They stamped "REJECT" on my forehead and sent me home.   Grin

LOL Wink
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the