Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello, I am new here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, I am new here  (Read 179860 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »

Helllo everybody.   Smiley

I've been away for more than three years.  I notice under 'Cats are Evil', I'm the second or third reply, about May 28, 2004.   That was the day after my mother took ill and from then on barely a moment to sit down.  I was on then as 'Symphony'. 

YEAH! - WELCOME BACK!

We've missed you. I'm sorry to hear about the illness in your family. You have been in our prayers and many people have asked about you.

"Pepe Lepew" has a nice ring to it.   Grin   I've heard that name somewhere.

Love In Christ,
Tom

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2007, 02:17:12 PM »

To answer your first question, no I do not get any money from any links on my site. Whenever, I visit a website that I find interesting that provides some form of education I put a link to it on my site. These websites get  free advertisement, as long as their link is safe for family viewing. I check all my links regularly so if one goes down or has stuff that it unsuitable for family viewing it is removed pronto.  So if I mention going to my website to look at orchid pictures that is all you need to look at. If I could figure out how to post them here I would do so, but even with Pastor Roger's & others instructions I have had no luck at it.
I had the talent for professional photographer, but decided to do it as a hobby. I did postcards & framed prints for awhile for extra cash, but found my overhead cost me more than I was making.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2007, 10:32:09 PM »

Debp and Pastor Roger, I have put the orchid pictures up on my website. Navigation is on the left side of page. Go to " Road Not Taken", click on that and all you will find is a short story I wrote years ago and the pictures. Sorry I could not get them here to this page, but you are welcome to bring them over if you choose to do so. I have some other pictures on slides but have not found them yet, will keep looking.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2007, 11:00:52 PM »

Those are some very good looking orchids. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2007, 01:50:43 AM »

Debp and Pastor Roger, I have put the orchid pictures up on my website. Navigation is on the left side of page. Go to " Road Not Taken", click on that and all you will find is a short story I wrote years ago and the pictures. Sorry I could not get them here to this page, but you are welcome to bring them over if you choose to do so. I have some other pictures on slides but have not found them yet, will keep looking.

Islandboy, I don't know your website name.  Can you list it here?  Thanks.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »

Islandboy, I don't know your website name.  Can you list it here?  Thanks.

It's listed in his profile, sister, but here it is again.

http://sweedpatch.tripod.com/

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »

It's listed in his profile, sister, but here it is again.

http://sweedpatch.tripod.com/

Thanks, Pastor Roger!  Smiley

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2007, 09:30:59 PM »

Thanks Pastor Roger for putting that up. I had just figured everyone here knew about the little world button next to my profile for going to the site. I didn't want to appear to be advertising, so I left the link off.
I think the wild coco orchid is really neat. It grows about 3 feet high, in drier soil than one might expect from an orchid. I have them growing wild of course under palm trees and under pine trees. I have found them in shade and in sunlight, which makes them extremely hardy. During my years of taking countless pictures of wild flowers I have delighted in the way they grow and produce such beautiful flowers with no help at all........except by the Master's Hand. God blesses us with such beauty and grace that we can't help but honor and praise Him for His mighty works.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2007, 09:33:49 PM »

Thanks Pastor Roger for putting that up. I had just figured everyone here knew about the little world button next to my profile for going to the site. I didn't want to appear to be advertising, so I left the link off.
I think the wild coco orchid is really neat. It grows about 3 feet high, in drier soil than one might expect from an orchid. I have them growing wild of course under palm trees and under pine trees. I have found them in shade and in sunlight, which makes them extremely hardy. During my years of taking countless pictures of wild flowers I have delighted in the way they grow and produce such beautiful flowers with no help at all........except by the Master's Hand. God blesses us with such beauty and grace that we can't help but honor and praise Him for His mighty works.

Islandboy, thanks for the lovely orchid photos.  Your exposition on The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost was great!  Enjoyed it very much.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »

You're most welcome.

