Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:58:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A novel idea.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A novel idea.  (Read 3270 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 07:37:51 AM »

If I had a family like Raymond – I may have gone postal!!!

LOL! If I had a mother like Raymonds, I could probably make going postal look like a mini trip  Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 06:47:23 PM »

Support your local Christian.
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 07:13:56 PM »

aw that pic is so precious!

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2004, 11:47:34 AM »

Hmmm, well, no this isn't exactly what I had in mind, actually.  I wanted some real down-home whining going on here.  No one seems to be obliging me.

Thank you for yours, rafter.  I wouldn't call that whining.  Just a real reason to want to vent.  After all, that's what your dad is doing, tho he's not choosing a very good way to do it, I guess.  These are difficult situations.

No, I was thinking of more of just a pity-party, where we all nod in silent approval of each other, and say, "There, there child, God loves us just the way we are."

Undecided

So I guess I'll just go do the froggy dance.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 04:56:47 PM »

Hmmm, well, no this isn't exactly what I had in mind, actually.  I wanted some real down-home whining going on here.  No one seems to be obliging me.
No, I was thinking of more of just a pity-party, where we all nod in silent approval of each other, and say, "There, there child, God loves us just the way we are."

Undecided

So I guess I'll just go do the froggy dance.

Don't leave! I'll play!  Cool

In Psalm 131, David says he does not involve himself in great matters, or concern himself with things too difficult for him. But aren't there things too small for us as well? Not that we are too good for little things, but it is often the little stuff that can drag us down.

I just got finished rearranging our dishwasher. What is WRONG with this family? Don't they know, the little plates don't go on the bottom rack, and the giant bowl gets washed by hand 'cause it takes up so much dishwasher space...and who put all these sticky things on a rack? It'll never come clean without scrubbing! And if its NOT clean when they need to put it away...they'll just put it BACK IN the dishwasher (like that's gonna solve the problem?)
Coincidentally, I also just finished sorting our cups and glasses. Whoever put mugs away last night must have been having an out-of-body experience at the time, 'cause they sure got things mixed up! When will these people learn, "Mugs on the top shelf, glasses on the bottom, plastic cups in a compact stack to the left of the instant coffee..." And no one ever seems to stack the green plastics together. Oh, no. Don't they see, if they stack haphazardly, it takes up so much more space...they do the same with the cereal bowls...

I'm not going to describe all that needed fixed in the laundry room...

And what a group of water-wasters in this house! Why does a human need a full gallon of water just to wash their hands?? I asked my sister once. She says, "But the soap ain't off my hands yet."

Well, po' chil', if it ain' clean by now, you jus' have to lick the rest off.

Once my sis, in a hurry, washed her hands in 5 seconds. She is still recovering from the emotional trauma of being suddenly hugged by a rejoicing sibling.

Fine. I am a control freak. You have to be, when you live with wild animals. There would be utter chaos if I wasn't. What if the towels went in the wrong places in the hall closet? There's such a delicate balance behind that little door! What if the trash didn't get sorted? Its terrible to think what that would do to America's bulging landfills! What if someone put the bread loaf in a different spot, or forgot to get milk? What if our planet's water resources were used up by a person who wanted their hands too clean? This is life and death here!

Is that what you wanted, Symphony? Is it all right? I can whine about something else, if its not right.  Undecided

Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 05:06:01 PM »

...And I forgot the "thing" with the INTERNET!!

Why is it that I clean house all day while someone sits on their bum at the computer, and when I finally try to sneak a minute of Internet time, the bum-sitter is wailing that they "want online" or "need to use the phone"...nevermind that they've been amusing themselves in the tropical paradise of google.com while I've been matching their socks...

And if I'm in my bedroom trying to get online, someone saunters out to the kitchen 'puter and connects to the Internet, without even thinking about Cinderella, and instantly my webpages are cancelled (the ones I've been trying to load for awhile - GONE!)

And if at last I manage to sneak online without interruptions, our Internet service is having a majorly bad hair day and I can't stay connected anyhow.

Mr. Al Gore, if you really are responsible for the Internet, I'd like to have a word with you privately.

Cheesy

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 05:45:28 PM »

Okay, here's a REAL reason to whine:

We have three cats, and somehow, I've been able to focus all my kitty-hate on just one. The white one. He is too slow to get out of my way, and too stupid to realize that I'm about to stomp on him (I never kick cats. Honest.  Roll Eyes). He slinks around with a puzzled look on his furry little face, and likes to growl. When he was younger (and smarter) he had a nasty temper, and would purposefully urinate on the laundry if punished or provoked. (It was on purpose. Believe me, I know.)

I don't hate him for these eccentricities. I hate him for his owner's.
The typical conversation between sis and White Cat:

Sis: "Aww, my cute puddle-wuddlums, iddn't he the adorablest kitty-witty-pitty-tat! Come to mama! Oh my sweetheart!"

Cat: grrrrowl

Sis: "Aww, look quick, he's doing something cute!!" (Cat is just standing there...looking stupid...) "He's the cutest-wutest kitten in the whole house! In the whole world!"

Cat: grrrrrrowl

I thought people only talked to animals like that in cheap movies and children's comic books. But this is real life, and real annoying. Just the other day she invented a new word:

Snooklywooklywummypoos

*gasps for breath, gulps some water*

This poor beast already needs some kind of counseling. Does she have to make things emotionally worse for the cat? Does she have to kill whatever self-pride he has left in his declining years? Is this the reason for his continual look of reproach and uncertainty?

I saw White Cat just now. I said, "Hey, Cat." No poodly-woodlies. No wummy-pummies. Just Hey. For a moment, he and I connected. He looked startled that anyone could speak to him with such casual respect. Startled and relieved. I think he smiled. But then, he might have just heard the can opener...

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 05:57:37 PM »

Okay, here's a REAL reason to whine:

Grin

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 09:39:05 PM »

Oh my gosh Willowbirch!  I needed a good laugh! YAY!

I will probably reread those tomorrow...I can so relate, especially about the Cinderella complex.  I just try to remember what Jesus said about being a servant to others. And I just figure God sure as heck thought alot of me to make me such a servant.  Then I think of all the wonderful things just waiting in heaven for me because I'm a slave to 5 men. (ROFL). (4 little boys and one husband)

God Bless....
LMarsh
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2004, 09:18:36 AM »

ROFL Willow!

"Aww, look quick, he's doing something cute!!" (Cat is just standing there...looking stupid...)

ROFL!

If we are going to talk furry footed beasts I can play!

My daughter has a MALE cat named "Cuteness"

*grrrrowls*

Dont even get me started!  Lips Sealed

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2004, 04:13:14 PM »

My daughter has a MALE cat named "Cuteness"
No! Please! Spare me!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 04:17:16 PM by Willowbirch » Logged

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2004, 09:49:10 AM »

LOL!

I kid you not!  Embarrassed

Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 04:46:46 PM »

Are Symph and I the only ones who ever complain about petty things outside our prayer closets?   Lips Sealed

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2004, 07:15:15 PM »

Are Symph and I the only ones who ever complain about petty things outside our prayer closets?

LOL! Ever notice Symphony never actually DID whine?  Wink But your whines are too amusing!  Cheesy Can you actually stay upset when you know you're making folks happy?  Lips Sealed

LMarsh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2004, 10:30:32 PM »

Whine On/  Another EMPTY toilet paper roll seen After the fact / Whine Off.

Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the