Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:46:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Openly gay bishop--abomination that causes desolation??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Openly gay bishop--abomination that causes desolation??  (Read 3836 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 03:19:02 PM »

So, Mr 5020, what about someone who thinks they may have a tendency to be gay? Not necessarily a hundred per cent open gay, but someone who is attracted, sometimes, to members of the same sex? If they were not in a relationship, or were in a heterosexual relationship, could they belong to a church?

First off, I don't think I've properly welcomed you into the forum, so, welcome.  I hope you're blessed.

Now, if no one in the entire church knows of these sinful tendencies, then of course you would be welcomed into the church.  Jesus makes it clear though, that evil thought can be sin, not only actions.

Matthew 5:27-28
"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'  But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
John the Baptist
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 06:11:55 PM »

Hi, does one remenber that Jesus came to His OWN denomination first? John 1:11. And check this verse in Matt. 5-6? These folk looked like the REAL thing'ees! (not openly gay)

In every appearence that todays 'c' 'clubs' talk christian stuff, they would realy look like 'in the closet gays' beside Apostate Israel. (like gold to clay?) From looking properous on the surface to being a 'openingly gay bishop' is quite a stretch, huh? But notice what the Master said in verse 15 & 16 ibide.

Remember that He sent a LAST MESSAGE to Israel of old before their door of probation was forever closed! Matt. 25:10.

Christ said: "And whosoever shall not receive you, [nor hear your words'] when ye depart out of that house or city, shake the dust off of your feet. Verily [I say unto you, it shall be MORE TOLERABLE FOR THE LAND OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH IN THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT,] than for [THAT CITY]." (or that person or persons!! Cry Cry)

Day of JUDGEMENT is mentioned in 1 Peter 4:17. And these ones in this verse of Matt. are by [FAR THE WORSE] than even the openly that Christ speaks of! Compare with Luke 12:47-48 for who will burn the longest!? Both are lost in this state, yet, the GUILT requires the 'professed' Christian the greater punishment! See Obad. 16.

Now, for a question about women who ARE REAL CHRISTIAN WOMEN, compared to professed christian men who are in the 'closed' closet as they have advocated? Who do [you women] posting here think that God would use of the two? See Joel 2:27-28, 0r Luke 2:36 And be sure to read Acts 21:8-*9! Smiley

Perhaps we will see a wo'men come forward rather than a woman, huh? Wink

---John
LdyBluEyez79

Luke 1:79

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2003, 04:55:43 PM »

So, Mr 5020, what about someone who thinks they may have a tendency to be gay? Not necessarily a hundred per cent open gay, but someone who is attracted, sometimes, to members of the same sex? If they were not in a relationship, or were in a heterosexual relationship, could they belong to a church?

It doesn't matter if it is a little bit or a whole bunch... The Lord knows either way.  And He does not approve..  (I say this only from what I have read and understand in the KJV Authorized Bible)

There, but for the grace of God, go I.   Smiley
John the Baptist
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2003, 05:03:21 PM »

James 1:15 teaches that it is not the temptation that is sineful, but the act itself. FINISHED! (in thought or action)
The Converted MIND it to control the body! Phil. 4:14 & 2 Cor, 12:9 Evil tendencies are not sin!

It doesn't matter if it is a little bit or a whole bunch... The Lord knows either way.  And He does not approve..  (I say this only from what I have read and understand in the KJV Authorized Bible)
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2003, 07:29:26 PM »

God said that an abomination that causes desolation will be set up in the temple. The immediate prophesy was idols being set up in the 2nd Jewish temple in around 70AD. Does that take the form of a homosexual in the pulpit in the final days?
Nope
John the Baptist
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2003, 09:02:58 PM »

God said that an abomination that causes desolation will be set up in the temple. The immediate prophesy was idols being set up in the 2nd Jewish temple in around 70AD. Does that take the form of a homosexual in the pulpit in the final days?
Nope

Hi Hitch, John here:
Hope that you do not mind me not being in agreement with this one post
?
In Matt. 10:5-6 we see Christ's command to go to the LOST SHEEP of the HOUSE (DENOMINATION) OF ISRAEL. In Matt. 23:38 CHRIST SAID THAT YOUR HOUSE (DENOMINATION) [IS LEFT UNTO YOU *DESOLATE!] This IS THE ABOMINATION THAT MADE ISRAEL DESOLATE! They had a 'seven year time period' from 27-34AD. They HAD the Master Himself there is PERSON! (the Holy Ghost was sent back to UPLIFT CHRIST + other things after His departure)

OK: DESOLATE. Israel of old was Christ's OWN! Matt. 25 compares them with Virgins, check verse 1 with the kingdom of heaven! (in Virgin Doctrines only) Yet, there was even in heaven a REBELLION! And in heaven too was a SHUT DOOR OF PROBATION!

Regardless: When Christ was PUT OUT OF HIS DENOMINATION, IT WAS DESOLATE! In Isa. 5 we see Gods Vinyard. (denomination) The whole chapter is good! But notice in verse 3 the Word of God states,  "..JUDGE, I PRAY YOU, {BETWIXT ME AND MY VINEYARD]." (verse 7 tells you who is vineyard is!

So, Israel choose Christ Virgin denomination over Christ! CHRIST WAS PUT OUT, REJECTED, AND THEIR DENOMINATION BECAME DESOLATE OF CHRIST. OK??

But, that is not ALL! Who came to the rescue? Who now became their NEW LEADER? Read Rev. 3:9 & then see if you can figure out Gen. 4:7. When Cain's rebellion became MATURE, (he to had Christ talking to him in person) then whose DESIRE took him over when the Holy Spirit left him?

---John
++++++    
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2003, 10:22:08 PM »

Hmmmm I really cant see how anything in your post shows agreement or disagrrment with my monosylabic reply to the original. Any proximty escapes me altogether.

If you're saying there isnt much of the presence of God in the Episcopal Church ,I'd be inclined to agree but its unlikely Dan had  21st century Epicopalian ethics in mind, looking forward to the cross ,as he was.

Take care

Hitch

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2003, 12:00:23 AM »

Funny, but he is a "divorced homosexual." he has 2 children and the episcopal denomination also frowns on such in their leaders.

I think its encouraging as the apostasy prophecied is coming true right in front of us.

aw
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the