Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Eschatology, The Bible and The Koran
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eschatology, The Bible and The Koran  (Read 10810 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 08:30:17 AM »

2T, This is really amazing all these things happening just as God said they would and some people still don't believe.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 08:37:24 AM »

Amen sister!   Theres almost not a day that goes by that NEW news doesn't tie into prophetic scripture somehow.   Truely amazing times we live in for sure!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

When Jesus returns to the Mt. of Olives he will arrive from the direction of Edom (Southern Jordan)---with the blood of his enemies spattering his garments. He will bring with him the remnant of believing Jews who fled earlier to Jordan at the midpoint of the tribulation period.

During the Olivet Discourse, Jesus describes his future public return in these words, Matthew 24:29-31  29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not shed its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn and [a]beat their breasts and lament in anguish, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory [in brilliancy and splendor].  31 And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect (His chosen ones) from the four winds, [even] from one end of the [b ]universe to the other.

Though we know, Jesus is alive, and waiting for release from the our Father.

Most important of all;  Ignore, reject, or distort God's truth and you risk missing out on God's plan. You risk having to endure the terrors described in the book. You risk losing out on your portion of the tree of life and the beautiful Holy City. Believe it-because Jesus is coming soon! He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

I have to gather my thoughts and pray on this more. I know I can do better, then this. As this is weighting heavy on me now. I keep wanting to go off topic.
Bob

Amen!  One minor amendment, that simply touches my heart greatly.  He's not bringing them - He's delivering them!  He delivered them before by splitting the Red Sea.  He does it here by splitting the mountain.  In a day and age where the world sets itself against Israel, it's comforting to me to know that God has not forgotten them...nor is He done with them.  Just a thought... Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 10:01:22 AM »

2T,

I'm glad that you posted that. It saved my fingers a lot of typing.  Wink Yes, I have heard that information, too, and have reached some of the same thoughts about it. Christians have been wrong before as to who the woman riding the beast is but I am inclined to believe that we are seeing now who it is. Even as a teenager before all this came to light I knew it wasn't the church that so many claimed it to be and leaned toward one that is the most false church on earth, one that is following satan completely.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »

2T, This is really amazing all these things happening just as God said they would and some people still don't believe.

Amen, sister it is amazing to me also but as the Bible tells us they are blind and cannot hear.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 10:04:49 AM »

Amen!  One minor amendment, that simply touches my heart greatly.  He's not bringing them - He's delivering them!  He delivered them before by splitting the Red Sea.  He does it here by splitting the mountain.  In a day and age where the world sets itself against Israel, it's comforting to me to know that God has not forgotten them...nor is He done with them.  Just a thought... Smiley

Amen, when God makes a promise He keeps that promise.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 04:13:49 PM »

As listed in the news posted today in the Prophecy Current events section their is an Iranian embassy opened up now in the Palestinian area that advocates "islam's waging of a final, apocalyptic battle against evil" according to the teachings of the koran. Another article also posted there tells that there will soon be a major "al-Qaida leader as important as overall terror chief Osama bin Laden and the group's Iraq leader Abu Musab Zarqawi will soon reveal himself in the Palestinian territories and orchestrate local and global jihad from the area".

I think that we are seeing things unfold right before us.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 10:04:15 PM »

HAMISH ROBERTSON: It would take an unusual set of circumstances to prompt a mother to encourage her sons to commit suicide, and then to take her place as a member of Parliament.

But these are not normal times in the Palestinian territories, and Mariam Farhat is no ordinary mother.

She achieved fame, or notoriety, depending on your point of view, when she appeared in a video with her son Mohammed, just hours before sending him on a suicide attack which killed five Israelis.

Two of her other sons also died fighting Israel.

Well, Mariam Farhat belongs to the militant group Hamas, which now controls the Palestinian Legislative Council.

Our Middle East Correspondent Mark Willacy went to visit Mariam Farhat in her Gaza home.

(sound of children talking)

MARK WILLACY: Mariam Farhat lives down a dirt alley in one of Gaza's teeming slums. Her rundown cinderblock home is covered with spray-painted Hamas slogans and elections posters.

We'd come to interview the 56-year-old Hamas candidate about her election to the new Palestinian Parliament, but Mariam Farhat was having none of it, telling our Palestinian producer that she would not talk to the foreign press.

She was angry, she said, at being taken out of context by another foreign media outlet, which quoted her as saying the new Hamas Government would require all Palestinian women to cover their heads.

(sound of Mariam Farhat speaking)

Our interview scrapped, we instead had to wait to hear from Mariam Farhat on the day of her swearing in as a member of the Palestinian Parliament.

(sound of Mariam Farhat speaking)

"May God let this day be our first blessed day in serving our great people and nation," she said.

