Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:27:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ACLU Bringing UN Into U.S. Law
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACLU Bringing UN Into U.S. Law  (Read 994 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2005, 01:16:41 AM »

Appeals Court Rejects Illegal Immigrants' Bid to Challenge Prop 200
By Melanie Hunter
CNSNews.com Senior Editor
August 11, 2005

(CNSNews.com) -- An appeals court has rejected a bid by illegal immigrants to overturn Arizona's Proposition 200, which requires the state to verify the immigration status of people applying for benefits and services they are not allowed to receive under federal law.

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals dismissed their challenge on the grounds that the illegal immigrants had no legal standing.

"We are delighted the Ninth Circuit has rejected this naked attempt to place the interests of illegal immigrants ahead of the democratic will of U.S. citizens in Arizona," said Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, in a press release.

"The question of legal standing has long been a barrier to American citizens seeking redress in the courts when their interests have been harmed by mass illegal immigration," Stein said.

"It is reassuring that the Ninth Circuit recognized illegal immigrants, as a class, should not have any more rights than citizens do, as a class. We believe even if the court had granted standing to the illegal aliens challenging Proposition 200, it would have been upheld on constitutional grounds," Stein added.

The voter-approved initiative also requires people registering to vote to prove they are U.S. citizens and present identification at the polls.

The Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), American Civil Liberties Union and the Mexican government - which filed the suit - plan to take the case "to the Supreme Court and even the UN," warned Perry Pendley of Mountain States Legal Foundation, who represented the voters' interests before the appeals court.

"In the past, MALDEF and other organizations have gotten a largely free ride in the courts for their illegal alien clients. With cooperative legal efforts like this between FAIR, Mountain States Legal Foundation, and the grassroots citizens groups, citizens are seeing the tide turn in the legal war against lawless mass immigration," said Mike Hethmon, FAIR staff counsel, in a statement.

"We worked closely with local groups in Arizona because we believe what they have done there can be a model for citizen action all across the country," said Stein.

"The Ninth Circuit's decision will undoubtedly be a tremendous boost to that effort as Americans use the political process to force government to control illegal immigration and to protect their interests and resources," Stein concluded.

Copyright © 1998-2005 CNSNews.com - Cybercast News Service

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 01:23:22 AM »

I was just getting ready to post this, as well Pastor Roger. Yes I voted for prop. 200, because the illegal immigrants had more rights then me.

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

Numbers 11:12 Have I conceived all this people? Have I brought them forth, that You should say to me, Carry them in your bosom, as a nursing father carries the sucking child, to the land which You swore to their fathers [to give them]?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 01:36:59 AM »

I was just getting ready to post this, as well Pastor Roger. Yes I voted for prop. 200, because the illegal immigrants had more rights then me.

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

Numbers 11:12 Have I conceived all this people? Have I brought them forth, that You should say to me, Carry them in your bosom, as a nursing father carries the sucking child, to the land which You swore to their fathers [to give them]?

And that is the way the ACLU wants it. Citizens are not supposed to have any rights, especially if they are Christians, according to them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 01:43:17 AM »

If the ACLU wins this battle in court they will receive a very large financial boost as they have from similar 'victories' in San Diego, Alabama and Virginia. When the ACLU wins their attorneys are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars by tax-payers.

The never ceasing flow of litigation against cities, states, and the federal government is nothing more than fund-raising stunts. Many of the ACLU’s victories come not because their complaint is just, but because the municipality budget is inadequate to match the abusive onslaught.

In New York, apparently the ACLU believes these searches are unconstitutional because they are random. Although the ACLU has also called metal detectors in airports an invasion of privacy. There is no pleasing the ACLU, because improving society or protecting the rights of American citizens is no longer its goal.

Now the ACLU is coming against the Constitutional duty of the United States government which requires the protection of citizens. What is in question here is the definition of freedom. Freedom comes with responsibility. The ACLU has become an anti-Christian, pro-terrorist, entity whose only goal is to get the headlines to keep donations rolling in.

The ACLU’s abuse of the legal system is criminal. For that reason Christians Reviving America’s Values is drafting a letter asking the US Congress to investigate the ACLU for widespread use of frivolous lawsuits.

I can't put the link up, because of donations asked for, on the site.
Bob

Acts 18:5 By the time Silas and Timothy arrived from Macedonia, Paul was completely engrossed with preaching, earnestly arguing and testifying to the Jews that Jesus [is] the Christ.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the