Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  OK! What's Your Opinion.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK! What's Your Opinion.  (Read 2197 times)
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2005, 01:36:31 PM »

[ :)All us go to church and it is made up of all kinds of people....they make the world go round.  A while back we had a pastor who was young and he thought it proper to install women deacons at our church.  Now there is no bibical basis for this action....so the saying goes,  if it ain't in the bible throw it out.  Now these women are all older members who should have known better than to even go there. but they did.  It was told to me that the pastor who installed them told them that they can not be deacons anywhere else other than at our church. (smile) duh!!!!  So the power hungry,  silly woman took the job thus losing the respect of most of the members.  Now we have a new pastor and he is spirit filled and believes in doing things the right way and in order, bibically based etc,  etc, etc.  They are ( these woman deacons) are trying to buck the new pastor, by being defient, won't show up to support church programs, don't attend bible study......just out and out mean spiteful and ugly.  mainly because he has started the deaconess board back up.  My question is what do you think should happen in this case, or even what do you think the end result will be? Kiss  I'll be interested in your comments.  I think eventually the holy ghost will come in and clean house.  Because the devil has been raging for too long here....oh yes the devil is in the church.....running to and fro.   Cool  His time to run is almost over and he knows it, glory to God.  
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:49:06 PM »

[ :)All us go to church and it is made up of all kinds of people....they make the world go round.  A while back we had a pastor who was young and he thought it proper to install women deacons at our church.  Now there is no bibical basis for this action....so the saying goes,  if it ain't in the bible throw it out.  Now these women are all older members who should have known better than to even go there. but they did.  It was told to me that the pastor who installed them told them that they can not be deacons anywhere else other than at our church. (smile) duh!!!!  So the power hungry,  silly woman took the job thus losing the respect of most of the members.  Now we have a new pastor and he is spirit filled and believes in doing things the right way and in order, bibically based etc,  etc, etc.  They are ( these woman deacons) are trying to buck the new pastor, by being defient, won't show up to support church programs, don't attend bible study......just out and out mean spiteful and ugly.  mainly because he has started the deaconess board back up.  My question is what do you think should happen in this case, or even what do you think the end result will be? Kiss  I'll be interested in your comments.  I think eventually the holy ghost will come in and clean house.  Because the devil has been raging for too long here....oh yes the devil is in the church.....running to and fro.   Cool  His time to run is almost over and he knows it, glory to God.  
I would think the new pastor, needs to do a sermon. There are several threads here, about women and the Church.

Are women allow to speak, in Church. <--- link
Roles of women in the Church <--- link

This should be a good start for you, Sabrina.

Resting with, the Lord, as my shepard.
Bob

Daniel 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 04:51:56 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 02:13:25 PM »

The first recorded use of women in leadership was in the Early Church. Back in those days, they would get baptized in the nude. But, only men could minister, and therefore, only those men had the full authority to Baptist. But, for modesty sake, men and women where still Baptist apart from one another, and the Priest, Pastor, Elder, Bishop, Deacon, Reverend, Parishioner, or whatever name you want to give the Earthly Sheppard of Gods people, was blind folded. Therefore, the officer of a Female Deacon was put in place to be his eye, and to place his hands, during such event. From that office came the office of the nun.

No, a female Deacon is not a biblical thing, but sometimes it is a logical thing. God didn’t want so to read the bible, and ignore the good head he personally placed on our shoulders. When logic does not go against the bible, no reason to atleast entertain some of the logical ideas, right? Of course, I’m not Sola Scriptoria, as I’m sure your church is. While I do not believe a woman should be the head of a church, I think it is perfectly legitimate in Gods eyes to have a female deacon running Sunday school classes or Woman’s groups. Women came do good things, too. The location of the reproductive organs does not have an effect on the Spirit (if it does, I can’t find it in the bible).

Now, what you are talking about, with the rebellious women, is the reason (I believe) why the Bible is so restriction on women. Even the Pagans hold women responsible for an Eva-like situation. Woman can be rebellious. HUMANS can be rebellious. Leadership needs varying opinions to counsel them, so they can get a bigger picture before making a choice that will effect the flock, but open rebellion is a different story. There is nothing wrong with them disagreeing with the Pastor, but if these women are causes strife and harming the relationship between Parish and Pastor, then they need to taken out of leadership... of course, depending on how strong the women are, that could be easier said then done... or even cause a bloody church split!

