Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:52:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A novel idea.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A novel idea.  (Read 3268 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2004, 12:19:36 AM »

This is for those who have a lot of self-pity, and don't know what else to do about it.  

Kind of a mutual admiration party, where we all sit around and feel sorry.   Roll Eyes

Okay, so, I guess that's about it.  Just go ahead and let'r rip.  Whatever sob stories you have, unload'm here.  We have all night, so just take your time.  

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 12:33:40 AM »

Reminds me of that show that used to be on TV---Hee Haw!! Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 07:59:53 AM »

This is for those who have a lot of self-pity, and don't know what else to do about it.

Bummer! I can't play!  Lips Sealed I've been too blessed and God is too good!  Cheesy

Ummmm, Symphony? Anything you need to unload?  Wink

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 08:16:41 AM »

LOL!

Bummer I can`t play either  Lips Sealed

How about a thread  using a different novel idea...

something like "THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH"  Cheesy

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 09:14:28 AM »

Hmmm, Well about some Frogs?? Tongue

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 09:41:50 AM »

I can't play either -

"This is the day the Lord has made, and I shall rejoice and be glad in it."

Every day....

Gracey   Grin

† God is so good! †

†† Guided by God ††
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 10:12:07 AM »

yea nateycakes!  symphony get off your sorry butt and do the froggy dance  Tongue

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 08:43:05 PM »

God is Good.. I fully belive and live by that,, but life on earth aint perfect.. im betting there are alot of things that we all could or maybe feel like venting about at times...lol.. I know i am blessed.  and i have Faith in God absolutley..  Guess im just saying that even being blessed.. and such...there are days when i vent,, or feel sorry for myself,. yes i come out of it after i pray and talk with a friend..God never promised Life on earth would be easy or without trial..so i think symphony's idea may just be a good place for some to let it out,, then feel better... talking out frustrations sometimes does a person a world of good,
Just my 2 cents worth..
Tigerlily

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 08:55:46 PM »

Tigerlily get off your sorry butt and do the froggy dance too  Tongue

*runs and hides*

TigerLily
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 09:03:59 PM »

*runs and hides*
lol thinking that since i knows you, that running and hidin be a good idea hehe,,,
i bet im not alone in needing to vent  at times,, actually i know im not alone on that "novel Idea"  Grin

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
rafter

I give up all controversy with God He is right!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 09:15:55 PM »

Can I vent about my father? I have just realized that I am always uneasy around him. He has always been like a keg of dynamite just waiting to go off. As a child I always felt like I was walking on egg schells around him. Still love him, but I honestly don't feel like I can connect with him. The one thing I want to connect with is always hit and miss. That would be the gospel. He will ask, but then will tear it all down. This really come to light the last couple of weeks. My mom just had her fourth stroke and we almost lost her last Mon. She went into cardiac arrest. I don't mind sitting with my mom, but my dad is a none stop talker and he is always tearing down. He blames the dr. the nurses, everyone. And that is just his way. Sometimes I feel like I don't ever want to see him again. But alas he is my father. And if you think this is a recent problem, it is not. He is 76 and I am 49. He bad mouths my sister, who has been doing a saintly job of taking care of my mom, and he has almost always bad mouthed my brother. I hate hearing it.
  And why I am at it I have a son in Baghdad who I anxiously want to get home in one piece. There is more, but not today. This is nice to vent. I am not asking for advice or even prayer.
  By the way it is joyous that God is God in all this. I trust and obey. I love the Lord with all might heart and I am not complaining, just venting.......... I am looking forward to His coming, I just hope I have the job done that He has for me to do before it is too late.  Love you all.        And God bless

Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests know unto God.
TigerLily
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 09:22:55 PM »

vent away rafter  Grin  im sorry your having to deal with this kinda thing.
Tigerlily

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 09:41:04 PM »

Rafter -
I have empathy for you.  FYI – I will be your age in about 3 weeks – and if my dad was still alive he would be nearing 75.  I guess you and me could have been in the same graduating class with the same father.
My dad had everything good to say about everyone except politicians, lawyers and himself.  He never put me down, but I used to get ticked listening to him rant.
Now I just miss him.  And I miss my mom.
You have every right to be ticked – I would be (was) too.  I tried everything – changing the subject, ignoring him – to no avail.  It seems fathers know sons better than sons know themselves.  How do they do that???
(PS – I don’t watch a lot of TV but your post sounds a little like the show “Everybody Loves Raymond”.)  If I had a family like Raymond – I may have gone postal!!!
May the Lord look after you and calm your heart –
Yours in Him,
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 07:05:24 AM »

*runs and hides*
lol thinking that since i knows you, that running and hidin be a good idea hehe,,,
i bet im not alone in needing to vent  at times,, actually i know im not alone on that "novel Idea"  Grin

your not alone, there are more like you?

I be in heap big trouble now   Lips Sealed

Tongue

Shylynne
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 07:32:27 AM »

ah fathers...I thought they were supposed to get on our last nerve and jump up and down and stretch it like a rubber band... Lips Sealed

k ignore my insanity  Embarrassed

I know no one needs my 5 cents worth, yea i think my thoughts are worth more than two cents  Grin
But I think there are two ways to deal with , sit and stew, or find a way to beat it ...(not suggesting beat dad over the head mind you lol) sorta discovered this little humor tactic by a funny little moment between my hubby and my father...

I have a dad who loves to vent (oh boy does he ever!)...and yes sometimes elderly people, being no different in nature than us need to feel validated too,  but sometimes when you just cant COPE with the ranting, humor does work.

One day my dad is here going over his usual lengthly tirade on ah...should I tell ...ah...on the french...(s`cuse him please)...my hubby is french too which makes it rather humorous...when hubby just speaks up rather loudly but with a grin...YEA JUST KILL EM ALL!...my dads jaw dropped, and he went speechless...well for a minute anyways lol...but it seemed to clear the air so to speak...anyways what i`m trying to say is finding the humor in the middle of stress, can sure defuse sparked nerves.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the