Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Okla. Parents Group Wants Profane Public School Library Books Pulled
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Okla. Parents Group Wants Profane Public School Library Books Pulled  (Read 1007 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2005, 01:07:38 AM »

Okla. Parents Group Wants Profane Public School Library Books Pulled

by Jim Brown
August 4, 2005

(AgapePress) - A group of Oklahoma parents is attempting to get objectionable books removed from school libraries statewide. Concerned mom Lynn Rahman began researching books in Tulsa school library collections and reading lists and found that many of the books contained emphases on homosexuality, sex, violence, drugs, and profanity.

After extending her probe statewide, Rahman says she encountered similar results. Now, along with other members of Oklahomans for School Accountability, she is alerting parents around the state to what kind of inappropriate material is in their children's school libraries. The effort is part of the group's ongoing campaign to get vulgar and profane library books removed from public schools across the state.

"The main objective is to let parents across the state know that these books are present in many schools," Rahman notes. Also, the parent-advocate says the group hopes to encourage other concerned parents to start challenging books they find objectionable. "That is our goal," she says. "All we want to do is provide the information, and they can always find it on our website."

The Oklahoma mom says she has done an extensive investigation into the sort of "egregious" content to be found in many of the books schools make available to youngsters to read there or check out and take home. Her survey revealed "books on homosexuality, books on rape, drugs, violence, foul language," she points out, "and most of them are fiction that I had found and that I have research on."

Rahman believes proponents of the controversial literature and those who defend its inclusion in school library collections are those who would like to indoctrinate young children with the belief that homosexuality is "natural and normal," among other false and unhealthy notions. She has written to state congressman Tad Jones, asking the lawmaker to bring the matter to the attention of the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
Jim Brown, a regular contributor to AgapePress, is a reporter for American Family Radio News, which can be heard online.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion03114.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2003 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

(Not just because I'm from Oklahoma - My Note:  I think that the people responsible for placing this filth around our children should be flogged in public, fired, and sent to jail).

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 01:16:23 AM »

(Not just because I'm from Oklahoma - My Note:  I think that the people responsible for placing this filth around our children should be flogged in public, fired, and sent to jail).
Are you running for public office? If so, you have my vote. Course I'd have to move to Oklahoma.

In God we trust.
Bob

Luke 17:19 And He said to him, Get up and go on your way. Your faith (your trust and confidence that spring from your belief in God) has restored you to health.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 01:58:59 AM »

Dreamweaver,

Someone would have gone to jail in Oklahoma not so long ago, and the school library would have been sealed for a full investigation. This is just another example of how quickly the moral fiber of our society has eroded.

Some of the younger folks on the forum will laugh about the following examples, but they are completely true. I also promise that I'm not over 100 years of age.  Cheesy

When I became an Oklahoma Police Officer in 1976:

1 - Adultery was a felony.

2 - Unlawful cohabitation was a misdemeanor and a trip to jail.

These are just a couple of examples. I might add there were numerous offenses involving obscenity of just about every kind around children as being a felony, and we sent folks to prison for violating them. Planned Parenthood and other ultra-liberal groups who push garbage on our children wouldn't have dreamed about trying it just 30 years ago.

Maybe we just need several dozen hanging judges.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

3 John 1:3-4 ASV  For I rejoiced greatly, when brethren came and bare witness unto thy truth, even as thou walkest in truth.  Greater joy have I none than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 02:10:58 AM »

Dreamweaver,

Someone would have gone to jail in Oklahoma not so long ago, and the school library would have been sealed for a full investigation. This is just another example of how quickly the moral fiber of our society has eroded.
I know you are right there. Todays society has gone down the toliet.

Some of the younger folks on the forum will laugh about the following examples, but they are completely true. I also promise that I'm not over 100 years of age.  Cheesy

When I became an Oklahoma Police Officer in 1976:

1 - Adultery was a felony.

2 - Unlawful cohabitation was a misdemeanor and a trip to jail.

These are just a couple of examples. I might add there were numerous offenses involving obscenity of just about every kind around children as being a felony, and we sent folks to prison for violating them. Planned Parenthood and other ultra-liberal groups who push garbage on our children wouldn't have dreamed about trying it just 30 years ago.
Unlawful cohabitation is a misdemeanor, in Arizona sitll. They are trying to get it off the books now.   Cry

Maybe we just need several dozen hanging judges.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

3 John 1:3-4 ASV  For I rejoiced greatly, when brethren came and bare witness unto thy truth, even as thou walkest in truth.  Greater joy have I none than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.
Judges like, Judge Roy Bean? Grin

God is Love
Bob

Deuteronomy 5:10 And showing mercy and steadfast love to thousands and to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 11:33:29 AM »

In Texas in the 60's the felony crime of sodomy was routinely reported on the local evening TV news.  You know what the media called sodomy back then?

Sodomy.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 10:01:04 PM »

In Texas in the 60's the felony crime of sodomy was routinely reported on the local evening TV news.  You know what the media called sodomy back then?

Sodomy.

JudgeNot,

Brother, many states still have these laws on the books, but they aren't enforced. The last I heard, Oklahoma still has all of them on the books, but the officers are instructed not to enforce them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 9:6-7 ASV  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 01:52:45 AM »

Hi all,

Great topic!

I too remember a time when material found in books caused something of a societal spat.  The solution then, was to simply burn all of the offensive material, so that no one would be exposed to their wickedness.

Of course, those people were Nazi's, and we had a bit of a row with them.

cheers,

Jimmy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 02:47:52 AM »

Hi all,

Great topic!

I too remember a time when material found in books caused something of a societal spat.  The solution then, was to simply burn all of the offensive material, so that no one would be exposed to their wickedness.

Of course, those people were Nazi's, and we had a bit of a row with them.

cheers,

Jimmy

Grin

Jimmy,

That sounds like a good plan. Let us know when you get the petition started.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 9:27-28 ASV  And inasmuch as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this cometh judgment;  so Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to them that wait for him, unto salvation.

JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 09:55:37 PM »

BEP,

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry to disapoint, but I don't think the petition will be comming from my end anytime soon.

Cheers,

Jimmy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the