Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286815 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God of Mercy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God of Mercy  (Read 1361 times)
BlackmanX

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2004, 11:35:34 PM »

I think  that  a  fitting  title  for  the  Most  High  is  "God of  Mercy".

I have seen  people  do  horrible  things.  A  man hurt a  woman. A woman  hurt a  man.   False accusations  get made.  Good men and some women  get  wrongfully  convicted.  Innocent men go to jail.  Young  women  are  fed  feminist  propaganda  and discouraged  from  seeking  happiness  in  relationships  with  men.

People  are  discriminated  against  based  on race, religion, nationality, orientation, Gender ( it  goes both  ways,  a  woman can get discriminated against and  a  man  can  get discriminated  against  as  well).   We  are  in a  society  where only the  most  ruthless  survive.  Relationships are failing.   Marriages  don't  last.  There  is so many  divorces  that  it  is  scary.   There  are  many men  and  women  out  there  with   hardened  hearts.  A  lot  of  suffering.  

I  pray  each  day  that  God  will  intervene.  I  see  some  men  and some  women  try to  help  their  fellow  human  beings  but  they  get  hurt  and  discouraged  in  this  cursed  world full of cynicism  and  hatred.  The  world  has gone  mad.   I  pray for a  miracle.  

I  think  that  there  is  one  title  our  Lord  is  worthy  of  that  we  don't  give  Him.   He  is  the   God of  the  Heavens.
The  Most  High.  The  Almighty.  The  Father  of  All.  The  Creator.   All  those  are great  and  worthy  titles  but  one  that  He  is  most  worthy  of   is  God  of   Mercy.

I  hope  He shows  Mercy  to  us  all.   We  are a   tragically  flawed  race.  There  are  very  few  good  men  and  good  women  left.  Their  numbers   are dwindling.   Agents  of evil (both  male and female)  are  very  popular in  our  culture  and  young  men and  especially  young  women  listen to them  and  fall  prey  to  their  evil  words.   Lucifer  would  feel  right  at  home  in   21st  century  America.

I  pray  for  Divine  Intervention...and  my  Hope  wanes.  I still try to maintain  it.  

It  is  not  easy.

I  just  wanted  to  share  this with  you.

peace.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 12:01:19 AM »

Keep praying BlackmanX, God knows what is in your heart. Keep trying to help those less fortunate then you.  One day God shall deliver us from this world. A world with none of the problems from this one.  Grin

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 01:55:28 AM »

God is the God of mercy for he sent his son Jesus to die for us. If you believe that Jesus died for you, you WILL receive mercy from God; you will inherit an eternal life with him in heaven.

What you feel is not uncommon. King Solomon felt the same way:

Ecclesaites 4:1-3
Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun:

I saw the tears of the oppressed-
and they have no comforter;
power was on the side of their oppressors-
and they have no comforter.
And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.
But better than both
is he who has not yet been,
who has no seen the evil
that is done under the sun.

Ecclesaites 4:1-3

I have seen  people  do  horrible  things.  A  man hurt a  woman. A woman  hurt a  man.  False accusations  get made.  Good men and some women  get  wrongfully  convicted.  Innocent men go to jail.  Young  women  are  fed  feminist  propaganda  and discouraged  from  seeking  happiness  in  relationships  with  men.

Many many evil things happen. They always have in the past, present, and they will occur in the future. Satan roams the earth, always looking for someone to devour and causing chaos. He has been at this since the beginning of man.
False accusations - look at Joseph and how he was thrown into prison by his Master by staying away from his adulterous wife.
Good men and women being wrongfully convicted - Jesus, a SINLESS man, was sentenced to die on the cross for no crimes.

We should know that:
"if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed."
1 peter 3:14

You have to know that JESUS IS THE SOLUTION.
Jesus is our mediator to God
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

God is merciful
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

Those who have faith in Jesus become good men.
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
1 John 3:6

Those who have faith in Jesus become sons of God.
HOw great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
1 John 3:1

Those who have faith in Jesus will have eternal life (one that will be a lot better than this one...and last forever!)
God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11

Those who have faith in Jesus will still continue to suffer the evil of this world, BUT
REJOICE THAT YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST, SO THAT YOU MAY BE OVERJOYED WHEN HIS GLORY IS REVEALED.

