Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Gospel Rap Comforming To The World?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Gospel Rap Comforming To The World?  (Read 6670 times)
Lynaz24

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005, 10:41:18 PM »

If Gospel Rap is not your thing then that's cool, but because we as Christians cannot relate to something does not make it out of the will of God. To say that something sound's too much like the world is kind of crazy. In that aspect there can be no Christian love songs, Jazz, Rock, Spoken Word because it sounds too much like the world. All these are forms of music where there is Christian Representation.

We can't pick and choose how we would like to God to move. God moves through Music as well as the spoken word. The bible does not say what type of music is acceptable, so let's not add anything. Grin.

Let's encourage those out there who are upholding God's standard in the various genres, not break them down.
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2005, 10:50:49 PM »

DAT's MY BOY!!

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
tsu05

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2005, 12:07:31 PM »

its a ministry tool it reaches out to youth who listen to that style of music. you think we as teens like twila paris or steven curtis chapman   of course not. Cool
This kid knows whats up.   LeCrae awesome rap group check it out.  Though i like steven curtis chapman, i think that the youth like this more.  Now here's a follow up question what about people like Switchfoot and Stacie Orrico who expanded their audiences to nonchristians by having sequilar recording places with their christian ones.  I dont think thats its a problem your just outreaching.  Its still Christian if i doesnt say God or Jesus in the song.  Like Switchfoot "meant to live"

I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2005, 01:30:41 PM »

This is good stuff. Whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it with all your heart as to the Lord. But always be mindful of your audience and their needs. When my folks come to visit I do not play my style of music but theirs. I have a relative that does not follow this rule but plays what they like when the older folks visit. I know this irritates them. This is not good, we need to consider the weaknessses of others. I personally find value in all genres of christian music. I even tolerate some secular music. But I really want to please my Lord in all things.
God bless,

asaph

Joshua

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2005, 05:43:57 PM »

I just want to phrase it this way. Is it conforming or just another tool to bring people in for Christ? God said to go into all nations that includes the nation of the rap listeners.  So listen to it if your heart desires listen to it if God says you can handle it.

Mark 9:25 Wether this man is a sinner I do not know, but one thind I DO know is I was blind but now I SEE.
Joshua

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2005, 01:13:53 AM »

I agree when people see what we have they will desire it. But it is like you never read my question. Is it conforming, in other words is it making you like them, or is it drawing them to you as a follower and reflection of God?

Mark 9:25 Wether this man is a sinner I do not know, but one thind I DO know is I was blind but now I SEE.
tsu05

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2005, 03:16:34 AM »

I agree when people see what we have they will desire it. But it is like you never read my question. Is it conforming, in other words is it making you like them, or is it drawing them to you as a follower and reflection of God?

Why cant it be both?  Its possible to like and grow close.....heres a simple answer for everyone.  NO its not conforming if thats considered comforming then you can throw every piece of christian music(except worship songs/bands) out there because they are conforming just as much...why single out rap when you got CCM, GSPL, Chrisitian Rock, and others doing the exact same thing.  Im pretty sure none of these bands are conforming because their lyrics are as clean as can be and dont influence anything negative in them.  So explain to me, Mrs. Chosen how in the world is this conforming?

A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT HAVE TO BE LIKE A RAPPER IN ORDER TO REACH THE RAPPER.

What are you talking about?   yeah im pretty sure you have to be a rapper to reach the rappers otherwise its pretty hard.  If your talking about that you dont have to be like Nelly or Jay-Z then okay i agree.  But I dont know of a single Christian rapper who is like any of those.

Joshua

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2005, 11:34:07 AM »

Why cant it be both? tsu05 as Christian we are called to stand apart. To do otherwise is a sin and nothing else. I hate being all fire and brimstone, but the truth is if you conform you are doing nothing other than that. To conform means to give away a peice of yourself in Christ.

Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »

So explain to me, Mrs. Chosen how in the world is this conforming?

you may not understand what position i have taken on this topic, so just read my post from an eairlier time.

Here is the point, to say that a Christian Gospel Rapper is becoming like the world is just false. Now there are some out there they say they are christian rappers yet they only want to be seen them selves and barely say the name Jesus. But they are not who I am referring to. there are false teachers in every ministry. But there are alot of people who will dislike and shunn Gospel Rap because they see what the world rap is doing and refuse to believe that GOD can take something bad and turn it into something good. But lets look at our selves and what He has done with us!
God is using Gospel rap to reach a generation of people that won't come to church and won't listen to Preachers and can't stand old hyms.  Just like God took a CHRISTIAN KILLER and turned him into a Prophet, GOD has taken Gospel Rap to draw people unto Him. we as Gospel Rap Artist do not go into the world to be accepted, we go in Jesus name expecting to be rejected, and just let GOD do HIS thing through us and draw whom He wills.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
lisajames96

I'm a llama!...ok???

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2005, 07:20:17 PM »

Well said sis  Smiley...
lisajames96

1 Peter 1:6-9
tsu05

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2005, 06:02:14 PM »

Why cant it be both? tsu05 as Christian we are called to stand apart. To do otherwise is a sin and nothing else. I hate being all fire and brimstone, but the truth is if you conform you are doing nothing other than that. To conform means to give away a peice of yourself in Christ.

Obvisously you wrote this post without really who your dealing with.  But ill spare you right now.  How can you tell me what to do when you dont know me or know what kind of person I am.  Stand apart?  Define that for me.  It differs from person to person.  Just b/c they dont say jesus in their lyrics doesnt mean you have any right to critize them or that they arent being very Christian.  Relient K they dont have those words in their lyrics but me and hundreds of others dont think any less of them.  Steven Curtis Chapman, Switchfoot, dc talk, and Five Iron Frenzy.  All reach out to both sides, Christian and nonchristian and dont have Jesus spelled out in their lyrics or any reference at all.  Does that make it wrong?  Of course not.  They are doing this as a witness tool.  Its a way to reach out to nonbelievers so yes they can do both.  They arent conforming.  They may not seem like they are different but look at their actions not their lyrics

friendship bunch

hot sync

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2005, 09:11:04 PM »

the people who are not christians are not going to want to become christians if they think that they have to listen to sunday morning worship all the time.  i mean i have been achristian since i was five and i don't like beening confined to sunday morning worship all the time.  after you listen to the song enough you tend to catch on to what it is saying so eventually you will know it is christian one way or anther.  but that is just what i think.
new user,
ashlee

my first love will always be my Lord.
tsu05

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2005, 12:26:05 AM »

thank you....and welcome, hope you enjoy the convos here.

Joshua

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2005, 02:47:34 AM »

Ashlee, I love to listen to the music that was made for God. That is something I could not live without it keeps me sane. It also grounds me to God. I think that if Christian rap is what you need to lift God up then by all means listen, but the moment your music makes a brother or sister trip up in their walk you had best stop. As with me my radios only play Christian or nothing.
Funny story the secular CD's that go in to my radio never play for some reason. I just think thats funny. But I know that some perfer not to listen to hymns I am one of them. But at the same time you cannot hurt someones walk to further yours. The bible speaks of this and it says that non who follow Christ will cause another in Christ to sumble. I am trying to find the verse, when I do I will put it on here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the