Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 08:50:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286844 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A GOOD STORY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A GOOD STORY  (Read 1465 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2003, 10:06:08 AM »

A GOOD STORY

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman, in his 80's, arrived to have sutures (stitches) removed from his thumb.

He stated that he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am. I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him.

I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry .  

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for awhile and that she was a victim of Alzheimer Disease.

As we talked, and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him. "And you still going every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?

" He smiled as he patted my hand  and said.. "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought, "That is the kind of love I want in my life."

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 10:15:21 AM »

Here is another Good Story:

7 wonders of the world

A group of students was asked to list what they thought were the present Seven Wonders of the World. Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one quiet student hadn't turned in her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list.

The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind
because there were so many." The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help."

The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the Seven Wonders of the World are:

1. to see
2. to hear
3. to touch
4. to taste
5. to feel
6. to laugh
7. and to love."

The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple, ordinary & take for granted are truly wondrous!

A gentle reminder that the most precious things in life cannot be bought.

HAVE A GRRRRREAT DAY!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
IrishAngel
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 04:50:17 PM »

"True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be."

Beautiful!
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 06:16:44 AM »

A GOOD STORY

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman, in his 80's, arrived to have sutures (stitches) removed from his thumb.

He stated that he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am. I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him.

I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry .  

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for awhile and that she was a victim of Alzheimer Disease.

As we talked, and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him. "And you still going every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?

" He smiled as he patted my hand  and said.. "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought, "That is the kind of love I want in my life."

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

Really Good Story Brother

AMEN!

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 11:19:58 PM »

I don't where you get all these great stories, but they are greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.
And thank you. Sometimes they are just what I need.

Bless you brother.  Roy.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 05:07:08 AM »

I don't where you get all these great stories, but they are greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.
And thank you. Sometimes they are just what I need.

Bless you brother.  Roy.

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 04:33:12 PM »

"In your prayers, beware, above everything else, of limiting God.

Not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what HE can do.

Expect unexpected things 'above all that we can ask or think.' "

By Andrew Murray

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 05:17:48 AM »

"In your prayers, beware, above everything else, of limiting God.

Not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what HE can do.

Expect unexpected things 'above all that we can ask or think.' "

By Andrew Murray

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 04:57:18 AM »

Who's Yer Daddy?

A seminary professor was vacationing with his wife in Gatlinburg, TN.   One morning, they were eating breakfast at little restaurant, hoping to enjoy a quiet, family meal. While they were waiting for their food, they noticed a distinguished looking, white-haired man moving from table to table, visiting with the guests. The professor leaned over and whispered to   his wife, "I hope he doesn't come over here." But sure enough, the man did come over to their able. "Where are you folks from?" he asked in a friendly  voice.

"Oklahoma," they answered.

"Great to have you here in Tennessee," the stranger said. "What do you  do for a living?"

"I teach at a seminary," he replied.

"Oh, so you teach preachers how to preach, do you? ! Well, I've got a really great story for you." And with that, the gentleman pulled up a chair   and sat down at the table with the couple. The professor groaned and thought   to himself, "Great... Just what I need... another preacher story!"

The man started, "See that mountain over there? (pointing out the restaurant window). Not far from the base of that mountain, there was a boy  born to an unwed mother. He had a hard time growing up, because every place  he went, he was always asked the same question, 'Hey boy, Who's your daddy?'

Whether he was at school, in the grocery store or drug store, people would ask the same question, 'Who's your daddy?' He would hide at recess and lunchtime from other students. He would avoid going in to stores because that question hurt him so bad.

When he was about 12 years old, a new preacher came to his church.

He  would always go in late and slip out early to avoid hearing the question, 'Who's your daddy?' But one day, the new preacher said the benediction so fast he got caught and had to walk out with the crowd.

Just about the time he got to the Back door, the new preacher, not knowing anything about him, put his hand on his shoulder and asked him, Son,  who's your daddy? The whole church got deathly quiet. He could feel every eye in the church looking at him. Now everyone would finally know the answer  to the question, 'Who's your daddy.'

This new preacher, though, sensed the situation around him & using discernment that only the Holy Spirit could give, said the following to that  scared little boy..." Wait a minute!' he said. 'I know who you are. I see the family resemblance now. You are a child of God.'

With that he patted the boy on his shoulder and said, Boy, you've got   a great inheritance. Go and claim it. With that, the boy smiled for the first time in a long time and walked out the door a changed person. He was never the same again. Whenever anybody asked him, 'Who's your Daddy?' he'd just tell them, 'I'm a Child of God.'"

The distinguished gentleman got up from the table and said, "Isn't that a great story?" The professor responded that it really was a great story! As the man turned to leave, he said, "You know, if that new preacher  hadn't told me that I was one of God's children, I probably never would have  amounted to anything!" And he walked away.

The seminary professor and his wife were stunned. He called the waitress over & asked her,"Do you know who that man was who just left that  was sitting at our table?"

The waitress grinned and said, "Of course. Everybody here knows him.

That's Ben Hooper. He's the former governor of Tennessee!"

Someone in your life today needs a reminder that they're one of God's  children!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 10:00:51 PM »

Awesome stories, each and every one of them Wink

You can throw "facts" to people, but "wisdom" can be found in the experiences told in stories, I love telling stories, and I've told many that have led to teary eyes. If people won't listen to the Gospel, i'll tell them a "parable" story, I'll make the point and then give a quick short reference to the Gospel.

"where the rubber meets the road" as J. Vernon McGee used to say.

