Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:40:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286817 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Kerry, do you want him as pres
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kerry, do you want him as pres  (Read 7738 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2004, 12:42:10 PM »

There are many others attacking Bush, but I haven't received many of those.
Marv

You should see some of the e-mail I get. Attacking Bush,   I hardly get any attacking Kerry.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2004, 03:23:21 PM »

Marv,

The vast majority of folks could care less about a college fraternity 30+ years ago. If they did, I guess they would have to rule out voting for both, Kerry or Bush. It's a moot issue. If you wish to make it an issue, vote for someone else. To say that they have Geronimo's skull is ridiculous and juvenile. I can drive to Geronimo's grave site in a matter of minutes. Geronimo walked the streets of my home town, and all of him is still buried. All of this distortion is simply another example of a juvenile college fraternity. Don't vote for either of them if this childish stuff bothers you.

For me, the same is true of military records. If not, I would ask for Kerry to be tried as a traitor and giving aid and comfort to the enemy. However, this is a moot issue for me.

There is more than enough recent records and statements of the candidates themselves to make an informed decision. Some might want to know if the candidates cheated while playing marbles in their single digit years, but I could care less. Those who do look all the way back to childhood won't be voting for Kerry. Concentrating on the distant past for Kerry is an ugly picture. However, that might be his best picture.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Xith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »

Hehe, my applause to you Marv, but you have to know that it is useless to try and argue in support of Kerry on these boards.  I'm a Kerry supporter, he wasn't my first choice, not even my second really, but hey that is what I got dealt so I run with it.  Anyways, both sides have taken the candidate bashing way too far.  And both sides also seem pretty blind to the facts (and yes, I have read the news, and the files, and the backgrounds, blah, blah, blah, and both candidates could use some sprucing up).  

It's just the way the parties polarization has taken this election that is sad.  Both men could have been drug dealers involved with the mafia, but to each party their candidate would be right in doing so, "It was just a youtful indiscretion" they would cry.  Meanwhile the opponents activity in the same act would be and indication that they are a blight on society. You want to vote for someone?  Then listen to the debates, read the news (both sides), and ask questions.  The plus side of all this spin and mud slinging is that there is a wealth of information out there to justify or destroy both views.  I would suggest reading news that holds a middle ground, and then branching outwards. Any news media with a strong tie to either candidate is not gonna to present anyone with a complete truth.  Well that's my opinion anyways  Smiley.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2004, 07:39:59 PM »

Marv,

The vast majority of folks could care less about a college fraternity 30+ years ago. If they did, I guess they would have to rule out voting for both, Kerry or Bush. It's a moot issue. If you wish to make it an issue, vote for someone else. To say that they have Geronimo's skull is ridiculous and juvenile. I can drive to Geronimo's grave site in a matter of minutes. Geronimo walked the streets of my home town, and all of him is still buried. All of this distortion is simply another example of a juvenile college fraternity. Don't vote for either of them if this childish stuff bothers you.

For me, the same is true of military records. If not, I would ask for Kerry to be tried as a traitor and giving aid and comfort to the enemy. However, this is a moot issue for me.

There is more than enough recent records and statements of the candidates themselves to make an informed decision. Some might want to know if the candidates cheated while playing marbles in their single digit years, but I could care less. Those who do look all the way back to childhood won't be voting for Kerry. Concentrating on the distant past for Kerry is an ugly picture. However, that might be his best picture.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I have to agree with Tom on this, ya, and when I was a kid I kissed a boy behind a tree on the play ground. For being so secret, why do so many people seem to know about it. I reviewed the sites you offered, and ya there is alot to understand, alot of maybe's and maybe not. I had to laugh at the suggestion that Elder Bush was part of the Kennedy assination/conspriracy......lol. That is the first time I have ever heard of a bush being ivolved in the death of Kennedy, well unless you want to count the bushes growing on the grassey knoll.
     But to give you some room, NO I don't believe that a person needs to belong to any secret society, Mason, or otherwise.  Some people are very uneducated in what they join up with. The world has gotten so far away from what God wanted that some simply have NO idea what the clubs are that or the history behind these clubs.
     Kerry and Bush are our choices, I can not vote, but then I wouldn't have the right to debate. If you don't vote, my motto is keep your mouth shut. I don't really care what Pres Bush did 30 years ago, unless he was still do the same wrongs. We all know he use to drink to much, got a DUI and he has admitted to that. He is humon, same as Kerry, I still pick Bush. I would rather error on the side of God that error on the side against God. I do not trust Kerry to make God fearing judgements, I don't like the money that is support his campaigne, and probably will be controlling the white house as well.

