Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:35:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286831 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What if God did this to you Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if God did this to you Part 2  (Read 661 times)
rodm

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2004, 10:20:43 PM »

Now let me share some thoughts/opinions:

1).How do you describe this LIFE? As a Christian it's hard to do. As I recall moments in my own life, I think of times of stillness, in the midst of activity or in the quiet of night. The presence of His Spirit was there, sometimes speaking other times He was silent, yet the undeniable presence of His Spirit was so real. You couldn't describe it too anyone else, sometimes he was so near, almost physical, at other times He was, just felt, deep in your heart.

I could at times think, and He would answer. Sometimes the answer was spoken, and at other times it was a still small voice in my heart.

Sometimes I would see a person, and while looking at them, I knew about them.

I recall the passion to tell others about him at any given moment, looking for such an occasion never caring where I was, or who was near by.

Constantly His Love moved over me in waves and yet it abode, never departing. I would wake up in the middle of the night and He was there, like a mother hen.

I remember the love for others that was not my own. I remember feeling, and being, separate from the world yet still in its midst.

I recall not worrying about the kind of car I drove, or the condition of my clothes, knowing that He was fully aware of all these things.

I recall being invited out for dinner with brothers, and thinking (silently between myself and God), "Lord I don't have any money, but I'm hungry" and then someone would say "hey rod I'll buy ok?" Do you have days like this?

Do you remember days like this from your past? I believe this is something no one can take from us. This is why WE MUST EXPERIENCE GOD! Experiencing God is more important than the scriptures! You see if you experience HIM then, Bible revelation can be added to you. But if you don't experience HIM first then Bible knowledge is just a compilation of facts, they are true, but they don't have any place of reference, without HIM.

2).Most of my life, at least as far back as I can remember I've had a desire and love for God/Jesus. As I've grown older, I've seen many things in "Christendom", I've seen communes (come and go in failure). I've seen myself and other brothers walk in their own ways (you might call it backsliding), I've been hurt by supposed brothers in Christ, I've seen TV preachers act cocky, and ridiculous, I've seen people chase tithes and money, I've seen people in big churches (faithful tithers) go without help while in need, I've seen people chase their own kingdom and building programs. I've seen people pretend to prophecy, knowing they were not HEARING from HIM, (and in failure, excuse themselves by saying they were practicing), I've seen names in lights (but not Jesus name). I've seen people destroyed by the sheparding movement. I've seen men of god after devoting their lives to "the ministry" destroyed after a single mistake, instead of forgiven. On and on I could go... So does any of the above remind you of the book of acts or the first group of believers?

This is why I believe we must have and will have change. God is not interested in a "body" with spot or wrinkle. As I searched different churches, communities, and internet sites, I've come across a hand full of people that have the essence/smell of life and others who are just religious (relating to God only in their learning and mind), yet I yearn for true brethren and their fellowship, realizing that only God can cause these people to be gathered together and revealed to one another, and have them be in accord with one mind. Jesus may give the gift of eternal life to some, that's His prerogative, but to say all people have the same "experience/fellowship/love relationship" with Jesus or each other is not correct. We see the difference in people (John, Peter, Paul) and we see the same differences thru-out time, we see times of revival (1900's, 1940's, 1970's) and in each of these times we see tare and wheat together. We see a time of purity and passion then a colder period, where men's hearts seem to grow cold, and God becomes a forgotten memory.

In contrast we never see this in churches, they are always attended by praying people, people arguing scriptures and doctrine, yet hardly ever displaying life as we see in the same revival periods. Yes I believe mercy, calls for a move of God again.

rodm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 10:21:17 PM »

3).One more reason, I believe we need change is because the gospel needs to be preached. We believe the gospel has been preached, from the generosity of America, but I think this is only true in very narrow windows of time (revival 1900's, 1940's, 1970's etc) and only by certain persons (who knew HIM). Then of course there is the occasional believer who is submitted to the (breathings) of the Spirit, this believer shares out of the reservoir of undeniable life (the fellowship between this believer and the Spirit). This bears fruit since it’s not just a message of words but is accompanied by this fellowship and life. The preaching of the gospel by religious folks just doesn't work! How could it, they are not ambassadors of the very Spirit, since they refuse to give up their life thru that act of ultimate (life giving) which is the "surrender of self". The first century church in the New Testament turned the word upside down in a short time NOT because of their words alone but because of the LIFE residing IN them. This was a spirit thing...NOT a mental thing, it wasn't an agreement with certain doctrines or creeds, it wasn't from arguing the scriptures, it wasn't from forming a new church or denomination, they had and were living LIFE like Jesus 24/7 every moment of each day, a life of submission, pleasing the father, a life defined by others as "seeing they had been with Jesus". Being in his presence and service, is the key, Paul called this being a love slave, a life like Paul's multiplied thousands of times over will "again" cause the world to SEE and HEAR the TRUE gospel.

4). In the 1860's 1900's 1940's 1960's we saw the beginning of several moves of God upon people who were desperate to know HIM. They found the one they were seeking for.

