Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Movie SAVED raises questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Movie SAVED raises questions  (Read 3728 times)
Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2004, 09:41:04 AM »

Sometimes, people have legitimate reasons for disliking Christianity. So many Christians blow off this feeling by saying: “Oh, they just are mad because they don’t have the truth” or “The enemy has blinded their eyes” or “We are the true people of God, so we should except attacks like this.” DO you think this does anything to help the distracter see your point of view? No, things like this are the reason people are draw away from Christianity. Attitudes like that are the reason people make movies like “Saved” in the first place! Attitudes like that, you say?  Bad attitudes?  Bad attitudes created this great movie you speak of?  You couldn't pay me to see this!  

Jesus speaking here folks
John 15:18-"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.  19. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own.  As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.  That is why the world hates you.  

The Bible clearly states criticism is a good thing. A wiseman does well to at least listen to it. Don’t make me start quoting Proverbs on you people! :-D Yes, please do begin quoting from scripture.  
Besides, is this not an excellent opportunity to peer into the mind of an unsaved person? So thats what this film is about; looking into the mind of the unsaved? Tongue Is that why you would  go see it?  Wouldn't you already know what it is like?  Like the rest of us at one time.
Would not such knowledge only strength your witnessing? This could be a great chance of a textbook study of the attitude the unsaved have toward Christians, and prepare to defend against it. All things work together for good...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 10:56:22 AM by Aiki Storm » Logged

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2004, 04:26:24 PM »

Sometimes, people have legitimate reasons for disliking Christianity. So many Christians blow off this feeling by saying: “Oh, they just are mad because they don’t have the truth” or “The enemy has blinded their eyes” or “We are the true people of God, so we should except attacks like this.” DO you think this does anything to help the distracter see your point of view? No, things like this are the reason people are draw away from Christianity. Attitudes like that are the reason people make movies like “Saved” in the first place! Attitudes like that, you say?  Bad attitudes?  Bad attitudes created this great movie you speak of?  You couldn't pay me to see this!  

No, not created, inspired. Your attitude inspired the creators to make the movie. How many times must I say that before you finally grasp it? It is not that hard of a concept to grasp. Even if you do not agree with it, you should be able to understand what I am saying. Roll Eyes

Jesus speaking here folks
John 15:18-"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.  19. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own.  As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.  That is why the world hates you.  

Yes, it looks like jesus is right. You, of the world, hate this movie, because it shows what Christianity has become in America. Jesus is calling you out on a few issue through this movie, and you hate it.

The Bible clearly states criticism is a good thing. A wiseman does well to at least listen to it. Don’t make me start quoting Proverbs on you people! :-D Yes, please do begin quoting from scripture.  

Proverbs 11:14; 12:15; 15:22; 19:20; 20:18; 24:6

Besides, is this not an excellent opportunity to peer into the mind of an unsaved person? So thats what this film is about; looking into the mind of the unsaved? Tongue Is that why you would  go see it?  Wouldn't you already know what it is like?  Like the rest of us at one time.

Sorry, no, I wouldn't.  Roll Eyes

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Aiki Storm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2004, 11:08:02 AM »

Ephesians 51Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.  6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7Therefore do not be partners with them.
8For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10and find out what pleases the Lord. 11Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, 14for it is light that makes everything visible.

I pray that people come to know Jesus in such a way that it would hurt when their faith is mocked.  As for me, I am done here with this forum as it is becoming very childish.  

Peace and God bless

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2004, 12:46:36 PM »

I am hurt when JESUS is mocked, I will not be hurt when someone sees fit to write a satire about the man-made religions that claims to be Christian! Childish? You want to talk about Childish? Are claim any Christian who wishes to SEE the movie before making a judge have his salvation in question, and you dare say this forum is childish? This Forum has had about enough of you. Stop worshipping Christianity and start worshipping Christ! Feel free to some back when hit puberty.  Roll Eyes

His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2004, 12:54:17 PM »

Well, that's a sweet and uplifting way to handle it when someone disagrees with you.  Huh

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
Aiki Storm

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2004, 01:09:44 PM »