An extremely devout Muslim woman, Mariam Farhat is known throughout Gaza as the "mother of the martyrs".

(sound of gunfire)

Three of Mariam Farhat's six sons were Hamas guerrillas who died fighting or attacking Israelis.

Four years ago she farewelled her 18-year-old son Mohammed in a homemade video, just hours before he embarked on a suicide mission against an Israeli settlement.

Storming the community of Atzmona, Mohammed Farhat opened fire, killing five Israeli teenagers before he was also shot dead.

(sound of Hamas member speaking on loudspeaker)

Mariam Farhat is one of six women candidates swept to power on a wave of support for Hamas. As well as sacrificing her sons, she says she wants to improve Gaza's hospitals and increase welfare for the poor.

"This is not only optimism," she says, "but a belief that this new Hamas Government is the first government of the Muslim Khalifate, in the new era that our Prophet Mohammad predicted," she says.

For Israel, Mariam Farhat is a living, breathing example of the dangers of a Hamas government.

Israeli Government spokesman Mark Regev says his country will withhold funds owed to the Palestinian Authority, because it fears Hamas will use the money to bankroll attacks against its citizens.

MARK REGEV: No one can ask Israel to transfer funds to terrorist organisations like Hamas and have those funds come back to us in the form of suicide bombings.

MARK WILLACY: And Mariam Farhat has publicly declared her wish that she had 100 sons, so she could sacrifice each in the same way she's already sacrificed three.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 10:27:17 PM »

According to the Al Muhajiroun press in the UK there is a call to form a Khalifate in the UK. In an article posted to the Arctogaia Forum, April 2001 there is also a Moscow Khalifate that is already formed and attempting to take over Russia in the near future. From the statement made by one islamist leader at a recent CAIR meeting in California it would seem that is also the intention of CAIR here in the U.S. This leader made a comment something to the affect of changing the Constitution into an islamic one.

Eye on Eurasia: Third generation Islamists

Tartu, Estonia, Mar. 28 (UPI) -- The popular revolution that has overthrown Kyrgyzstan President Askar Akayev has exacerbated concerns in Moscow that a "third generation" of Islamic radicalism has emerged in Central Asia, one likely to be far more organized, violent and international than its predecessors.

At one level, of course, the expression of such concerns is little more than an attempt by Russian commentators to discredit the events in Kyrgyzstan and to force the Western supporters of democratic transformations in that region to pause and ask themselves whether they are in fact opening the door to Islamic radicalism.

Thus, for example, Sergei Markov, who heads the Moscow Institute of Political Research, told Interfax news agency on Thursday that any victory of the Kyrgyz opposition would lead to the rapid spread of "radical Islamist" influence throughout the countries of the Central Asian region. (interfax_religion/ru/print.php?act=news&id=2181)

Stanislav Belkovskiy, the president of the Moscow National Strategy Institute, echoed these words. In an interview on Friday, he said that any revolutions that might take place in Central Asia would not be like the Ukrainian and Georgian ones as the West hopes but rather Islamic. (apn.ru/?chapter_name=events_print&data_id=1444&do=view_single)

And Konstantin Simonov, another Moscow analyst, said that outside observers should not forget that "the disorders in Kyrgyzia began with Uzbeks rather than Kyrgyz," something he suggested points to a possible "domino effect" elsewhere of an Islamist victory in Kyrgyzstan. (apn.ru/?chapter_name=events_print&data_id=1445&do=view_single)

But at another deeper level, such concerns may reflect a more profound understanding of events there. One scholar at the Foreign Ministry's Moscow State Institute for International Relations has offered a longer-term analysis of Islamic radicalism in Central Asia, a trend that he suggests has already passed through two generations and is quickly moving into a third.

In an article published at the end of last year in Tsentralnaya Aziya i Kavkaz, a journal produced by the Swedish Center for Social and Political Studies, Dmitriy Karmanov suggests that the best way to understand the evolution of Islamic radicalism is to consider it in terms of a series of successive generations.

The first generation consisted of Islamist groups that were formed at the end of the 1980s and early 1990s, Karmanov writes. In most cases, they advanced their programs by peaceful means and sought to participate in the limited political processes that were allowed by the governments in Central Asia.

Moreover, they sought to organize themselves via the traditional structures of local societies rather than form political parties or underground networks, something that left them especially vulnerable to the use of the still enormous police powers of the Central Asian regimes.

As that happened, Karmanov points out, not only did these groups lose support in the population at large but the idea that Muslims in Central Asia could advance their cause by means of open politics was discredited as well, a development that prompted ever more Muslims to look for new ways to advance their interests.

