Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:15:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Medicine/Theology Q.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Medicine/Theology Q.  (Read 1435 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2003, 05:17:48 PM »

This is adult question, so youngsters go away.

Is there any truth to the question that human cohabitation with animals ever produced a creature.  I notice in Leviticus that the behaviour, of course, is prohibited along in the same breath with homosexuality, etc.  And, of course, mythology always has plenty of strange creatures.

I'm just wondering medically, or scientifically, if anyone knows of any such creature being produced.  I remember the story of The Elephant Man, of a hundred years ago, in England, and the movie, with Anthony Hopkins, by that name.  But I think that was just deformity.

And I've heard of backwoods perversions in the hinterlands, of parents warning their kids to stay away, or not even look in that direction, when driving by, at a distance.

I know that there's plenty of that behaviour going on, that is, beastiality; I'm just wondering if it has ever produced anything.  I've never heard mention of it; just "satyrs" in mythology.  Obviously, it's all pretty gross, terrible stuff.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 06:53:31 PM »

This is adult question, so youngsters go away.

Is there any truth to the question that human cohabitation with animals ever produced a creature.  I notice in Leviticus that the behaviour, of course, is prohibited along in the same breath with homosexuality, etc.  And, of course, mythology always has plenty of strange creatures.

I'm just wondering medically, or scientifically, if anyone knows of any such creature being produced.  I remember the story of The Elephant Man, of a hundred years ago, in England, and the movie, with Anthony Hopkins, by that name.  But I think that was just deformity.

And I've heard of backwoods perversions in the hinterlands, of parents warning their kids to stay away, or not even look in that direction, when driving by, at a distance.

I know that there's plenty of that behaviour going on, that is, beastiality; I'm just wondering if it has ever produced anything.  I've never heard mention of it; just "satyrs" in mythology.  Obviously, it's all pretty gross, terrible stuff.

I believe it is impossible for human seed to be mixed, with animal seed and be able to produce, mutant form of life, for this reason;  

1 Cor 15
38  But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39  All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

The reason why the difference in the flesh, is because the blood, which the life of the flesh, is not the same blood.

This why animal organs will never be successfully translanted into Humans, there are certain animal by products including blood serums, that are helpful to the human body, however,  since the flesh is diferent it cannot mix with human flesh, and live, although science has been able to keep tissue alive for weeks in the bodies of patients, in the end they die.

Good question..

Petro

pnotc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 08:08:35 PM »

Mixing of the species is impossible, which is one of the characteristics that separates a species, biologically speaking.  So no, man and beast cannot produce offspring.  Although, there is less than 1% difference between a chimpanzee's DNA and human DNA.  

And there have been successful transplants of animal organs into humans, but only when the animal's genes have been manipulate to mimic that of a human.  Baboon hearts were used because they were approximately the right size.  But now, pigs show the greatest promise for animal-human transplantation (after genetic manipulation) because genetically they are very similar to humans.  Of course, all that is artificial.  Whether that is moral or in line with God's wishes is another discussion entirely.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 12:12:50 AM »

Thanks Petro, and pnotc(that's not like, um, p-nazi, is it?).  Yes, that makes sense.  Guess the stuff I've heard just "urban legend".
pnotc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 05:19:04 PM »

Symphony-

No, its p - not - c.  I guess it would sound like p-nazi if you emphasized the last syllable, but that's not what I meant it to sound like! Smiley
suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 02:51:56 PM »

Good answer pnotc.   The elephant man was known because his face took on a type of tusked appearance due to tumors that develop that are called cutaneous or neurofibromas.   This condition was known as Neurofibromatosis. However more recently it has been shown that he had a rare condition instead known as Proteus Syndrome. Either way, it was not due to intermixing of species, but a medical condition.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 11:34:20 PM »

Just noticed this, over at DrudgeReport.   Article concludes by saying homosexuality was "decriminalized" in 1944, in Sweden.

INCREASING PROBLEM:
Swedes have more and more animal sex
Av Øyvind Ludt og Carin Pettersson 26.01.04 12:24

Animal sex is not illegal in Sweden, and every year between 200 and 300 pets are injured because of sexual assaults...

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article177749.ece
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 01:32:11 AM »

I'm just wondering if it has ever produced anything.
Simply can't happen.  Generally, species can only breed within species or with other VERY close species (zebras and donkeys can interbreed, for example, and horses and donkeys can but the offspring are sterile).  There isn't any species close enough for humans for this to happen.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 09:05:32 AM »

Honestly, at what point does one get THAT lonely, so lonely they start looking at there dog!

This world is populated by some sick people. Undecided

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 12:02:45 PM »

Honestly, at what point does one get THAT lonely, so lonely they start looking at there dog!

This world is populated by some sick people. Undecided

Tibby,   Grin Grin Grin.   Actually, I had heard recently the increasing number of people who sleep with their pets....But there's probly nothing wrong with that, 'cept this new way of thinking this days--a sensual mindset that the world is adopting, permeating everywhere we go...it seems... Roll Eyes  

thanks, ebia.  I kinda thot that, but these urban legends you hear, I'm never absolutely sure about anything anymore...

...the ancient depictions of half-men half goat, etc.(I think I had one for a teacher once... Embarrassed Embarrassed)...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the