Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286819 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jane Fonda film banned from Ky. theaters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jane Fonda film banned from Ky. theaters  (Read 694 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2005, 09:41:13 PM »

Some of the younger people here probably don't know Jane Fonda as a political figure. In the late 60's to mid 70's she raised quite a row in the political arena even though she never held any official office. This is remembered quite well by those of us that served during that time.

Jane Fonda film banned from Ky. theaters

Associated Press

ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. - The owner of two Kentucky theaters has refused to show the new Jane Fonda film "Monster-in-Law" because of the activist role the actress took during the Vietnam War.

Ike Boutwell, who trained pilots during the Vietnam War, displayed pictures of Fonda clapping with a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft crew in 1972 outside the Elizabethtown Movie Palace to show his disapproval. The marquee outside Showtime Cinemas in nearby Radcliff reads: "No Jane Fonda movie in this theater."

Both theaters are just a few miles from the Army post of Fort Knox, south of Louisville.

"I think when people do something, they need to be held responsible for their actions," Boutwell said. "When you give the enemy aid, it makes the war last longer."

Fonda has apologized for being photographed on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, but not for opposing the war.

"Monster-in-Law" raked in more than $23 million last weekend as the top-grossing movie across the country, according to Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc. and Nielsen EDI Inc. In the film, Fonda plays Jennifer Lopez's villainous prospective mother-in-law, trying to stop Lopez from marrying her son.

Sal Mancuso, an Elizabethtown resident, said he personally thanked Boutwell for not showing the film.

"I think Vietnam veterans appreciate this," said Mancuso, who fought in the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam war. "There is no defense for what she did."

Boutwell also banned previous Jane Fonda films, as well as Michael Moore's film, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 01:28:27 AM »

Good for Ike Boutwell, Hanoi Jane's and Michael Moore's films are garbage anyway. Grin

Feeling great, in the arms of Jesus.
Bob

Zephaniah 3:19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 11:38:51 AM »

Should we judge?  Much water has gone over the dam since Vietnam. Even Congress declared it a waste.

Christians should be forgiving and only present Christ to the world. "Love one another and all men as much as is possible."

Christ hung on the cross for all. He is not ours exclusively.

Pray for awareness and obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ, if it hasn't happened already.

Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

ollie

« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 11:41:18 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the