That search, Karmanov continues, lead to the emergence of a second generation of Islamic radicalism in Central Asia. It was characterized by a shift from the traditional forms of protest -- demonstrations and broadsides, for example -- to an increasing "information war" involving the Internet and the distribution of illegal Islamic literature.

And these channels had the effect, Karmanov argues, of giving Islamic radicalism in Central Asia an increasingly "trans-national character," one that not only linked these individuals and groups to others like them within the region but also and more significantly to Muslim organizations abroad from whom they learned a great deal.

Increasingly, Kurmanov says, radical Islamist groups in Central Asia took the form of conspiratorial cells -- known as "khalka" there. Given government repression, that was the only way these groups could hope to survive.

But the MGIMO author says this adaptation to repression had another consequence as well: It meant that radical Islamists in Central Asia ever more frequently drew their membership less from the rural Muslim populations in these countries than from recent university graduates and other "marginalized" urban young people.

That shift in organization and membership meant not only that the groups became more radical on their own but also that they were increasingly affected by the most extreme Islamist radical groups in Europe and the Middle East, developments reflected on their Web sites, which were increasingly multi-lingual.

One aspect of that influence is that radical Islamists in the countries of Central Asia have now advance a three-stage agenda, calling first for the formation of an Islamist political party within national boundaries, then its integration into the international Islamist movement, and finally the construction of a transnational khalifate.

Now, Kurmanov suggests, the fragile authoritarianism of the Central Asian governments and the impact of developments in the Middle East and elsewhere in the former Soviet space may be combining to produce a third generation of the Islamist movement in that region.

That generation, Kurman argues, will keep the methods of information war "in its arsenal," but it will increasingly make use of "diversionary-terrorist tactics." To the extent that happens, he concludes, Islamic extremist violence is likely to quickly move beyond the borders of whatever state in which it first appeared.

Whether that will prove true of what has just taken place in Kyrgyzstan remains to be seen, but Kurmanov's argument, one made just before these events took place -- his article was published in the November-December 2004 issue of the Swedish journal -- is clearly one that provides a useful template for thinking about what could happen next in Central Asia.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 02:48:42 PM »

The Arabic word makara means to deceive, scheme, or plan. The Arabic Bible in Genesis 3:1 uses the same word for Satan.

Allah is the deceivest of deceivers (Sura 3:54)

In sura 10:21 Allah is referred to be the fastest in deceit

Sura 8:30 ALLAH THE PLOTTER

YUSUFALI: Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.

PICKTHAL: And when those who disbelieve plot against thee (O Muhammad) to wound thee fatally, or to kill thee or to drive thee forth; they plot, but Allah (also) plotteth; and Allah is the best of plotters.

SHAKIR: And when those who disbelieved devised plans against you that they might confine you or slay you or drive you away; and they devised plans and Allah too had arranged a plan; and Allah is the best of planners.

Sura 4:142 ALLAH THE DECEIVER (excerpt)

"The hypocrites seek to deceive God, but it is He who deceives them." (Dawood)

Now I ask who does the Allah of islam look like? Definitely not the same God of the Holy Bible.

2Ki 19:10  Thus shall ye speak to Hezekiah king of Judah, saying, Let not thy God in whom thou trustest deceive thee, saying, Jerusalem shall not be delivered into the hand of the king of Assyria.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 03:24:26 PM »

A little more on the ideology of Islamic beliefs. Understanding this will explain why the Muslims are doing what they are today. This is an excerpt from a speech given by Prof Moshe Sharon from a theological point of view.

A WORD ABOUT PROFESSOR MOSHE SHARON

Professor Moshe Sharon received his Doctorate in Medieval Islamic History from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He has served as an Advisor on Arab Affairs to former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin as well as the Ministry of Defense. He currently lectures as professor of Islamic History at the Hebrew University.

ISLAMIC WAR BY INFILTRATION

Furthermore, there is another fact that must be remembered. The Islamic world has not only the attitude of open war, but also the method of war by infiltration. One of the things which the western world is not paying enough attention to is the tremendous growth of Islamic power in the western world. What happened in America and the Twin Towers is not something that came from the outside. And if America doesn't wake up, one day the Americans will find themselves in a chemical war and most likely in an atomic war–– inside the U.S.

END OF DAYS

It is highly important to understand how a civilization sees the end of days. In Christianity and in Judaism, we know exactly what is the vision of the end of days.

In Judaism, it is going to be as in Isaiah –– peace between nations, not just one nation, but between all nations. People will not have any more need for weapons and nature will be changed –– a beautiful end of days and the kingdom of God on earth.

Christianity goes as far as Revelation to see a day that Satan himself is obliterated. There are no more powers of evil. That's the vision.