Well, thats my 5 cents, hope it is of use. Smiley

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 07:02:23 PM »

Seems like deacon's of the world to me still carrying the baggage of the old man sin rather than having become a new creature in Christ.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 08:22:03 AM »

I still don't see any proof in the bible that woman should be deacons in the church and I feel there is a reason for that....don't you!
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 05:14:31 PM »

Just for entertainments sake, let's read Romans 16:1 in the Greek.

sunistao humin Phoibe hemon adelphe on diakonos ekklesia ho en Kegchreai.

which is translated as

I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

Then let's read 1 Tim 3:10.

de dokimazo houtos kai proton dokimazo eita diakoneo on anegkletos.

which is:

And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being [found] blameless.

Isn't it interesting that the translators, when dealing with Pheobe used the word servant in place of diakonos, and when dealing with Timothy used the word deacon.

Hmmmm.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 08:27:20 AM »

I find that returning to early translations, i.e. greek or hebrew you find that some signifigant meaning is lost in our culture friendly translations. I love my NIV but often look to Youngs literal translation for clairification.

The answers are all there if we are willing to look and SEE them.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 10:12:57 AM by Rookieupgrade1 » Logged

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Reba
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 09:47:31 AM »

God knew there would be 'forums' and knew there would be battles  Grin  

Our God has a wonderfull sence of humour.
Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 08:00:55 AM »

I am just making sure noone thought that  1Tim 3:10 means women should be deacons.    

1 A faithful saying: If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth good work.

2 It behoveth therefore a bishop to be blameless, the husband of one wife, sober, prudent, of good behaviour, chaste, given to hospitality, a teacher,

3 Not given to wine, no striker, but modest, not quarrelsome, not covetous, but

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all chastity.

5 But if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?

6 Not a neophyte: lest, being puffed up with pride, he fall into the judgment of the devil.

7 Moreover, he must have a good testimony of them who are without: lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

8 Deacons in like manner: chaste, not double tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre:

9 Holding the mystery of faith in a pure conscience.

10 And let these also first be proved: and so let them minister, having no crime.

11 The women in like manner: chaste, not slanderers, but sober, faithful in all things.

12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife: who rule well their children and their own houses.

13 For they that have ministered well shall purchase to themselves a good degree and much confidence in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

14 These things I write to thee, hoping that I shall come to thee shortly.

15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

16 And evidently great is the mystery of godliness, which was manifested in the flesh, was justified in the spirit, appeared unto angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles, is believed in the world, is taken up in glory.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 01:28:29 PM »

"My question is what do you think should happen in this case, or even what do you think the end result will be?   I'll be interested in your comments.  I think "

The ladies should reconsider their ungodly actions, turn them selves around from the sin of using the position for power control. Then step down and return to being a guide for the young ladies and keepers at home.

God gave this task of bishops and deacons to men probably because the ladies have enough on their plates carrying the unborn, raising the born, keeping the home for the husband and the born.

Then the task was given to the elder men who are not so engaged in having to make a living as the young, or giving all their attention to their wives and children, that they cannot look to keeping God's flock.

The overseeing of the flock should not be in control of one man such as a "pastor" or preacher. The preacher should answer to the bishops in any congregation.

Anyway repentance would seem to be the orfer of the day or the end result may be to stare through the flames in the lake.

ollie

Reba
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 09:52:20 PM »

hi Ollie  Smiley

I agree with ya on this one.... BUT

The men are also at falt for not speaking up and allowing this to happen.
 Strong men are a good thing.   I guess they, like diamons are hard to find.....
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 10:21:27 PM »

Reba said:
Strong men are a good thing.
Hey!  What are you dragging me into this discussion for???
 Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Grin

j/k
(maybe)

Most modestly yours, (mostly)
JudgeNot

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 10:29:11 PM »

X
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 10:53:36 PM »

Reba said:
X

he-he-he-he-he-he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise You, Lord, for the gift of laughter!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 07:53:43 AM »

hi Ollie  Smiley

I agree with ya on this one.... BUT

The men are also at falt for not speaking up and allowing this to happen.
 Strong men are a good thing.   I guess they, like diamons are hard to find.....
And very expensive.   Smiley

I agree, men should not allow it. nor should women allow it. Get with it folks, turn to your Bible and let Jesus be the way, the life, and the truth. You too, ollie

ollie

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the