Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hey Allinall!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey Allinall!  (Read 9322 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »

I found something that will make your day! Grin

Four Colts Make NFL All-Pro Team

By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer Tue Jan 10, 6:08 AM ET

INDIANAPOLIS - Bob Sanders helped change the image of the
Indianapolis Colts' defense with a few big hits. The sports writers and broadcasters rewarded him Monday by making him among the Colts' league-high four players on this year's Associated Press All-Pro team.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Knowing the way I play and the attitude I have for this game, I felt like I was the guy who should take it to another level," Sanders said. "It has to do with being physical and being aggressive."

Joining Sanders, a safety, on the first team were quarterback Peyton Manning, center Jeff Saturday and defensive end Dwight Freeney. Seattle also had four players named to the first team.

Receiver Marvin Harrison and linebacker Cato June were both second-team selections.

For the high-scoring Colts, it was an unusually balanced mix, and Sanders was the biggest surprise. The second-year player from Iowa, whose rookie season was limited by injuries, made the kind of impact coach Tony Dungy expected when the Colts took him in the second round of the 2004 draft.

He finished with 118 tackles — second on the team — had one interception, forced one fumble and recovered a fumble. It was enough to earn 22 of 50 votes, second to Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu who had 37.

"We had the strength and the speed on this defense, but we needed to become more physical," Sanders said. "And this scheme puts me in position to make plays."

Manning, a two-time MVP who finished second in this year's MVP and offensive player of the year balloting, was named the top quarterback for the third straight year. Only four Colts — Jim Parker (eight), Gino Marchetti (six) and Lenny Moore and Art Donovan (four each) — were chosen to more consecutive All-Pro teams.

Manning also is the first Colts quarterback to be honored in three successive seasons. John Unitas made the team five times but never more than twice in a row.

"There's no question the last three years have been the three best of my career," Manning said. "To do it three years in a row, I take a lot of pride in that and I've had some good coaching and some good help."

Freeney, who was second in defensive player of the year voting, earned his second straight selection to the All-Pro team. He was the top vote-getter among all defensive ends.

Saturday was honored for the first time in his seven-year career. He received 28 votes, nearly three times as many as Chicago's Olin Kreutz who had 10. And like Manning, Sanders and Freeney, he will start in the Pro Bowl.

"I'm extremely excited about it. It really is a great achievement," Saturday said. "It's been good, and hopefully things will come together for us as a team."

During the offseason, Dungy said he wanted the Colts to be more physical on defense this year, and Sanders seemed to take the plea personally. With Sanders healthy, the addition of run-stuffing defensive tackle Corey Simon and the emergence of linebackers June and Gary Brackett, jumped from the No. 29 defense to No. 11.

"We've been healthier this year, which allowed us to practice more and the guys carried it out," Dungy said. "Bob Sanders has certainly been the ring leader, but it's not just him."
4 Colts make NFL All-Pro Team

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 11:32:07 AM »

Thanks Bro!  Hey!  My brother-in-law's company has season tickets to the Colts.  His dad, who owns the company, went a couple of weeks ago to a game, and they were handing out pamphlets.  Inside was a clear cut presentation of the gosple and like, 6 testimonies of Colts players who've been saved.  Among them: Tony Dungy, Cato June, and Jeff Saturday, who's conversion seems to have been recent.  Tony, the teams coach, is a known believer.  After his son's suicide, the news was all over the place about his faith being his resting place.  Great testimony.  It's one thing to see players point to God after a play.  Anyone can do that and what does that really mean anyway?  But to see these guys giving a personal testimony to the fans that have come to see them play...that screams to me.  Not of them, but of our God. 

So.  If you're a true believer...you have to be an Indianapolis Colts fan!!!  hehe...I'm kiddin' Tim... Wink

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:15:50 PM »

Thanks Bro!  Hey!  My brother-in-law's company has season tickets to the Colts.  His dad, who owns the company, went a couple of weeks ago to a game, and they were handing out pamphlets.  Inside was a clear cut presentation of the gosple and like, 6 testimonies of Colts players who've been saved.  Among them: Tony Dungy, Cato June, and Jeff Saturday, who's conversion seems to have been recent.  Tony, the teams coach, is a known believer.  After his son's suicide, the news was all over the place about his faith being his resting place.  Great testimony.  It's one thing to see players point to God after a play.  Anyone can do that and what does that really mean anyway?  But to see these guys giving a personal testimony to the fans that have come to see them play...that screams to me.  Not of them, but of our God. 