There is nothing on your web site that would constitute advertising. To constitute advertising there would have to be "the offering of goods, a product, a business, or a service" and I don't see anything in that category there.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2007, 12:40:06 PM »

Debp I am glad you enjoyed the story and orchid photo's. I took a writing course in the 90's and that was one of several of that type of story that I wrote. I like doing writing that promotes people to think. The other story "Lost In a Cave", was from that time as well.
I am searching for other orchid slides that I have and will let you know when I find them.
And Pastor Rogers, thanks for the info in above post, and I am glad you liked the orchid photo's as well. In doing photography I used a older manual camera that required me to do all the focusing and settings. I used it to take close up pictures of buildings and flowers and wildlife. When automatic focusing cameras came into being I was advised to make things easier on myself and buy one. Luckily I used one a friend had and discovered very quickly the automatic focus did not always focus on what I wanted to take a picture of. Be it a bird in a bush or a bug on a leaf, it wasn't doing the job I wanted, so I stayed with the camera I had and took alot of great photographs.
Debp, what kind of camera did you use?

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »

Debp I am glad you enjoyed the story and orchid photo's. I took a writing course in the 90's and that was one of several of that type of story that I wrote. I like doing writing that promotes people to think. The other story "Lost In a Cave", was from that time as well.
I am searching for other orchid slides that I have and will let you know when I find them.
And Pastor Rogers, thanks for the info in above post, and I am glad you liked the orchid photo's as well. In doing photography I used a older manual camera that required me to do all the focusing and settings. I used it to take close up pictures of buildings and flowers and wildlife. When automatic focusing cameras came into being I was advised to make things easier on myself and buy one. Luckily I used one a friend had and discovered very quickly the automatic focus did not always focus on what I wanted to take a picture of. Be it a bird in a bush or a bug on a leaf, it wasn't doing the job I wanted, so I stayed with the camera I had and took alot of great photographs.
Debp, what kind of camera did you use?

I also had an interest in writing from my youth but never pursued it professionally.  I hear there is a big market for children's books, if you are interested.

My current camera which I've had for a good many years is a fully automatic Yashika.  It gives good close ups (maybe not of a bug).  (Before that, I had a Konica...but with the Konica, you had to adjust the focus manually.  The foam where the camera closes finally disintegrated, so that's when I had to buy the Yashika.)

I need a battery for the Yashika and haven't bought one since I'm not taking many photos lately.  So a couple of times I just bought a "throwaway" camera (400 speed, I think)....I was amazed at the good photos.  But with those, no close ups.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:22:10 PM by Debp » Logged

Pepe Lepew

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2007, 02:09:12 PM »

YEAH! - WELCOME BACK!

We've missed you. I'm sorry to hear about the illness in your family. You have been in our prayers and many people have asked about you.

"Pepe Lepew" has a nice ring to it.   Grin   I've heard that name somewhere.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thank you, Tom!  It's good to see you here.  It has been awhile.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »

Sorry to take so long in getting back. We went for a mini vacation trip up to St Petersburg and Clearwater. Just an over night trip but it was good to get out and see something new. We stopped at "Fantasy of Flight", on I-4, Exit 44. It was really interesting they have alot of old war planes, a big sea plane (Like the one used in the movie "Return of the Black Stallion"). We walked through it as well as an old war plane. Then they had lots of different planes, old cars, etc, and tours. We had been planning to go there for two years and finally made it. My next mini will be Cypress Gardens.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »

Sorry to take so long in getting back. We went for a mini vacation trip up to St Petersburg and Clearwater. Just an over night trip but it was good to get out and see something new. We stopped at "Fantasy of Flight", on I-4, Exit 44. It was really interesting they have alot of old war planes, a big sea plane (Like the one used in the movie "Return of the Black Stallion"). We walked through it as well as an old war plane. Then they had lots of different planes, old cars, etc, and tours. We had been planning to go there for two years and finally made it. My next mini will be Cypress Gardens.

Hi, Islandboy.  I had been wondering where you were....thought something came up.  That's wonderful about your mini-vacation....I could use one but can't get away right now.  Cypress Gardens sounds nice....what city is it near?  Aren't there also some places with "springs" in FL where you can ride glass bottom boats to see nature, etc.

We have the Peterson Car Musuem here in L.A.  When my uncle visited several years ago, we took him there and it was fun for all of us.  The cars were put into interesting settings or scenes, so that made it more enjoyable for mom and me!  Smiley  Got some nice photos, too.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the