musicllover

musicllover
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2004, 08:22:21 AM »

And both sides also seem pretty blind to the facts
Roll Eyes So if folks don't agree with you, then that makes them blind?
Surely you're not 'blind' to the fact that you, as a non-Christian, couldn't possibly understand a Christian's thinking? Wink

Both men could have been drug dealers involved with the mafia, but to each party their candidate would be right in doing so, "It was just a youtful indiscretion" they would cry.
Roll Eyes So if one HAD been a drug dealer involved with the Mafia and one IS a drug dealer involved with the Mafia, would it make a difference to you?

Reba
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2004, 09:33:43 AM »

Repeating ones own words is not bashing.
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2004, 06:02:03 PM »

Repeating ones own words is not bashing.

repeating ones words just means your looking for intelligant conversation....... Grin

Musicllover

musicllover
Reba
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2004, 06:23:01 PM »

Tongue
Xith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2004, 06:26:31 PM »

sincereheart, my post isn't stating "all those who disagree with me are blind".  My post is stating that both sides are blind, you and me.  I try not to take sides, but I can readily admit that I don't what exactly it is that Christians want, and I never stated that I did.  I am saying that both sides, of whichI am not stereotyping Christians as being on one side, I am referring to Democrats and Republican. Anyways, both sides need to stop arguing and start talking, surely there can be some sense in that.

As to your second comment, I am not sure I understand what you are alluding towards.  What I said was just an example to what I feel is a bias both parties have.  But to answer your question, if one did happen to be a drug dealer, and the other was just a former drug dealer, then yes there is a difference.  
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2004, 06:39:23 PM »

sincereheart, my post isn't stating "all those who disagree with me are blind".  My post is stating that both sides are blind, you and me.  I try not to take sides, but I can readily admit that I don't what exactly it is that Christians want, and I never stated that I did.  I am saying that both sides, of whichI am not stereotyping Christians as being on one side, I am referring to Democrats and Republican. Anyways, both sides need to stop arguing and start talking, surely there can be some sense in that.

As to your second comment, I am not sure I understand what you are alluding towards.  What I said was just an example to what I feel is a bias both parties have.  But to answer your question, if one did happen to be a drug dealer, and the other was just a former drug dealer, then yes there is a difference.  

Xith,
       So your not a Christian? How did you happen to come to a Christian site? Is there something that you would like to ask?
      I speak for me, others can speak for themselves as to what they want. I want a God fearing president, who isn't afraid to to show his faith, who will support the Christian principles, and doctrines of the bible in and out of the white house. Who believes in Jesus Christ as the only son of God, died and came back to life........and isn't afraid to let the world know that. Along with the health care issue, Iraq issues, homosexual issues, abortion issues, the economy, and the list goes on. The choice is between 2 men, and I pick the one who I feel will be the best man for the jobs I just mentioned. If Kerry had been that man I would be voting for him, some might say its not right that I would just jump the fence but I don't vote for a party I vote for the person who will be the most Christ like in his job as president of the USA, I can't help it that all those men have been on the Republican ticket.......this will get tomatoes thrown at me, but I didn't say it, my husband says you can't be a democrat and a Christian?. Sometimes it appears that way. But we all have to remember God looks at our heart, not who we voted for.

musicllover

musicllover
Xith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2004, 07:12:56 PM »

Thank you musicllover, that was an answer I was looking for.  I respect the fact that you make a choice made on your beliefs, which is fine by me.  Yes, I'm not a Christian, I happened to stumble across this board while looking for something else, and being the way I am I decided to post some.  I like to get an understanding of people from all points of view, it ensures I won't be ignorant if I were to speak to someone of that point of view (not meaning I like to argue, I just like to know where people are coming from).  