I am hurt when JESUS is mocked, I will not be hurt when someone sees fit to write a satire about the man-made religions that claims to be Christian! Childish? You want to talk about Childish? Are claim any Christian who wishes to SEE the movie before making a judge have his salvation in question, I NEVER SAID THAT!  LOOKING AT THE PREVIEWS WAS ENOUGH.  IT IS EASY TO SEE FROM THE PREVIEWS THAT IT WAS NOT IN JESUS FAVOR.  YOU DONT HAVE TO GO SEE IT JUST TO FIND THAT OUT, HOPEFULLY.  YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO JUMP OFF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING JUST TO FIND OUT ITS A LONG WAY DOWN.  and you dare say this forum is childish? WELL, MAYBE NOT THE FORUM, MAYBE JUST SOME OF YOUR COMMENTS.  This Forum has had about enough of you.WOW!  YOU REALLY TOOK THAT LAST PASSAGE OF SCRIPTURE TO HEART DIDN'T YOU! EPHESIANS 5 Stop worshipping Christianity and start worshipping Christ! I WORSHIP CHRIST JESUS, HOW ABOUT YOU?  Feel free to some back when hit puberty.  Roll Eyes DO WHAT?! Grin

Well then,  I guess I really didn't need to respond in my defense now did I?  Your own comments are my defense!  

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2004, 01:15:57 PM »

Actually, "Roll Eyes" would have been the proper smiley for your tone.  Wink

What can I say, I am sick of these other Christians making the Church that I love a joke for everyone else! No one can to anything without the WASPs getting on their case! You cannot hold a contrary opinion. If you do, your salvation is in question. What is that? I do not recall boycotting "saved" to being on the list of prerequisites for salvation. I sick of Christians sing petitions to ban Fahrenheit 9-11 from the one theater that was playing it. I'm sick of Christians saying that if you did not like the Passion of Christ, you must not be a Christian. I'm sick of Christians making the Republican Party a requirement for salvation! I am pro-life, but you know what, If I change to pro-choice, my salvation is NOT an issue. Even if it was an issue, it is MY issue, no one else has the right to tell me my salvation is in question by God and the men he has put in authority over me!

Sorry if I come out bitter or angry or mean, but that how I feel about these issues.

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2004, 03:48:21 PM »

This has gotten so ridiculous...If Tibby wants to see a teen-summer-comedy, then let him. You sure don't have to, Aiki Storm, but don't judge him on it. It's a freakin' movie; seeing it does not bar you from getting into heaven. Get over it. It's in the theaters, and if you want to boycott it, I'm sure the producers will miss your seven bucks.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2004, 01:42:53 AM »

WHEW!!!   Huh  Did I miss something?

I thought this was a discussion about a movie, not a condemnation of those who either see it or don't see it.

I'm an older person who could probably be labeled a fundamentalist. I don't know what young people call old squares like me, but it really doesn't bother me. I stated an old square's opinion about this movie, but I didn't offer any condemnation about those who would or would not see it.

However, it appears the rub may be between two young folks, and that's a shame. I would rather you make fun of me than be angry with each other over a movie. Old squares usually have a habit of stating what they believe to be the blunt truth, and I'm no exception. However, I do know that I'm an old square - I just don't plan to change.   Cheesy

PLEASE!! - don't have a stroke or a heart attack over disagreeing on a movie. See it or don't see it. You will have decisions to make that are thousands of times the magnitude of this sooner or later. In the meantime, shake hands and call me an old square.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2004, 10:10:49 AM »

BEP Says:
I don't know what young people call old squares like me, but it really doesn't bother me.
According to my 17-year old daughter, the term is 'dork'.  She uses it to describe me often.
I just look at her, grin and say, "If it walks like a dork and talks like a dork..."  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2004, 11:45:02 AM »

A college age guy like me would call him a "goober" Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2004, 11:37:39 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot and Tibby,

Brothers, I feel better now, but I don't know which term I like the best, "dork or goober". UM???, Goober was one of my favorite characters on the Andy Griffith Show, so I'll be Goober.

Love,
Goober

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the