Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:42:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Liberal - Conservative
« previous next »
Poll
Question: How do you categorize yourself and why?
Liberal - Hard Line - 0 (0%)
Liberal - Moderate - 4 (25%)
Liberal - Tilted - 1 (6.3%)
Centrist - 0 (0%)
Conservative - Tilted - 0 (0%)
Conservative - Moderate - 5 (31.3%)
Conservative - Hard Line - 4 (25%)
Other - 2 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liberal - Conservative  (Read 3189 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2003, 01:01:48 AM »

I'm asking this question as an overall view of yourself, and these terms certainly pertain to more than just politics. Have a little bit of fun with this and tell us why you feel that you fit into a particular category.

In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 03:23:38 AM »

I said Conservative Moderate.  Why?  Because, while my views are highly conservative, both scripturally, spiritually, socially, and politically, I revel in my Christian liberty.  I'm conservative, but free.  That probably makes more sense to me than anyone else, but so it goes.  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 05:41:21 AM »

My answer was Conservative - Hard Line  
Reason: I am not in the Roman catholic religion Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 10:08:22 AM »

Man, Brother, your in a hateful mood today, aren’t you? Did ave get to you that much? Grin

I ditto everything Allinall said, I’m Conservative Moderate.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 01:14:21 PM »

My answer was Conservative - Hard Line  
Reason: I am not in the Roman catholic religion Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

DITTO Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 05:13:48 PM »

To thoughs that care I thought that I was Conservative - Hard Line, and still am on some subjects, but there is no way I could be as hate full as BL, and A4C, so I must vote conservative-moderate.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 05:34:34 PM »

To thoughs that care I thought that I was Conservative - Hard Line, and still am on some subjects, but there is no way I could be as hate full as BL, and A4C, so I must vote conservative-moderate.

Please dont cry Bro Cry

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 06:30:35 PM »

1 Corinthians 13
1   Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2   And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3   And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4   Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5   Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1COR 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 07:50:06 PM »

Thank you, my friend. It is nice to know there are non-Catholics who still know we are brothers.

As for the rest... I’ll be sure to stop my A4C’s mansion in heaven Grin

Luv ya both,
Chris

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 07:51:11 PM »

Thank you, my friend. It is nice to know there are non-Catholics who still know we are brothers.

As for the rest... I’ll be sure to stop my A4C’s mansion in heaven Grin

Luv ya both,
Chris

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2003, 08:19:35 PM »

I said Conservative Moderate.  Why?  Because, while my views are highly conservative, both scripturally, spiritually, socially, and politically, I revel in my Christian liberty.  I'm conservative, but free.  That probably makes more sense to me than anyone else, but so it goes.  Smiley
Ditto!  Grin And an "Amen", too!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2003, 08:29:46 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I voted Conservative - Moderate, and I love all of you. I don't think those smilies work very well, so I think I will just try to write it. Yes, I think that everyone who has posted in this thread so far belongs to Jesus, so they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. I know that Jesus would have us take our denominational tags off and simply ask "Is Jesus Christ your personal Lord and Saviour?" If the answer is "yes", we are to treat that person as a brother or sister in Christ with love. If the answer is "no", we are to treat that person with love and share Jesus with them. This isn't simply my idea, rather a new COMMANDMENT from our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. It is fairly obvious that we all fail in obeying this COMMANDMENT fairly often. I know that I fail, and I ask for forgiveness. This is something I have prayed about often recently, and I've prayed for forgiveness and assistance.

Most of my thoughts are old fashioned and colored heavily by the Word of God. I would be much happier if it was still the 40s or 50s in America, but I'll settle for the hope that Jesus will come again soon. In the meantime, I will "Keep Looking UP" and pray that God grants us grace, joy, and peace in HIS WORD and fellowship with HIS children.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2003, 09:57:33 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Is it possible that Christians many times say and do things that are inappropriate with other people?  YES

Is it possible that Christians many times let denominational tags blind them and fail to recognize a fellow brother or sister in Christ.  YES

Is it possible that Christians many times say or do things that don't build up God's children and don't draw the lost to Christ.  YES

Let me plead guilty first and ask you for forgiveness.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2003, 10:57:19 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

Brother, that makes perfect sense to me. I love your description and give thanks that Christ set us free from the curse of sin and death.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2003, 03:47:54 AM »

Tibby, Willowbirch and BEP,

Thanks guys!  And here I thought I was losin' it... Wink  I suppose I'll just add a thought here on the matter...

I don't know if Chris is saved, or Joy, or Tom.  I do know that I am saved, and that I can know others are by their fruits.  I can see good fruits in each of them.  Now, if I'm to recognize a brother in Christ by his fruits...what kind of fruits are A4C and BL displaying?  At times seemingly hateful, or seeking to divide.  But are they?  Or are they trying to unite?  I can also see good fruits in them.  I think sometimes we attribute "fruit" to "folly."  Nobody's perfect but Christ, and God is working that image in each one that He calls His own, according to His plan, and in His time.

My point is simply this: everyone that claims, and is claimed by Christ is a sinner saved by grace.  We have the blessed Holy Spirit indwelling our sinful flesh.  Maybe now I can understand what Paul meant when he said:

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Just a thought...

« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 03:50:04 AM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the