So.  If you're a true believer...you have to be an Indianapolis Colts fan!!!  hehe...I'm kiddin' Tim... Wink

That is a great testimony and a slap in the face of the ACLU along with all the other advocates of the devil.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:23:55 PM »

Amen!  I'm all for the slappin'!  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:49:24 PM »

That is a great testimony Tim, Let the ACLU stick that in their ear! Grin

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »

That is a great testimony Tim, Let the ACLU stick that in their ear! Grin

Confusion part: I'm Kevin... Grin  I was tellin' 2nd Timothy that cause he's an ardent Phins Phan...hehee!  Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »

Confusion part: I'm Kevin... Grin  I was tellin' 2nd Timothy that cause he's an ardent Phins Phan...hehee!  Cheesy
And I'm Bob. Grin How do you do Tim? Okay, Kevin  Grin   Now are you confused?  Roll Eyes Grin Just kidding you brother.  Cheesy And I see I got ya on that one.  Grin

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 04:03:51 PM »

And I'm Bob. Grin How do you do Tim? Okay, Kevin  Grin   Now are you confused?  Roll Eyes Grin Just kidding you brother.  Cheesy And I see I got ya on that one.  Grin

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Quick Reply Button rocks!!!  Anywho, the "Confusion Part" I was pretty sure was on my part!  hehee!  Except for smiley options...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 04:12:18 PM »

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Quick Reply Button rocks!!!  Anywho, the "Confusion Part" I was pretty sure was on my part!  hehee!  Except for smiley options...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So you still haven't learned how to read silver? Grin Now now Kevin, I like the smilie part. Grin Smiley Tongue Tongue

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 09:32:07 AM »

Lets see now.....oh yes....only one team has gone 17-0!   Wonder who that could be?   Tongue Tongue nany nany poo poo....lol

Just funnin ya bro.  You know I'm ridding the Colts band wagon this year!  Go Colts!!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:59:25 AM »

Lets see now.....oh yes....only one team has gone 17-0!   Wonder who that could be?   Tongue Tongue nany nany poo poo....lol

Just funnin ya bro.  You know I'm ridding the Colts band wagon this year!  Go Colts!!

And what happened in the Super Bowl?  Or am I thinking of another team?   Grin  I know yer funnin'.  Me too.  DUDE!! I'm so ready for this weekend to see how things play out.  Personally, I think next weeks match ups are going to be Denver at Indy, and Chicago at Seattle.  Remains to be seen, but...I CAN'T WAIT!!!   Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 08:53:12 PM »

And what happened in the Super Bowl?  Or am I thinking of another team?   Grin  I know yer funnin'.  Me too.  DUDE!! I'm so ready for this weekend to see how things play out.  Personally, I think next weeks match ups are going to be Denver at Indy, and Chicago at Seattle.  Remains to be seen, but...I CAN'T WAIT!!!   Cheesy
Go Broncos! Grin

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 09:05:16 AM »

And what happened in the Super Bowl?  Or am I thinking of another team?   Grin  I know yer funnin'.  Me too.  DUDE!! I'm so ready for this weekend to see how things play out.  Personally, I think next weeks match ups are going to be Denver at Indy, and Chicago at Seattle.  Remains to be seen, but...I CAN'T WAIT!!!   Cheesy

Umm, we won the SB that year dude.lol

Yeah this weeks games are gonna be great!   No matter what happens, I will rejoice when the PATS drop no matter who beats em.  Anyhow, they should all be great games!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 04:38:39 PM »

Go Broncos! Grin

Going with the underdogs(Steelers) the rest of the way this year. I figure...if they can beat the Colts, then it would be a cake walk for them. 24-3 at the half...the BUS is headed for Michigan.

Umm, we won the SB that year dude.lol

Yeah this weeks games are gonna be great!   No matter what happens, I will rejoice when the PATS drop no matter who beats em.  Anyhow, they should all be great games!

Umm, 72 Dolphins achieve a perfect season only, bro. 73 & 74 Dolphins won the SuperBowl. I also couldn't believe it when I heard the 72 phins were glad to have all the Glory to themselves. Satisfaction is guaranteed for another year or so...or all time  Wink

I think the Pats had to much limelight these past few years. Grin

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
rednecklutheran

rednecklutheran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 07:32:47 PM »

looks like the Steelers are going...NFC Championship doesn't really matter...I don't think either of those teams can beat Pitt...I'm a Saints fan myself (go ahead...take your shots...)...

Ken Stansbury <Jeremiah 20:9>
"Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let
    your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the
    victor over sin, death, and the world."- Luther
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the