Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:50:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sadam
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sadam  (Read 3510 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2004, 01:03:51 PM »

What about hardened hearts?

Hmmmm..... Never mind.

So we put the Hitler's and the Hussein's and Manson's and Dhamer's in a prison?

What happens if the prisons get filled?

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2004, 01:51:35 PM »

God's Word is very clear, that whoever sheds innocent blood, his blood is to be shed. For there is no peace without justice.

Saddam should have a public televised trial, by a jury of his peers. And once a verdict (guilty?) is given, he should be publically executed with a sword. For those who live by the sword should die by the sword.

The death penalty is not vengeance, it's justice, and a deterrent to those who commit such heinous crimes as Saddam has done.

The blood of thousands are crying from the ground.

Psalm 119
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2004, 04:10:18 PM »

Surely its up to the people he most hurt - the people of Iraq - to decide how to try him.  The role of the west is to assist them in ensuring it is fair and just, and is seen to be such.

Saddam should have a public televised trial, by a jury of his peers. And once a verdict (guilty?) is given, he should be publically executed with a sword. For those who live by the sword should die by the sword.
's not a trial if you've already decided the verdict and sentence.  It seems inconceivable that anything other than guilty is appropriate, but if there is no possibility of anything else then its not a fair trial.

And how is justice served by televising it.  That only serves to make a fair trial harder.   It should be recorded, so that it can be proved to be fair if that is ever disputed, but televising it is nothing more than voyerism.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2004, 06:05:20 PM »

televising it is nothing more than voyerism

ooooooohhh......     Embarrassed     Lips Sealed
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2004, 07:01:41 PM »

Surely its up to the people he most hurt - the people of Iraq - to decide how to try him.  The role of the west is to assist them in ensuring it is fair and just, and is seen to be such.

's not a trial if you've already decided the verdict and sentence.  It seems inconceivable that anything other than guilty is appropriate, but if there is no possibility of anything else then its not a fair trial.

And how is justice served by televising it.  That only serves to make a fair trial harder.   It should be recorded, so that it can be proved to be fair if that is ever disputed, but televising it is nothing more than voyerism.

Voyerism usually denotes a form of sexual perversion. How would televising Saddam's execution fall into that category?

When Saddam's son's bodies were displayed for the world to see, it provided closure for some of their victims. (Those women who were raped,  became pregnant, then had their babies murdered before their eyes.) The people of Iraq deserve to have a visual picture, so they can sleep better.

AS far as a trial goes.... he should have a jury of his peers (Iraqi's). The Iraqi's should be the ones who execute the sentence out.

Psalm 119
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2004, 04:26:59 AM »

Voyerism usually denotes a form of sexual perversion. How would televising Saddam's execution fall into that category?
You're taking my words a bit more literally than I intended.
Watching someone else's humiliation, however well deserved, for entertainment is out of order, IMO.

When Saddam's son's bodies were displayed for the world to see, it provided closure for some of their victims. (Those women who were raped,  became pregnant, then had their babies murdered before their eyes.) The people of Iraq deserve to have a visual picture, so they can sleep better.
The people of Iraq, perhaps (though I think they would be better served by seeing the outcome - the body if that's what it is, or his incarceration, than the trial).  The western world doesn't have that excuse.

AS far as a trial goes.... he should have a jury of his peers (Iraqi's). The Iraqi's should be the ones who execute the sentence out.
Absolutely, but televising it will make it just about impossible to have a fair trial, as high profile televised trials in other countries that allow such things have shown.  It will be a long trial (there will be masses of evidence to go through), it's inevitable then, that you will have to replace some of the jury along the way, it will be impossible to find anyone impartial if you televise it as it happens ('s going to be close to impossible anyway).   Once its all over, you can show some highlights to the iraqi people if you want.

I Brake for Jesus

My God Can Beat Your God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2004, 08:33:44 PM »

Who are you going to listen to? Paul,  or Jesus?  Cry

"Because he loves me," says the LORD , "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
Psalm 91:14-15
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2004, 08:02:24 AM »

Yes, it is up to the people of Iraq. However, we do have the right to discuss the options.... Wink

The Bible explicitly warns us about anger, about it's foothold to the devil.

Who said anything about anger?  Huh

I say confine him, lock him up, but for God's sake, that's not our place to kill him!

Brings to mind wild animals... Is it better to lock up an animal that is rabid? Is it better to lock up the dog that attacks children? The cougar that attacks innocent animals? Just keep them locked up for the rest of their life... Snarling and jumping at the walls, being in misery and pain, foaming at the mouth, but let's not harm the animal....  Roll Eyes

I Brake for Jesus

My God Can Beat Your God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2004, 02:23:58 PM »

that's not a fair comparison. human life is worth more than animal life.

when i questioned the whole hardened hearts thing... my answer was the foothold verse. you want to kill sadam because you are outraged over the things he has done. and you shoud make decisions dispassionately.

"Because he loves me," says the LORD , "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
Psalm 91:14-15
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2004, 07:37:47 AM »

you want to kill sadam because you are outraged over the things he has done.

"You" being who?           ('whom' didn't flow Wink)

and you shoud make decisions dispassionately.

And intelligently....

Do you pray for Satan's salvation?  Roll Eyes

Again I ask:

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2004, 12:54:04 PM »

I Brake For Jesus,

The Bible is the guide book on punishment for crime. The reason God gave certain mandates is for the victims. God is a merciful God, but He is also just.

I would encourage you to read Deuteronomy 21 :1-9 The law of an unsolved murder.

The Bible is also clear about pre-meditated murder, and manslaughter (accidental).

If I were to err, I would err on the side of the victims, not the perpetrators.

Psalm 119

Question? Can you find anywhere in the Bible where one of God's servants did not execute justice, but rather led the murderer in a "sinners prayer"
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2004, 12:56:13 AM »

you want to kill sadam because you are outraged over the things he has done.

"You" being who?           ('whom' didn't flow Wink)

and you shoud make decisions dispassionately.

And intelligently....

Do you pray for Satan's salvation?  Roll Eyes

Again I ask:

The prisons are filled, but not with the likes of him.  The people who fill the prisons are the people who have comitted small crimes - would you kill all of those?

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2004, 06:39:34 AM »

The prisons are filled, but not with the likes of him.

Yes, the prisons ARE filled! And more are being built regularly...

The people who fill the prisons are the people who have comitted small crimes - would you kill all of those?

No, why don't YOU answer this time?  Wink What should be done with Saddam - hypothetically, of course. Should he be put in the prison systems with others who have committed less heinous crimes? Those who will serve their sentence and jump back into society? Or should he (hypothetically) be housed on Death Row and be given all the freebies that come with a lifetime sentence?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the