Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ancient Chinese Language Supports Creation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Chinese Language Supports Creation  (Read 2073 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2006, 11:29:06 PM »

Ancient Chinese Language Supports Creation

One of the primary characteristics which separates human behavior from animals is the ability to transfer abstract concepts to another human via written language. The Bible teaches that this ability came directly from a creator God and states that the vastly different languages of the world are a result of the confusion of one original language during an event known as the tower of Babel. Our English word babble (meaning gibberish, chatter, nonsense) has it roots in this event. If this event was a factual, historical happening, there would be clues in ancient writing for such important events such as the creation of man, the fall of man, the existence of a creator (God) and a deceiver (Satan), the world wide flood, and the dispersion of man (at the tower of Babel).

Knowledge of all of these events can be found not just in the Bible but through the ancient writing of people throughout the world. One of the more interesting clues can be found within the very characters of the ancient Chinese letter symbols. Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism dominate the religious beliefs of China today but 2000 years before the appearance of any of these religious beliefs the ancient Chinese served a single creator god known as "Shang Ti".

Ancient Chinese writing consisted of a series of word pictures or pictographs, which combined simpler features to express an idea or concept. The symbol for Shang Ti (God) is a combination of the symbol for emperor and the symbol for heaven (or above).

Thus, the original God worshiped by the Chinese was a single heavenly emperor (not a plurality of many gods).

The Bible describes the creation of man as God having formed him from the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life. The Chinese symbol for create is a combination of person (or breath), dust, walking, and alive.

Thus, to create is to bring a person from dust to life and have it walk.

The Bible describes the devil as the great deceiver who first tempted mankind during a private conversation among the trees of the Garden of Eden. The Chinese symbol for Devil is a combination of alive, man, garden, and secret {i.e. something alive tells man a secret in a garden}. Even more revealing is the symbol for tempter. This symbol adds devil to trees and cover.

Thus, the great tempter is a devil telling man a secret under trees.

The Bible describes a world wide flood catastrophe in which all human life with the exception of eight individuals on a floating vessel were destroyed. The Chinese symbol for boat is vessel, eight, and people.

Thus, a boat is eight people onboard of a vessel!

The Bible describes that man was told to spread out over the earth after the worldwide flood yet he rebelled and built a tower to his own glory. God ended this rebellion by confusing man's languages so that they set out and journeyed across the globe in different language groups. Interestingly the Chinese chose to use the identical symbol for confusion and rebellion...a combination of tongue and right leg (or journey).

Thus, to confuse is to set out on a journey with a new tongue (or language).

Many more examples can be found in an excellent book by C.H. Kang and Ethel Nelson called The Discovery of Genesis.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Josprel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 11:51:11 AM »

A very interesting article. I enjoyed reading it.  Thanks,

Josprel
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 12:02:42 PM »

Yes very interesting indeed.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Chyna

Blessings and Light,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »

Thanks so much for this informative and interesting post. As a person who is fascinated by China, married to a Chinese, and who worked on the mission field there for five years, your post is very intriguing. I talked with a Chinese minister during my second year over there about similar themes. It is all quite fascinating, as is the ancient Chinese language.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 05:38:48 AM »

You're most welcome.

I have never been to China but I have been to many areas overseas. The closet I came to China was in Hong Kong while it was still under the British. All of the different countries were fascinating to me. It was especially fascinating and very pleasing to see God working with and in so many people of different cultures.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the