You see, a time is coming when all these bad things you see will pass away; and we will be sons of God living with Him forever in a paradise beyond our comprehension. Our lives are short in comparison to eternity.

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives FOREVER.
1 John 2:17

I  pray  for  Divine  Intervention...and  my  Hope  wanes.  I still try to maintain  it.

My friend, praying that this world will become suffer free will not happen. You simply cannot have hope in this. I understand that you want to see and feel less of these sufferings, but this world will not become suffer free. It will have evil in it until Satan is finally destroyed by God. We wait for that time, but in the mean time, we are children of God serving God's will. God certainly hears all your prayers, but dont expect to see the world to be perfect and people (even christians too).
If you are not yet a Christian; this is what you should pray:

Dear God
I am a sinner, and I am sorry for those sins I have commited. I know that I cannot save myself from my own sins, and I need the blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse me. Jesus, I want you to live inside my heart, and guide me through the rest of my life. I now receive you as my personal savior.

In Jesus's name
Amen

This is what you will receive if you pray this and mean it with all your heart.

God...has blessed you in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose you in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will- to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment - to bring all thigns in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

In him we were also chosen, haveing been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. And you also were inluded in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of his glory.

ephesians 1:3-14

Whoa! My hands are tired!!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 01:58:00 AM by felix102 » Logged
FaithfulFollower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

Keep praying BlackmanX, God knows what is in your heart. Keep trying to help those less fortunate then you.  One day God shall deliver us from this world. A world with none of the problems from this one.  Grin

Indeed pray, for the days have grown very dark and man has indeed become more vengeful towards God. There is much within our world today that God needs part in, but unfortunately not too many of us out there truly remain nor pray. If only we would all look to him would we find the truth. Keep praying, as said before...we need it!

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

With God ALL Things ARE Possible!
grace

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

Beautifully written, BlackmanX.

The only way that I've found to go on is to allow myself to be so loved, that I'll risk loving too.

All that we suffer when we look on this world of sorrows, God suffers too, and yet He suffers it far more fully (with no defense mechanisms, with no holes barred) than we ever could, or would dare to.
Matthew 25:40 - Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
And yet, He looks upon this world of sorrows with such love as we cannot imagine or fathom. As Felix102 writes, Christ's is the only way. He is a God of Mercy. He is
Isaiah 53:3 - a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief
He is also the God of Joy.

Nehemiah 8:10 - ...for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Psalms 16:11 - Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalms 51:8 - Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psalms 105:43 - And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness
Psalms 126:5 - They that sow in tears shall reap in joy
Isaiah 12:3 - Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
Isaiah 35:10 - And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Isaiah 51:3 - For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Isaiah 55:12 - For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isaiah 65:17-19 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

...and that's just bits and pieces up to the end of Isaiah!

May the Joy of the Lord be with you to sustain you through the sorrow and care of this wounded world, in hope and strength for the coming of the New Creation.

In His sorrow, Love and Joy,

-Grace
InChrist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 09:52:53 PM »

I have felt that many times. Just looking at the world and about to give up on it. Totally disgusted with the whole planet. Not just the secular world but Christians as well. I think back to the exodus, when people were just saved by God, miracles everywhere. Only to turn around and build a golden calf at the very foot of the holy mountain. And when everyone was invited to come up on the mountain and talk with God, they refused saying that Moses should be their intercessor because they are to afraid. I just don't understand people sometimes.  Sad

Whew! Sorry. Back to my point.

Then God would show me in the middle of all this evil and sorrow, something very beautiful and righteous happening. Someone stopping to help someone they don't even know. Someone helping just for the sake of helping, no ulterior motive. Broken hearts being mended. Minds and bodies being healed.

There is still good in this world. Even if it is hard to find at times. Don't give up on the world just yet. God has plans.

May His peace go with you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the