Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What's Missing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's Missing?  (Read 557 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2004, 11:12:26 AM »

As a frequent poster here at CU, I just thought I'd put out a little thought at this time of the year for those of you who frequent us as guests.  As today is Christmas day, do you ever get the feeling that you've forgotten something?  Or that something is missing?  You've got the figgy pudding.  You've decked the halls, made the eggnog, and packed the tree with gifts for every loved one you know.  And yet, something just isn't right...

Maybe a little Bing Crosby and a White Christmas is all you need!  But, that doesn't seem to strike the right chord either...

Maybe you need to volunteer at a soup kitchen or give to a charity or ring a bell at a Salvation Army collection box!  But, that still doesn't seem to fill the missing part of the season...

Maybe you need to recheck your list!  Maybe you've forgotten someone important for whom to buy a gift!  You check, but, that's not the problem either.  You've bought every gift, and then some...

In a season where we are encouraged, for one time a year, to give rather than receive, may I suggest what could possibly be missing from your Christmas?  You see, what you may be missing is the perfect present!  But it's not one you give...it's one you receive.

You see, Christmas isn't the gift God gave man.  It was the promise He kept.  A long time ago, in a garden, God promised mankind that He would provide a Redeemer, Who would pay the price for every man, woman and child's sin.  A Redeemer that would make it possible for men to know God once again.  God went to alot of trouble to do this afterall.  You think your Christmas list was inspiring!  God took a man and made a nation of him.  God took a son and made king of him.  God took a virgin, Mary, and made His Son, Jesus, God very God clothed in flesh, perfect and sinless.  Jesus lived a perfect and obedient life, pleasing to God, and offered that life on the cross of Calvary for our sin.  You see, that is God's greatest gift.  That is the gift realized on Christmas morning.  God became man, to redeem man from his sin.

My friend, what's missing under your tree may be what's missing in your heart.  But here's the good news!  Just like any gift, this one is waiting to be received!  You don't have to be better to get it.  You don't have to be different to get it.  You can't buy it, earn it, deserve it, or steal it.  You can simply accept it.  How?  

AGREE[/i] with God.  He says that you and I are sinners...

As it is written, "None is righteous, no, not one"

...and...

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

You have to agree that God's got it right here.  It's not that hard to believe, is it?  I know I've done wrong.  And regardless of how little wrong I've done, I still "fall short of the glory of God."    That wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a price for this...

For the wages of sin is death...

You may think that that doesn't sound like the loving God you've heard so much about.  I'll just say this: if God didn't punish sin, He wouldn't be God.  But what did this loving God do instead?  He kept the punishment He demanded, and poured it out on His Son, Jesus.  The same Jesus Who chose to take this on Himself...for YOU[/b].  And because He did...

...but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Next...

ASK[/i] His forgiveness.  Tell Him He's right and you're wrong and ask Him to forgive you for your sins.  That simple.  And know that...

...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved...For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Then...

ACCEPT[/i] His free gift!  Believe, confess, and accept.  Agree, Ask, and Accept.

Do you find yourself knowing now that this is what's missing in your Christmas now?  Do you want to have this gift from God made especially for you?  Then pray this prayer:

"Dear Jesus, I know I'm a sinner.  I know I deserve to die for my sin.  I believe that you came, died, was buried and risen again on the third day.  I believe that you paid the price of my sins for me.  Forgive me for my sins.  I accept your gift of life.  Thank you Jesus!"

Now you know what was missing!  Now you know, not the reason for the season, but the reason for living.  

Merry Christmas!!

His,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the