Then shortly after in each time period, (even in the new testament) we see charlatans, hirelings move in among the sheep of God, these men who really don't know the master teach doctrines not from revelation via an intimate relationship. But from the minds of others who were also like themselves, who teach only from the tree of knowledge: From the mind of one man to the mind of another, thereby polluting the little sheep and convincing others, because the so-called doctrines of men are believed by the masses also.

This is such a subtle thing that it can inhibit your walk, because you’re not discipled but instead taught by men who have never had an intimate walk with God. So as believers we must know Him and find revelation that agrees with the scriptures, and or that changes our understanding of the scriptures.

5). I often wonder how these spiritual things work...It's hard to find answers sometimes since we are mortal. And often IF you are like me, its hard to keep on believing that God can find a good reason to go on loving me...

But as I look back...I see of course some differences, the late 60's thru the mid 70's were a move of god, especially for the young...We always see (under an anointing) god doing unusual graceful things in the lives of people...Then it tapers off...Probably so as not too be common and taken for granted by us.

So where does an experience in God begin? I have to believe (and remember I'm limited by my mortality and limited knowledge so I could be wrong), it starts with God putting a hunger in your heart....Now if that hunger exists, and it sounds as though it does, for you sound like a seeker...then

I would approach God in a simple fashion, (for me it was doing the only thing I knew to do, I went to the Library to research books about religion and god). then shortly after I prayed with Gary (see testimony) I just knew in my heart that god wanted my whole life, every thought belonged to him, SO I just started with my thoughts, if I had a thought that came into my mind and it said "give that person a bible" or "tell that person that you are a Christian and that you will be praying for them" then I would obey....

One day I told a Christian brother about this (thought stuff) and how I judged my thoughts by the little knowledge I had of the bible, and if my thoughts were agreeable (good things vs. evil) then I would obey... This brother told me too keep on obeying those thoughts as long as they agreed with scripture, and as I did then the thoughts would go from just thoughts, too the voice of the Lord, (my sheep know my voice) (sheep follow-they are surrendered to their master), well just as this brother said, it did indeed happen that way for me...So seek HIM and if you can do today, what I can't seem to do (surrender with all your heart)...I'm sure you will meet HIM, maybe in a different experience, but never the less I'm sure His goal will be the same...To possess your whole heart.

6). A Christian historian tells a true story about a peasant in the 1600's living under the rule of the catholic church. The peasant is working the field an a cardinal and his procession go by, as they approach the cardinal speaks to the peasant, about a new edict from Rome. The cardinal quotes a verse of scripture, the peasant replies that the cardinal quoted the verse incorrectly. The cardinal says to the peasant "How would you know, being you are unlearned and illiterate ?" The peasant replies: "because the spirit IN ME said you quoted it wrong"!

How true this is, if we only have the book and don't hear that still small voice on the inside, from the throne of our heart the center of HIS kingdom! Then I fear we miss the most important piece of intimacy, yet HIS Word and HIS scriptures work together, one a current guide for us THE NOW and the other, which can still speak but was spoken to another hundreds of years ago, serves as a foundation. But We live by breath, and the words that proceed from the mouth of God, "My sheep know my voice" "for those who are sons of God are led of the spirit of God".
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 08:06:27 AM »

I really enjoyed reading your posts rodm, a life that has truly  EXPERIENCED GOD can never be the same!  I came across these notes this morning, from another of Gods prodicals, thought I`d share:

Some Good Things to Remember:

Some simple realizations have helped me immensely, as I struggle to cope with my human frailty, and my often imperfections, and my very average and ordinary spiritual life.

• First, I am kept by grace, not grit.
• Second, God's strength is made perfect in weakness, not
might.
• Third, greater men and women than I have had the same
struggles. There really are very few heros of the faith. Most of
us are just common folk. God loves common folk. He must. He made
so many of us.
• Fourth, even when I hold to His hand more lightly than I
should, He does not let go of mine.
• Fifth, I am a very broken vessel, but God loves broken
people, and loves to bless them.
• Sixth, and perhaps most important of all, He is way more
interested in me than I am in Him. Good thing.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/j/JustThinking/

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 07:35:57 AM »

Rod, these posts have truly been fantastic. They really agreed with what I feel in my heart. You've given us a great practical example of walking in the Spirit. You said you were not able to live a surrendered life nowadays ( or did I misread the text?)... why do you think thats the case? Knowing what you know and having the experience you've had?

Thankyou so much for those posts.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
rodm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 10:47:28 PM »

the scriptures speak of dying in the same way christ did, obviously it can't mean we should all be crucified, yet death to self is spoken of often by the new testiment believers.

To die to self is the very thing every man runs from, he will go to church, memorize the bible, tithe, fast for forty days, visit the elderly....yet this same person will refuse to except death to the self life.

So why not now? For me? I've wondered/pondered this a lot, is it selfishness, is it fear, is it because there is no present move of God? I think it is a little of each. I hope the bride will see a revival, yet I think laodecia will see persecution.

Also I was a young person, with a tremendous hunger, and willingness, (both given by God?) and God was gracious to me. It fit the time and the move of God...I hope it happens to others and to me again. Bless you
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the