Anyways, I vote for people I think will do a good job as well, if they draw their morality from the Bible or from Buddah, or just from themselves, well it doesn't matter to me.  To me I think Bush would have been a better president if he had taken in more input from more than just his small group of friends.  I dislike that,  I dislike the war, and even though Saddam was an evil man, I dislike being told one thing and then presented another, to me it is bad policy.  Not admitting error is also bad policy in my opinion, there is a fine line between steadfast in ones actions and stubborn, I just believe he crossed that line.  I also live in a place that has a lot of government jobs, and a few years ago I worked at a temp agency.  When the deficeit rose and the unemployment rate increased, a lot of jobs were cut in the government sector.  We had an increase of around 250 extra temp employees to send out, and most we didn't have work for, so they sat on the benches we had outback.  Later when I went to apply for a job at the archives as a front desk clerk, I was in competition with over 370 people.  I lost out on the job to a person who had a masters degree in communications, he had worked in the capital building (in my state, not washington), and was now taking a job for $6.50 /hr .  To me, that is bad policy.  I have  a pretty long list, but in short that is why I am voting for Kerry, I just want to see a change in the administration.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2004, 08:05:59 AM »

A reference to:
Both men could have been drug dealers involved with the mafia, but to each party their candidate would be right in doing so, "It was just a youtful indiscretion" they would cry.
In the case of Bush, all the 'ugly' that's thrown around is from the time BEFORE he accepted Christ which DOES make a difference!  Smiley In Kerry's case; he doesn't seem to have changed from the time of his 'youthful indiscretions'... Lips Sealed

To me I think Bush would have been a better president if he had taken in more input from more than just his small group of friends.
Don't we all take 'input' from those we trust?  Huh

I dislike the war,....
I've never met anyone who DOES like war.  Smiley

Anyways, I vote for people I think will do a good job as well, if they draw their morality from the Bible or from Buddah, or just from themselves, well it doesn't matter to me.
In a predominately Buddhist country, most likely a Buddhist leader. In a Muslim country, most likely a Muslim leader. In a Christian country, I wouldn't want a Muslim or a Buddhist or a non-Christian leader. Though we do seem to be heading in those directions.  Smiley

I also live in a place that has a lot of government jobs, and a few years ago I worked at a temp agency.  When the deficeit rose and the unemployment rate increased, a lot of jobs were cut in the government sector.
Bush did all that in how long? He's been in office for 3.5 years and you said 'a few years ago' so it couldn't have been a problem caused by Bush.  Huh

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2004, 11:22:19 PM »

I've never met anyone who DOES like war.

'cept Yosemite Sam, sincereheart.

Lips Sealed
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2004, 07:45:45 PM »

Ok, you all this is not absolute proof, have NO idea if this is real, BUT it came to me from a very good friend, who I trust so take it or leave it. Just more proof to me we do NOT need Kerry in the white house.

musicllover

Kerry Stop in Canonsburg, PA

Subject:  Kerry Coverage~
Hi! Received this from a very good friend in PA. she wants everyone to know what she saw.  

Good Tuesday morning!  John Kerry brought his "front porch meeting" to our Canonsburg, PA neighborhood on Labor Day morning.  Since you will never hear the truth from the TV or print media I thought that you should know from someone who was `almost' there.  

The residents who live on the street where the event took place were not allowed to attend.  Kerry shipped in approximately 90 invitation only VIPs.  In addition, there was a hard luck case who was about to lose her job at USAIR and another was an elderly woman who was having
health care problems.  Neither one was from this neighborhood. The street was closed to all traffic the night before and all residents on the street were REQUIRED to remove their Bush/Cheney signs.  

The sympathetic police officers on duty told us that Kerry used imminent domain to claim the street for his purposes.  Residents who have homes within the perimeter (approximately 1 full block) were kept behind a line away from the partisan crowd.  The rest of us were not allowed within the 1 block cordon.  A neighbor from across the street came to the line where we were being kept and asked us to come onto his property.  The police told us that we could stand on this mans FORMERLY private property!  This was set up so that Kerry's views could be heard - but not the neighbors.  About 30 peoples (mostly neighbors) shouts echoed down the street "Let the neighbors in".  

