Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:19:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello. I'm new here.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello. I'm new here.  (Read 1044 times)
heatherchelle_2000

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »

Hello.
My name is Heather.  I'm a 30-something tutor/school assistant from Wisconsin.  I only work part time because I have fibromyalgia and several mental health issues including social phobia.  I was raised in a mostly non-Christian home.  (My dad and stepmom claimed to be Christians, but didn't pray, go to church, etc. and their hypocrisy is the main reason why my three siblings are not Christians.  My mom is an ex-Catholic who left the church because of the cruelty and stupidity of other Christians and has never gone back.)  Some of my friends growing up were Christians.  I started out at a Lutheran college and joined IVCF while I was there.  Some of the people I dealt with were terrific.  Others, not so much.  The leaders of my small group were the type who used prayer like a club, and I was afraid to ask any questions.  I was terrified that they would figure out I wasn't a Christian and didn't belong and then they would pray for me because anyone who disagreed with them was a horrible person going straight to hell.  It took several years to recover from the experience.  I was finally saved by television and radio programs.  I used to watch the 700 Club, which I found to mostly be a money-making machine for Pat Robinson (Donate to the 700 Club and God will make you rich!), but he does say the salvation prayer at the end of every program.  I started praying it too.  And wondering what was wrong with me because I didn't feel any different and dear old Pat kept telling me how much my life was supposed to change.  I prayed the salvation prayer five days a week for about six months.  Nothing happened.  But I figure, if I'm not saved by now, it isn't going to happen.  I've tried to join a church, but between the pain and exhaustion of fibromyalgia and the abject terror of facing the crowds and the pastor (authority figure) I've very rarely been able to attend services.  I mostly end up sitting in the parking lot in my car crying if I can even manage to leave the house.  So I don't know what to do.  God wants me to attend church and have fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ.  He wants me to get baptized.  But after more than a decade of prayer and effort, I'm no closer to joining a church than I was at the beginning.  I want to scream!  Sorry for ranting a bit.  Thanks for listening!
Heather

xoxoxoxox Heather xoxoxoxox
Beloved Father God,
Help me befriend those who are lonely,
Help me comfort those who are hurting,
Help me do battle against the darkness,
And help me lead the way to You.
In Jesus' name, amen.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »

First of Heather

Sorry for ranting a bit.  Thanks for listening!
Oh...sorry...what did you say?

No just kidding....you will find that I am one who does that quite often Tongue  Welcome to the forums.  I will add you to my prayers, in that you will find assurance of your salvation in Jesus and through that you will find comfort in your house as much as you can in His house.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:46:57 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Heather. Life becomes a lot harder when the ones who are supposed to love you only hurt you. I know from personal experience.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »

Hello Heather,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums. A wonderful place for those that are seeking Jesus or those who have Him to have some wonderful Christian fellowship. I'm glad that you joined us. Joining a good Bible believing church is important but more important than that is a relationship with Christ and the support and fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ.

There are many here that also suffer from fibromyalgia or other various handicaps. I am one of them. I am sure that you will find some wonderful support here in that as well.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »

Hello Heather,

WELCOME!

We're happy to have you with us, and I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

One doesn't need great health or popularity with the world to have a wonderful relationship with CHRIST. Our AWESOME GOD is everywhere: hospitals, rest homes, and in the hearts of HIS Children. We can worship, study HIS WORD, and enjoy HIS Blessings 24/7 - regardless of our health or abilities. We gather here in the Precious Name of JESUS CHRIST, and HE is with us - with or without a church building. OUR CHURCH is ALIVE IN CHRIST and not made with human hands. OUR CHURCH is also ETERNAL, and CHRIST HIMSELF is the HEAD over it. We've never even seen many of our members who we will spend Eternity with. Some might think that I'm joking, but I'm not. I'm actually talking about the ultimate Reality: THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:46:09 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the