Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JEHOVAH WITNESSES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JEHOVAH WITNESSES  (Read 28823 times)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 10:48:16 AM »

As usual brother BEP, your post is eloquent and thoughtful!  I would sit in your congregation any day! !  You have the gift of teaching and ministry. . . . God bless you Tom! You rock! Rock on Tom, Tom Tominator! Woof! woof! woof! woof! woof! (that's my best Arsenio Hall empression  Smiley )    Kiss

Blessings -

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 01:14:57 PM »

As usual brother BEP, your post is eloquent and thoughtful!  I would sit in your congregation any day! !  You have the gift of teaching and ministry. . . . God bless you Tom! You rock! Rock on Tom, Tom Tominator! Woof! woof! woof! woof! woof! (that's my best Arsenio Hall empression  Smiley )    Kiss

Blessings -
If I didn't know better, I would think Arsenio Hall was a puppy Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 03:26:27 PM »

Who let the dogs out!? Who? Who? Who? Who!? Who?!

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 06:00:28 PM »

author=blackeyedpeas link=board=22;threadid=9377;start=0#msg116343 date=1134479231]
Hello Ollie,

It's great to see you on the forum.

I'm positive that some of the indoctrination of new Jehovah's Witnesses DOES amount to brain-washing. The work (WORKS) ethic is part of this brain-washing. The thought that one must work very hard for their Salvation is almost natural. For whatever reason, the REALITY of God's Grace, God's Love, and God's GIFT as described in Ephesians 2:8-10 is harder to accept and believe.

Ephesians 2:8-10 NASB  For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

It is very sad that many people believe that Salvation is by their own work instead of the finished work on the Cross by JESUS CHRIST. Faith Alone in Christ Alone just seems to be too simple for Salvation, so many look within themselves and are easily convinced that Salvation can only be obtained by hard work and other attributes of themselves.

I wish there was a simple way to share the truth of JESUS and the Cross with a Jehovah's Witness. I've tried very hard many times, and I'm not aware of a single success. They don't understand that their teachings about JESUS are blasphemy and false. In fact, they don't have a clue that anything they've been taught is wrong and false.

I have no doubt at all that cults and false religions are the work of the devil. I was just thinking that cults and false religions are really more welcome these days than JESUS and the CROSS. Islam would be the biggest and worst example around the world and even in countries with a background in Christianity. The only thing that I know we can do is work harder and pray. The difference will be that we know our works don't save us. Our good works are simply from hearts of appreciation for what JESUS CHRIST did for us on the Cross.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 4:36-38 NASB  "Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. "For in this case the saying is true, 'One sows and another reaps.' "I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored and you have entered into their labor."

ollie
Most Christians do not have the work ethic they have about spreading what they think is truth.

Hi Tom,

My statement was not in reference to working to earn salvation, but just that the Jehovah's Witnesses work very hard to spread what they believe to be God's truth even though what prods them on may be to earn salvation points with God.

Many Christians do not seem to have that hard work ethic about proclaiming the word. It should be there not because of earning salvation, but out of love for one another and all men. We are loving when we share God's gift given through His love for the world, to the world.

ollie  

Support your local Christian.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 02:31:04 PM »

I think I understand what you're saying Ollie.  I think you're saying that christians are commanded to spread the word - we are His disciples and He told us to go out and tell everyone the good news of Jesus Christ ...  right? Huh and even though we are saved by grace, not by works, we can and should "work" to spread the word ... ?

I hope I got that right.

Blessings -

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 02:48:12 PM »

I think I understand what you're saying Ollie.  I think you're saying that christians are commanded to spread the word - we are His disciples and He told us to go out and tell everyone the good news of Jesus Christ ...  right? Huh and even though we are saved by grace, not by works, we can and should "work" to spread the word ... ?

I hope I got that right.

Blessings -
Yes Terri, you got it right. Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 12:31:24 AM »

Amen Brothers and Sisters!

YES, Ollie, I understood exactly what you meant.

As Christians, there are many things that can and will make our joy in JESUS more full. Every Christian who has ever yielded to the Will of God knows something about this joy. GOD did put it in the Holy Bible in detail, so it isn't a secret. It feels good and causes joy when we do the LORD'S work. It might not even be big things that God leads us to do, but yielding still results in joy that nothing in this world compares to.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 6:2-4 NASB  "So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.  "But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 07:01:31 PM »

I hope I got that right.

Blessings -
Yes that is right.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2005, 10:25:01 PM »

Agreed Ollie   Smiley
piusx

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 12:05:33 AM »

They like to be referred to as jehovah's witnesses.
I like the fact that they do not celebrate holidays or birthdays.
work is prayer.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 12:10:39 AM »

piusx, hello and welcome to Christian Unite forums.

I disagree, prayer is not work. Prayer is a joyful pleasure for me.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

They like to be referred to as jehovah's witnesses.
I like the fact that they do not celebrate holidays or birthdays.
work is prayer.

JW's, JEHOVAH WITNESSES or jehovah's witnesses, it is all the same ..... they are still a cult as they do not accept Jesus Christ.

Prayer is not work. It is full enjoyment to converse with our Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 09:46:58 PM »

JW's, JEHOVAH WITNESSES or jehovah's witnesses, it is all the same ..... they are still a cult as they do not accept Jesus Christ.

Prayer is not work. It is full enjoyment to converse with our Lord.

Right On PR!  (methinks piusx is probably a 'JW')
=^..^=

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 09:50:58 PM »

Right On PR!  (methinks piusx is probably a 'JW')
=^..^=

and methinks you are pretty sharp.  Wink  Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 10:02:07 PM »

and methinks you are pretty sharp.  Wink  Grin

As a tack, brother! As a tack!  Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the