We could barely hear Kerry speaking with his microphone because press buses were used to block us off  from view!  This mornings papers are reporting  hecklers tried to interrupt Kerry as he spoke to the neighborhood gathering, but he turned our chants to his favor by calling us rude.  Even though most of the media was there to record our stories of not being included in the neighborhood forum,  not one of them printed or aired the truth.  This is what America will look like if Kerry becomes president.

Get registered and get all of your friends registered to vote if they have not already.  Kerry thinks that he is better than the rest of us and he has the media on his side to make him out to be what he is not!  Finally, last night as I drove down the street where the rally was,  I was shocked to see Bush/Cheney signs in almost every yard on the street!  Please send this e-mail on to as many people as you can.

musicllover
Xith

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2004, 04:12:47 AM »

Sorry sincereheart, I will clarify.  I can see how some of my statements are a little confusing.

Again I only meant it to show my point on what I feel is a bias set by both parties.  As for Kerry's continuation of his youthful indiscretions, I am not quite sure what you mean.  But if you could point me to some info on it I would definitely like to read them.

Don't we all take 'input' from those we trust?
Well yes, but I tend to also go to outside sources to get extra information on issues.  I mean a small group of people can't be right 100% of the time.  In my opinion it is better to gather facts from all over, rather than letting a select few tell it to me repeatedly.

In a predominately Buddhist country, most likely a Buddhist leader. In a Muslim country, most likely a Muslim leader. In a Christian country, I wouldn't want a Muslim or a Buddhist or a non-Christian leader. Though we do seem to be heading in those directions.  
 I can also see your point, but again these are your convictions.  All I am saying is that I am indifferent to where the morality and decision making skills of a person come from.  If they make what I see our the right choices, and follow a code of morality and honor that I believe are right, well then they get my vote.  To me the source of these qualities does not matter so long as the person has them.

I've never met anyone who DOES like war.  
 Sorry a little out of context there, I do not like war in any shape or form.  I meant to say, I disagree with the war in Iraq.

Bush did all that in how long? He's been in office for 3.5 years and you said 'a few years ago' so it couldn't have been a problem caused by Bush.  
 Again sorry, it is just the way I tend to speak.  I interchange few, and couple, and even just one frequently.  I tend to just use them as general phrases that just mean  "a short while ago".  Of course after reading it I can see how it would be confusing.  Anyways, I worked for the staffing agency about a year and four months ago.  So I think you will agree that that falls right into his term in office.

Oh and finally, musicllover, I looked up some facts on that article, and John Kerry was indeed there.  There was a little porch side rally held, and there even was an old woman there who had health care problems (something along the lines of having had like 14 surgeries and needing a job at 77 to pay for them).  Anyways, it is partially true, except for the fact about Kerry muscling people out of their land.  The  owners of the land the rally took place on (Dale and Judy Rhome) are shown in photos sitting on the porch behind John Kerry during his speech.  There are also shots of the crowd (with no rope or tape blocking), and of people walking down the street towards the rally and at houses right next door to where this took place.  So the notion that he bullied everyone away and took there land seems a little farfetched.
   As to the legal term referred to, I think it is called 'eminent domain', and is the act by which the government converts private property to public and compensates the owners for it.  Seeing as John Kerry is just a senator, and does not have the authority of the government as a whole (which is needed for this, not to mention that he is not a senator of Pennsylvannia).  Then if the event happened as the email said it had, he would have been trespassing.  And I am sure that any 'sympathetic' police officers would be more than happy to write up a citation or even try to have charges brought up.  Actually multiple counts since he would have had to remove all the Bush-Cheney signs from the yards, also destruction or defacement of property charges, and stifling one's first amendment rights.  The story just doesn't seem to add up (that and it was really really grammatically correct for an email).  Anyways, check out the pics, just do a search for John Kerry and Canonsburg, most major news sites had them, but if they aren't enough then check out the local news for the area of Canonsburg, plenty of information and pics to what happened.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the