Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:47:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do Christians unite on ChristiansUnite?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Do Christians unite on ChristiansUnite? Or do they divide against each other?
Unite - 5 (41.7%)
Divide - 4 (33.3%)
other - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do Christians unite on ChristiansUnite?  (Read 2086 times)
JitC
« on: August 03, 2004, 05:51:40 AM »

Do Christians unite on ChristiansUnite? Or do they divide against each other?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 06:38:16 AM »

O-T-H-E-R Grin

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 06:47:29 AM »

All of the above......

Just like kin folk!  Grin

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 09:50:37 AM »

Do Christians unite on ChristiansUnite? Or do they divide against each other?
.Christians should be united here in learning and study and a bringing together of the differing thoughts on the Bible. To ponder and reason over. We should be able to come and reason together. Most are united in discussing, but many are divided on points in the discussions.
Sometimes it is heated and a human weakness can set in and allow it to become personal. The result can be aimed at the person instead of the doctrine. The biggest problem being the authority of the Bible as the word of God complete and final versus men wanting to add their traditions.

Isaiah 1:18.  Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
 19.  If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
 20.  But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Would you have any suggestions or words of encouragement on the unity of Christians at Christians Unite? How about the unity of Christianity in general?

Ollie
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 09:53:58 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 01:52:38 PM »

I voted ~> Unite... I did this becasue I hope and Pray we all Follow Jesus here!

Blessings,  \o/

child_of_God_2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 02:18:47 PM »

I voted unite. I agree with Ollie. We are supposed to be united and not devided. Last night was my first night on Christiansunite.com. One thing that I keep seeing is how upset people were getting over their interpretation of what the bible says. Two particular people and I won't mention any names kept hashing back and forth at each other. I was actually rather frustrated with the whole thing not to mention very confused. To someone that is new to Christianity, some of the posts could actually turn the person away from Christianity all together. For the most part, the posts were great and uplifting, but those that aren't can really hurt not just the person the post was intended for put those of us reading it. Now I don't mean to get down on anyone about this. I am just stating my opinion here. We should be united. It is one thing to discuss the bible but it is another thing to allow our flesh to take over, because when that happens, someone ends up getting upset or gets hurt feelings and may even turn away from God all together. That would kind of defeat the purpose of the discussions all together. Right?

Anyways, God Bless You all,
Christina
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 07:27:11 AM »

To be Christ like in our discussions and studies should be the goal and obey that one commandment that fulfills all the law, "to love one another". Sometimes we all fall short. However, in Christ one can overcome shortcomings.

Support your local Christian.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 12:30:39 PM »

To be Christ like in our discussions and studies should be the goal and obey that one commandment that fulfills all the law, "to love one another". Sometimes we all fall short. However, in Christ one can overcome shortcomings.

I "LOVE" You Ollie Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 04:48:06 PM »

Amen!!  

John 15:12!!! Grin

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn

PS, clicky the Moving John 15:12!!!  Grin

digme
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 05:50:36 PM »

just go read the election thread and decide there for yourselves
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 06:26:43 PM »

just go read the election thread and decide there for yourselves

Huh???  I don't get it digme.  Embarrassed

House Of Three

A llama? I don't think so...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 12:26:24 PM »

Do Christians unite on ChristiansUnite?

Much better than at other Christian discussion rooms I've been at before this....More thoughts to come...Smiley
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 12:08:39 AM »

Ok, here goes for agreeing to diagree.......divided sometimes, and unite on others, yes we should find a way to agree. But ya know if someone says something that isn't bibical then we can't unite with that. TROLLS are nasty little critters aren't they. Kinda reminds me of when my brothers and I were children, we'd about kill each other but you get a stranger in the mix, doing the same thing and we'd come together and about kill them. (not literally you all understand there Grin)
     I do think we need to find a way of disagree NICELY, and like someone else said, Christian Unite is one of the nices places I've been too. There is much worse, but I can say not any better, this is the best. We got us some might fine good moderators on this here site and I believe that is the difference compared to some other places I've been too.
hand spanking for our moderators ya all........ Tongue
musicllover

musicllover
JitC
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 02:58:27 AM »

...yes we should find a way to agree. But ya know if someone says something that isn't bibical then we can't unite with that.
You can still love (or unite with) people even if you don't agree with their doctrine. You don't need to mock people or be sarcastic. Jesus didn't mock anybody. He wasn't sarcastic either. He showed love, even to people who didn't have the doctrine right. The people he showed the most disdain for were hipocrites; people who new what was right, but didn't do it; people who claimed to have faith, but didn't really have any. Yet even those people He didn't mock or show sarcasm towards. So why should we?
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 03:14:22 PM »

...yes we should find a way to agree. But ya know if someone says something that isn't bibical then we can't unite with that.
You can still love (or unite with) people even if you don't agree with their doctrine. You don't need to mock people or be sarcastic. Jesus didn't mock anybody. He wasn't sarcastic either.

No sarcasism intended, its my honest opionion that if someone comes here proclaiming that Jesus is not Lord, abortion is good, or anything contrary to scriptures  etc etc etc.... that I DO NOT unite with them, plain and simple. The scriptures tell us to have nothing to do with them...... I am not mean, nor do I mock them.

musicllover
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 08:27:09 AM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the