Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Watch out for the Passion...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Watch out for the Passion...  (Read 1771 times)
desertmouse

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2004, 03:49:53 PM »

Just a warning as I posted on the LONG thread on the passion... just think about what the truth is... I really encourage you to go and read this article

http://2tim4.topcities.com

Just a different perspective with all the hype out there.

God bless
Mouse
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 04:45:55 PM »

Actually, it is a "different" perspective for this board Smiley And it is a perspective which is making its own kind of "hype."

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 12:08:58 PM »

DesertMouse,

Thanks for the link. Just another confirmation from another "trumpet blower" that this movie is not of the spirit of God.

You will find vey few evangelicals who share your concerns, but continue to sound the alarm!

Psalm 119

(I guess all roads do lead to Rome!)
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 10:54:57 AM »

A second person has died from a heart attack after viewing The Passion. Coincidence?

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9049690%255E13762,00.html

Psalm 119
Corpus
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 01:59:16 PM »

Alternatively...

Man confesses to murder after
viewing ‘Passion of the Christ’

Texan charged with staging ‘suicide’
of his 19-year-old pregnant girlfriend

Dan R.  Leach, in a photo released by the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department, allegedly confessed to his girlfriend's murder after seeing "The Passion of the Christ."
The Associated Press

Updated: 12:51 p.m. ET March  26, 2004HOUSTON - A man who had gotten away with murder confessed to police after seeing “The Passion of the Christ” and talking with a spiritual adviser, authorities say.

Dan R. Leach’s viewing of Mel Gibson’s cinematic depiction of the last hours of Jesus, along with the discussion with a family friend, led him to walk into the Fort Bend County sheriff’s department earlier this month and confess to killing Ashley Nicole Wilson, Detective Mike Kubricht said Thursday.

A coroner had ruled her death by hanging a suicide.

Wilson’s body was discovered Jan. 19 in her apartment near Richmond, southwest of Houston. All physical evidence pointed to suicide, Kubricht said, and the 19-year-old had gone off anti-depressant medications because she was pregnant.

The pregnancy apparently was the motive, Kubricht said, because Leach believed he was responsible and did not want to raise a child.

Leach, 21, wore gloves and left none of his own DNA behind, Kubricht said.

“He was very, very meticulous,” Kubricht said. “It was very well-planned and well executed.”

He was arrested Tuesday, a day after his indictment for murder, and remained in county jail on $100,000 bond. He was expected to get a court-appointed attorney, Kubricht said.

“Something (the adviser) said, between that and the movie, he felt in order for him to have redemption he would have to confess his sin and do his time,” Kubricht said.

Leach faces up to life in prison if convicted.

© 2004 The Associated Press.
new_self

body piercing saved my life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 03:14:07 PM »

Here is good perspective on the matter  http://www.livingwaters.com/articles_ray_archive/articles_ray_04-03-16_venompreachers.shtml  check it out Smiley

new_self

"No one can read the Gospels witout feeling the actual presence of Jesus.His personality pulsates in every word.No myth is filled with such life."  -Albert Einstein.The Saturday Evening Post:October 26th,1929
Corpus
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 05:08:53 PM »

newself,

Right he is. Somebody looking for the 'perfect' film that satisfies everyone's perception of scripture will never truly find it. People need to ask if the film has transformed lives for the better and brought people closer to Christ. The following testimonials are from people who understand very well the differences between Catholics and Protestants.

Passionate Reviews from Christian Leaders

Billy Graham   "I  was moved to tears.  I doubt if there has ever been a more graphic and moving presentation of Jesus' death and resurrection..."

Pat Robertson   "Without question, this is the finest work that has ever been done on this subject."

Dr. James Dobson   "It is deeply moving - a film that must be seen."  

Dr. James Kennedy "The most intense and moving motion picture I have ever seen.  I have no doubt that many lives will be changed as a result of seeing it."  

Focus on the Family   "This is God's movie," Gibson said after a screening at Focus on the Family in August.  "The Holy Ghost was running the show.  I was just directing traffic."  

Deacon Keith A  Fournier    Viewing 'The Passion' is an encounter with Love Incarnate.  

Bill Bright   5,000 pastors cheer 'The Passion'

Jack Hafford  I found it deeply moving, factually accurate and unprejudiced in its presentation.

Chonda Pierce:   I saw I heard a weeping voice say, "I'm sorry, Lord.  Forgive me, Lord."  Our cries became part of the soundtrack..."

Rick Joyner   "The acting, directing, and overall quality of the movie is excellent, but there is more to it than that. There is an anointing on it."

Tim LaHaye   "No film in my lifetime has the potential of impacting more people with the world's greatest story than 'The Passion'. "

Ted Haggard    'The Passion of The Christ' is Historically Accurate, Not Anti-Semitic

Bill Yount   "I saw angels of healing descending upon theaters to minister to people's spirit, soul and body.  

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 06:46:53 AM »

new_self,
Thank you for that link! That was an interesting article!
An excerpt:
You may be aware that Hollywood has produced a blockbuster movie centered on the things of God. You may also know that it was directed and produced by a Roman Catholic. While the film was based on Scripture, it contained a number of scenes that cannot be corroborated by the Bible. The movie I am referring to is the ever-popular Cecil B. DeMille's "The Ten Commandments," staring Charlton Heston. Mr. DeMille was a Roman Catholic, and he took artistic license by portraying Moses as having a romance while he was in Egypt, and actually disguising himself as a Hebrew slave to tread out bricks. I am sure that when the film was released, most Christians rejoiced that from the pit of an immoral industry, godless minds were suddenly reminded that there was a God and that He had a holy Law.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the