Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286814 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Worship Music in this century
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worship Music in this century  (Read 4154 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 10:19:56 PM »

http://www.dennisjernigan.com/testimon.asp

the song is "you are my all in all" written by Dennis Jerningan... I don't think most people realize what the guy is singing about... i know i sure didn't until i heard about it about 6 years ago while i was in college... and the first time i heard it i was in tears...that  is what a song is all about.. in my opinion, it epitomizes what a song does and should do because the story behind it carries exactly what a song appropriates in terms of emotions when the music is deeply felt in one's heart... and that my friends is one of the reasons why i am so so against key change... because it doesnot do any good for the congregation... yes it might do something for the musician but i am going to go on a hunch, - 90% of the time it is a distraction to the congregation... just ask around next time people.  unfortunately, i can't say that about "our God is an awesome God" or "Shout to the Lord" or recently i heard a jokester song dubbed by the name "the airplane song" written by a guy named David Thorpe... what a joke!!! you have to be kidding me sometimes that people are coming with the lyrics that they do....

all in all,
a)i wish more hymns were sung in their old melodic ways, OH I LOVE HOW AMY GRANT SINGS THE HYMNS IN HER NEW CD... that i deem a perfect example to what could happen when you take the old hymns don't change their melody or beat but just sing them with different array of instruments... you know sometimes i hear "the wonderous Cross" sung in some type of beat associated to it? What a Crock i say!

That is a POWERFUL testimony isn't it. Thanks for sharing this with us. I wonder what other song's back grounds are. Joni Eckerson Tada has a book out about how/ why songs were written I've always wanted it. Plus its about the beautiful hymns that I recalled from the few Sundays I acctually attended Church as a child.  When I sing, and play I try to make the song mine, my testimony so to speak. THat is why I might skip key changes or add a diff word, might change the key......its me singing to Jesus in the way that I feel he would appreciate, and that gives him the glory for any talent he has given me.
    MAN this makes me want to go practice, I HAVE a  praise report I'll throw in here, my guitar wasn't tuning right, so I took it to the music shop to have the neck adjusted (12 string), after checking it out they told me it was ruined, a fault in the way it was made at Fender, Fender at first refused to acknowledge their bad craftmanship.......but finally my music shop kept after then, and Fender decided to replace my guitar with a brand NEW ONE........JOY OF ALL JOYS, I can go get my new back baby tomorrow.......
 musicllover

musicllover
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 04:04:52 AM »

Personally, I hate keychanges in the middle of a song, unless of course the song is written that way. Taking a song and adding the keychange makes me NUTS. Mostly because the key change is usually up, and I can't go any higher in a lot of songs. Aslo, from my experience, with the key change comes a tempo change and to be frank, I kind'a like to breathe every now and then between words, lol.

This is one of my favourite songs, from a probably unknown artist (Deborah Bowman) - the link opens the song

http://www.breadsite.org/music/Peaceful%20Flowing%20River.mp3

Gracey
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 04:05:31 AM by Gracey » Logged

†† Guided by God ††
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the