I'm speaking now as a historian. I try to understand how Islam sees the end of days. In the end of days, Islam sees a world that is totally Moslem, completely Moslem under the rule of Islam. Complete and final victory. Christians will not exist, because according to many Islamic traditions, the Moslems who are in hell will have to be replaced by somebody and they'll be replaced by the Christians.

The Jews will no longer exist, because before the coming of the end of days, there is going to be a war against the Jews where all Jews should be killed. I'm quoting now from the heart of Islamic tradition, from the books that are read by every child in school. The Jews will all be killed. They'll be running away and they'll be hiding behind trees and rocks, and on that day Allah will give mouths to the rocks and trees and they will say, "Oh Moslem come here, there is a Jew behind me, kill him." Without this, the end of days cannot come. This is a fundamental of Islam.

As you can plainly see Muslims have an agenda. That agenda is to take over the world and implement Islamic rule. Is this the woman riding the beast? I am really beginning to believe so.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 02:08:08 PM »

I was reading the news story today about the finding of 30 bodies beheaded in Iraq. The following scripture came to mind.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I am more convinced that this false religion has a major role in the end times.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 04:13:01 PM »

Romans 11:25-26  (AMP) Lest you be self-opinionated (wise in your own conceits), I do not want you to miss this hidden truth and mystery, brethren: a hardening (insensibility) has [temporarily] befallen a part of Israel [to last] until the [a]full number of the ingathering of the Gentiles has come in,  26 And so all Israel will be saved. As it is written, The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will banish ungodliness from Jacob.

The "Phoney Prophet" Muhammad said, "Even if the entire duration of the world's existence has already been exhausted and only one day is left before the Day of Judgment, Allah will expand that day to such a length of time, as to accommodate the kingdom of a person out of my Ahl al-Bayt who will be called by my name. He will then fill the Earth with peace and justice as it will have been filled with injustice and tyranny before then." Sunni Reference: Sahih Tirmidhi, V2, P86, V9, P74-75.

It is clear from the content, that the Koran contains many similarities to the Bible. In fact, Muhammed "borrowed" from the Bible and twisted Scripture in order to form the religion of islam some 600 years after the death of Jesus. Since his "notes" weren't consolidated in any particular order, his disciples eventually arranged them from the longest to shortest "surahs".

The internal organization of the Qur'an is somewhat ad hoc. Revelations consisted of verses (ayat) grouped into 114 chapters (surahs). The arrangement of the suras is mechanical: the first, al-Fateha or "the Opening," is a short prayer exalting God that has become an essential part of all Islamic liturgy and prayer. The rest are graded generally by length, from longest to shortest. It is impossible to tell from the book the chronological order of the surahs. Some of the Surahs begin with letters of the Arabic alphabet, as though meant to be numbered, others do not. Some Surah of the Qur'an refer or allude to religious and historical events but seldom provide comprehensive accounts. God in the Qur'an speaks in the first person.

For us believers in Jesus, the Bible containing documentation of prophecies of which more then 300 have so far come true. It is an accurate historical document that flows in chronological order from beginning to end.

Sorry Pastor Roger, this subject leave a very bitter taste in my mouth.  Thats one of the reasons, I don't go here very often in, Eschatology, The Bible and The Koran topic.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 04:30:43 PM »

I do understand what you mean, brother. I have heard many sat that there are similairities between the Bible and the koran are very few. In actuality there are more "opposites" than there are similaitities.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 05:40:23 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

From everything I've been able to read on this subject, the Koran was simply stolen from the Bible, reformulated, added to, subtracted from, turned upside-down, and claimed. Their inclusion of JESUS as nothing more than a prophet makes the Koran a stolen book of blasphemy, but there are certainly some interesting things to consider regarding the end of this age.

Islam awaits the Mahdi, and there are thoughts that he is either already here or will come soon. I've considered the possibility that the Mahdi may be the anti-Christ. Regardless, Islam does fit into the end of age events.

Brothers and Sisters, I think there is a growing number of Christians who see and hear things that make them believe the end of the age of Grace might be drawing near. Regardless, there should always be an urgency to share the Gospel of the GOOD NEWS with everyone we can. We can also educate and warn that false religions will deceive and snare hosts of people. I know beyond any doubt at all that there is still plenty of room left IN THE ARMS OF JESUS. GOD does not want anyone to perish in their sins, and I know in my heart that GOD is using hosts of Christians to deliver HIS WORD.

I have a feeling of joy every time I think about JESUS coming to catch His Church up into the air. I hope and pray that hosts will be saved each day, right up to the time that HE comes for us. I trust GOD to do just that because HE promises that HIS WORD will never return void.

Brothers and Sisters, we have nothing to fear for the LORD is with us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:10-13 NASB  He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Psalms 118:6-7 NASB  The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me? The LORD is for me among those who help me; Therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the