Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Let's make this a forum solely for christians!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's make this a forum solely for christians!  (Read 3590 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2004, 10:30:50 PM »

Homie,
I can really empathize with your feelings on this issue. Since Jesus said there will be so few who will be saved, it is hard to find true Christians in the world. Unfortunately, Jesus also said there will be many who call him 'Lord' but will not enter the kingdom of heaven. These people truly do think they're saved but don't understand what Jesus means by "knowing" Him. Virtually everyone who goes to church thinks he's going to heaven. This contradicts Christ's words. Because of this, there will ALWAYS be wolves in sheep's clothing who consider themselves Christians. When there is deceit like this, it will always be difficult to weed out the true Christians from the "professed" Christians. So all i can rely on is Jesus's words that "by their fruit you will recognize them." I think an easy solution to this would be to have an ignore list where we don't even see the posts from people who disagree with Jesus. But since we don't have that option, whenever i'm tired of having to defned christ's words to people who don't understand them, I simply go to threads where there are more people who believe Jesus than disagree with Him.
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2004, 10:31:12 PM »

Ebia:
     Some of it is in the true spirit of learning, but a lot was, and is complete Mockry, the catholic, anti-catholic, Also the Gifts- anti gifts, at times I belive they all need a trip to the woodshed.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2004, 10:45:31 PM »

Forrest,
Jesus was the angriest at the Pharisees, people who claimed to see. I get just as angry at churches who blatantly disobey Jesus and use His name to do so. Mockery is simply defaming a person or group simply to mock it rather than because the group has heretical teachings. Sometimes standing up for Christ means standing against those who use his name but deliberately oppose his words.
Rich

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2004, 10:57:37 PM »

Or standing up to those who deliberately twist His words to fit their take on things and their personal agenda. Or standing up to those deliberately twist others beliefs, and refuse to listen when they are corrected on what they are mistakenly spreading as the truth.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 11:31:05 PM »

I agree with Jesus, word for word, Rich, so i don't belong in that category.
CrystalPc

He has not given us a spirit of fear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2004, 04:27:33 PM »

I expected such answers to my post, see:
I know many will say things such as:
1. Perhaps they come here seeking God and truth
2. We want to welcome everybody
3. Wouldn't that be a bit fundamentalist and undemocratic?
4. etc...
But if you would please read and reflect over what I've written you couldn't honestly have written that reply. Although you are well-meaning, you won't get away from this fact:
The Atheists have plenty of christian forums to choose from, but the christians have not a single refuge, not a single sanctuary to get away from the mocking and seek advice and intelligent debate!
And you know that what I am saying is supported by the Bible, I could dig up the verses but you probably know them anyhow. Be honest, do i sound like I am against missionary, don't you think I want to spread the word as well? You know this isn't about "keeeping the word to ourselves", it is about christians coming together without the darkness of atheists ruining the good athmosphere, causing strife and unhappiness.

God wants christians joining together without the influence of the infidels, he also wants us to mingle and be in the World with the infidels, bringing them the good news. These are not contradictory, because one can seek sanctuary with christians one day and be out in the world preaching or whatever the next day, you get it?  Smiley
There is very few places for a christian to go to get away and rest. I am an active member of christian forums where I do missionary work there, but I come here for respite, and fellowship. What fellowship is there with belial.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the