Knowledge can come easy to some but wisdom comes from time. A "smart" man learns from his mistakes, a "wise" man learns from others mistakes. I asked God for wisdom when I learned about the gifts of the Spirit. I truely believe in my heart that I received several gifts in return. I believe I have the gift of discernment, I believe I have a gift for preaching the gospel (to those I was pre-destined to preach to anyways), I believe I was given knowledge, understanding prophecy, teaching (to those I was pre-destined to teach), the gift of faith, for I was "called" to faith, I didn't find God, He came to me and made Himself real to me. I tried to run, but He ran me down, grabbed hold of me, hugged me and promised never to let go. I had no idea that I was going to become a Bible FANattic and preach the Gospel, nor had I any desire to do either until the day he made Himself real to me.
   He grabbed me, gave me a gentle shake, and opened my eyes to the truth. This is a figurative story but thats how it happened. I don't know about the rest of you out there, but I don't think God's holding out on giving more than one gift, He said,ask and you shall receive...So ask! Careful what you ask for, you just might get it Wink

Paul2

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 02:00:34 PM »

You can throw "facts" to people, but "wisdom" can be found in the experiences told in stories, I love telling stories, and I've told many that have led to teary eyes. If people won't listen to the Gospel, i'll tell them a "parable" story, I'll make the point and then give a quick short reference to the Gospel.

Knowledge can come easy to some but wisdom comes from time. A "smart" man learns from his mistakes, a "wise" man learns from others mistakes. I asked God for wisdom when I learned about the gifts of the Spirit. I truely believe in my heart that I received several gifts in return. I believe I have the gift of discernment, I believe I have a gift for preaching the gospel (to those I was pre-destined to preach to anyways), I believe I was given knowledge, understanding prophecy, teaching (to those I was pre-destined to teach), the gift of faith, for I was "called" to faith, I didn't find God, He came to me and made Himself real to me. I tried to run, but He ran me down, grabbed hold of me, hugged me and promised never to let go. I had no idea that I was going to become a Bible FANattic and preach the Gospel, nor had I any desire to do either until the day he made Himself real to me.
   He grabbed me, gave me a gentle shake, and opened my eyes to the truth. This is a figurative story but thats how it happened. I don't know about the rest of you out there, but I don't think God's holding out on giving more than one gift, He said,ask and you shall receive...So ask! Careful what you ask for, you just might get it Wink

Paul2

Thanks Brother Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2003, 04:41:57 AM »

Paul2

Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2003, 08:22:27 AM »

Who's Yer Daddy?

A seminary professor was vacationing with his wife in Gatlinburg, TN.   One morning, they were eating breakfast at little restaurant, hoping to enjoy a quiet, family meal. While they were waiting for their food, they noticed a distinguished looking, white-haired man moving from table to table, visiting with the guests. The professor leaned over and whispered to   his wife, "I hope he doesn't come over here." But sure enough, the man did come over to their able. "Where are you folks from?" he asked in a friendly  voice.

"Oklahoma," they answered.

"Great to have you here in Tennessee," the stranger said. "What do you  do for a living?"

"I teach at a seminary," he replied.

"Oh, so you teach preachers how to preach, do you? ! Well, I've got a really great story for you." And with that, the gentleman pulled up a chair   and sat down at the table with the couple. The professor groaned and thought   to himself, "Great... Just what I need... another preacher story!"

The man started, "See that mountain over there? (pointing out the restaurant window). Not far from the base of that mountain, there was a boy  born to an unwed mother. He had a hard time growing up, because every place  he went, he was always asked the same question, 'Hey boy, Who's your daddy?'

Whether he was at school, in the grocery store or drug store, people would ask the same question, 'Who's your daddy?' He would hide at recess and lunchtime from other students. He would avoid going in to stores because that question hurt him so bad.

When he was about 12 years old, a new preacher came to his church.

He  would always go in late and slip out early to avoid hearing the question, 'Who's your daddy?' But one day, the new preacher said the benediction so fast he got caught and had to walk out with the crowd.

Just about the time he got to the Back door, the new preacher, not knowing anything about him, put his hand on his shoulder and asked him, Son,  who's your daddy? The whole church got deathly quiet. He could feel every eye in the church looking at him. Now everyone would finally know the answer  to the question, 'Who's your daddy.'

This new preacher, though, sensed the situation around him & using discernment that only the Holy Spirit could give, said the following to that  scared little boy..." Wait a minute!' he said. 'I know who you are. I see the family resemblance now. You are a child of God.'

With that he patted the boy on his shoulder and said, Boy, you've got   a great inheritance. Go and claim it. With that, the boy smiled for the first time in a long time and walked out the door a changed person. He was never the same again. Whenever anybody asked him, 'Who's your Daddy?' he'd just tell them, 'I'm a Child of God.'"

The distinguished gentleman got up from the table and said, "Isn't that a great story?" The professor responded that it really was a great story! As the man turned to leave, he said, "You know, if that new preacher  hadn't told me that I was one of God's children, I probably never would have  amounted to anything!" And he walked away.

The seminary professor and his wife were stunned. He called the waitress over & asked her,"Do you know who that man was who just left that  was sitting at our table?"

The waitress grinned and said, "Of course. Everybody here knows him.

That's Ben Hooper. He's the former governor of Tennessee!"

Someone in your life today needs a reminder that they're one of God's  children!

Brother Love Smiley

Who's Yer Daddy?  Grin

AAAAAAAMEN Bro, good message

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the