Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Killing animals for fashion?!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killing animals for fashion?!  (Read 2869 times)
Luke O

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2004, 08:05:52 AM »

Ok from my previous thread on 'Meat is Murder' it seems there is a very pro-meat board.  What is everyones view on killing animals purely for fashion purposes?  is this wrong? or would you consider this acceptable aswell?

Look forward to hearing your views Smiley

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 08:21:25 AM »

what is fashion  Huh

I dont think any animals were killed to make my sweat pants  Tongue

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 08:24:07 AM »

I'm not into fashion. It's a bit impractical out here in the woods.  Smiley
I am guilty of having many cotton plants killed for my convenience.

But if you take out the 'fashion' concept, which I take to mean fur coats, then that would change things.  Smiley

Indians were careful with buffalo. The meat provided sustenance and the fur provided warmth, and the skin provided shelter and clothing, etc. 'Fashion' wasn't in there.

My favorite pillow is a feather pillow.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 03:13:17 PM »

You know, there was at least one man in scripture that comes to mind who needed no furs.... Cheesy

Gen 25:24  And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
Gen 25:25  And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.

Not sure about you all, but this would definitely be cause for mental distress in our day and age....lol   "what an adorable red fury coat your son is wearing"  Lips Sealed  Cheesy

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 08:19:08 PM »

What I wear is not based on being fashionable. It is based on modesty and functionality. Do I wear leather? Sometimes.

Even Elijah used leather and he was considered a very Godly man by God.

2Ki 1:8  And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.
2Ki 1:9  Then the king sent unto him a captain of fifty with his fifty. And he went up to him: and, behold, he sat on the top of an hill. And he spake unto him, Thou man of God, the king hath said, Come down.
2Ki 1:10  And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

Our concern should not be in trying to be fashionable.

Mat 6:28  And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29  And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 08:52:34 PM »

Killing animals for food I don't mind. Killing animals for trophies, and leaving the meat, I do mind.

Before I got hurt, I use to hunt. I would use the hide, to carry the meat. When I got home I would tan the hide.

I made things for my family, and myself or sold the hide. Waste not, want not.

Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 11:06:05 PM »

I personally do not find anything wrong with killing an animal for sole purpose to wear it's fur for fashion. After all God did give us reign over the animal kingdom for food, for clothing (fashion) for warmth and etc.

Michael
Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 03:15:26 AM »

Personally, I feel that the world would be a better place if everyone became vegetarians.  You can live a healthier lifestyle, and there are many non meat forms of protein, ie soy, whey.  Personally, I do not feel humans are any more sacred than animals, since we too are animals.  I know chimps are more intelligent than 6 month old babies, and I have a problem with killing intelligent animals.

Imagine...
Luke O

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 06:32:03 AM »

Personally, I feel that the world would be a better place if everyone became vegetarians.  You can live a healthier lifestyle, and there are many non meat forms of protein, ie soy, whey.  Personally, I do not feel humans are any more sacred than animals, since we too are animals.  I know chimps are more intelligent than 6 month old babies, and I have a problem with killing intelligent animals.

AAAAAAAAMEN

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 07:44:40 AM »

Who's eating chimps?  Huh

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 11:52:35 AM »

ROMANS 14:1 Now receive the one who is weak in the faith, and do not have disputes over differing opinions.  :2 One person believes in eating everything, but the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not despise the one who does not, and the one who abstains must not judge the one who eats everything, for God has accepted him. :4 Who are you to pass judgment on another's servant? Before his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Romans 14:10-18 But you who eat vegetables only--why do you judge your brother or sister? And you who eat everything--why do you despise your brother or sister? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11 For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow to me, and every tongue will give praise to God." 12 Therefore, each of us will give an account of himself to God. 13 Therefore we must not pass judgment on one another, but rather determine never to place an obstacle or a trap before a brother or sister. 14 I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean in itself; still, it is unclean to the one who considers it unclean. 15 For if your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat,you are no longer walking in love.  Do not destroy by your food someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you consider good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God does not consist of food and drink, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For the one who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by people.

Frankly I would rather have the meat in my frying pan.

Eating a salad kills dozens of living plants. The plants have feelings as well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 10:25:07 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »

I realize in scripture it says that you can eat animals, call me blasphemous but I think the world would be a better place without meat eating, considering health and the amount of energy lost in meat production.  In regards to eating vegetables, plants rely on being eaten, so that when we eliminate them, the seeds get planted in the soil.  Whereas humans breed animals for the sole purpose of food, and I am not even getting into genetic modification, which is a whole new topic.

Imagine...
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 09:04:03 PM »

I believe we are more sacred than animals because we have a relationship with God and made in the image of God and not animals. We are not equal with animals but we're created higher than the animals. Animals cannot have relationship with God. Society places to high of a value of animals which lowers the level of human value which is wrong. Society today are worshipping the creation (animals and etc)and not the creator.

Michael
Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 01:49:22 AM »

Do you place atheists, muslims, buddhists, rastafarians etc on the same level as animals, because they do not have a relationship with the Christian God?

Imagine...
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 09:56:42 AM »

Athiest, muslims,buddhist,rasatafarians and everyone else are created in God's image. I think you missed my point up above though since we are not even close to animals.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the