Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:10:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Me  (Read 2824 times)
G

View Profile
Me
« on: August 07, 2006, 06:29:39 PM »

Hi there, nice site, might stick around a bit! Me name's G (for short) and err I'm looking for some Christians to mix with outside the box a bit I guess. I'm a 19 year old guy, andd ask if you want to know anything else! I'm looking for opinions on what I am, and if I should be worried. Well, I'm a semi goth and wear alot of black and some times black eye liner, and even red contact lenses or such. I find it very elegant, not sure why lol. I just like being unique. Through that I have had a lot of accusations thrown at me through my life, but I can assure you that I'm 100% Christian, and I even consider myself a warrior of God. <-- that is if I am worthy. I pray alot through the day, and go to church as often as my body allows me (Don't ask- hangover.. lol)  etc. But what matters is that my heart is right, and I know it.

A while ago I posted a similiar post like this on a different Christian messege board, and the people were very nice- Also made me feel a bit more at ease by agreeing with the statement: aslong as your heart is right. Then came along a guy who insulted me, and even insulted my parents and so on because of what I am- which made me angry beyond belief because it's THAT kind of attitude that gets me off on one. Anyway, I lashed out at him in a big way and then I got banned from the website completely, and I think he got off free because he's a regular... This made me a bit confusingly depressed, since Christianity is what I dedicate my life to and then that happens from a Christian community. But I forgive him. I just can't back down on something like that, I have too much pride to cowar. I read up something that also insists that pride is sin? My pride lies with God mostly, and I will die for Him. And other pride related bits is that I can't back down from a challenge (fighting) I love fighting, that's why I gym and do martial arts. So anyway, that's me hehe. Opinions on my situation would be appreciated, should I be worried? I believe that aslong as your heart is right with God, your fine. I'm a Baptist by the way.

Hopefully I won't have the same happen to me here hehe. But if it does, so be it. Thanks for reading! Opinions appreciated
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

Hello G and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

You sound like a very prideful person. That is not what God asks of us.  Proverbs 29:23  A man's pride will bring him low, but he who is of a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

G

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:56:12 PM »

That's the most beautiful verse I've ever heard mate. Will keep it
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 06:57:54 PM by G » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »

Hello G,

Welcome!

G, I really don't care if you are blue and pink polka-dotted as long as you obey the forum rules and don't disrupt the worship of God.

The only thing I wonder about is your apparent need to draw attention to yourself, even on the first post. We do the best we can to glorify God here, not self. I can only speak for myself when I say that I'm not interested in arguing about the things of man. Nearly all of us come here for Christian fellowship and talking about the things of the LORD. You are most welcome to join us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:1-2 NASB  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

G

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 07:02:40 PM »

Hello G,

Welcome!

We do the best we can to glorify God here, not self.

Alright, but that's why I posted here - "About You!" Thanks for welcoming mate
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 07:24:13 PM »

Welcome G. If you haven't done so please make sure to read the forum rules that you agreed to when you registered here.

I have too much pride to cowar. I read up something that also insists that pride is sin?

Besides the verse that DreamWeaver gave you there is:

Pro 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Pro 16:19  Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.
Pro 16:20  He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.

I hope that you will have a good time in the Lord here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »

A while ago I posted a similiar post like this on a different Christian messege board,  I have too much pride to cowar. I read up something that also insists that pride is sin?

Welcome g, perhaps you may have heard that pride is a sin. But because you ended your statement with a question mark perhaps you aren't sure.

It's in The Bible:

Pr 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pr 11:2 ¶ When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

God said it, I believe it, and that does it.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:37:20 AM »

Welcome G... the Goth thing does not bother me and perhaps even you can be a witness to others of 'that world'.
         The other members here have given you wonderful BIBLE verses in regards to the pride issue.  My advice is to.. "keep your eyes on Jesus"!

In His Service.. Tina

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »

Welcome G

No problems with goth or any other appearance here...........God has repeatedly reminded me in not so pleasant ways that my pride was my sin and downfall. I try now only to serve. I take alot of lashings along the way but I think it is a better test of the character Jesus wants in me to be thankfull for His path for my life and the blessings he bestows. Being thankfull I think was the first step to shaking off the burden ofsin called pride.I love our God Jesus and all glory to him for the changes He has made in me.

One can learn alot here at CU, welcome and soak it all up. Wink

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
G

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »

I don't under stand, why is it sin? If someone comes up to me and say I'm weak blah blah and I say well, I'll prove to you that I'm not, and fight him- what's wrong with that? I'm not questioning the Bible, I just don't understand why it's sin. I love fighting, I love it because it's fun, the mere challenge and thought that the other guy might be stronger than you, that just makes it more fun. And I'm not speaking of fighting as in picking on people, and fighgting everyone I see. I'm speaking of fights that both agree to it, and enjoy it. (Well I do Smiley ) Bah, confused.

Oh, just saw your post ibTina- and thanks for it. I AM helping another goth friend (closest friend) of mine become Christian Smiley He's not there yet, and it has taken a few years already. But I won't give up, even if I know I am to fail. And I would do it for others aswell, the opportunity just hasn't showed up yet.

Don't know if this forum is the right place for my questions.. Came here to look for help is about it, if I'm a burden please direct me to a more appropraite place
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »

Brother, there is more strength in meekness.

Ro 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 12:33:43 PM »

G

I have no quarrel with hobbies, as is seems your "fighting" is. The sin I refered to is simply pride. The reson Pride is a sin (other than the fact that the bible says it is) is that a pridefull man is tempted to boast.

That is also why we are not saved by works.....lest ye boast.

If we are pridefull of what we do even if it is for God we have the tendancy to boast and position ourselves hight than others. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

We are all on equal feilds in the eyes of God and He wants us to act accordingly. Be gratfull for the oppertunity to serve.

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 12:54:32 PM »

Don't know if this forum is the right place for my questions.. Came here to look for help is about it, if I'm a burden please direct me to a more appropraite place

G, you are not a burden, I do hope we are addressing your questions, I believe you were wondering if pride is a sin and so far we have posted several Scriptures for you, but please don't just take our word for it, look them up in your own Bible, I's sure that you will find a lot more too.  Wink

G

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 01:56:58 PM »

Baisically the only pride I am 100% is to not cowar to a challenge. If someone challenges me or insults me, I won't back down untill I win or am onconcious. It's my irish and german blood I'm afraid but I can't change that. Is that bad? BY the way guys, thanks for help so far Smiley
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »

I'm afraid but I can't change that. Is that bad? BY the way guys, thanks for help so far Smiley

Of course you can change that G, you alone are the one responsible for anything you choose to do or not do. It may take a while, but I know you can change that. All Christians are new creatures when they accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and the Bible tells us that when you ask Jesus into your heart, He gives you the power to overcome any habits or undesireable behavior, of course you must go before God and ask Him to help you in the name of Jesus and you must be willing to change and let God work in you.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the