Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:27:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286812 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  False Christs, Prophets and Teachers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: False Christs, Prophets and Teachers  (Read 12515 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »

False Christs, Prophets and Teachers

We are warned many times throughout the Bible about people that are false prophets, teachers and even Christs. We are even warned that they will enter our churches and will deceive even the elect if that is at all possible. Is it at all possible? It at least appears to be so. We see it in some of our churches today and this situation seems to be growing more rapidly by the minute. We have people from behind the pulpit that are advocating the sins of this world as being perfectly acceptable which is contrary to the word of God. We see churches that are voting on things such as the deity of Jesus Christ, the acceptance of pastors that are openly and actively homosexual, churches that support abortion, pastors teaching that if you are not financially prosperous and healthy that you are not right with God, some that call themselves Reverend that advocate the silencing of Christians from any public place which prevents Christians from witnessing, and inviting atheists to speak from the pulpit to teach that there is no God and evolution is the only truth. Unfortunately there are many that are buying into these falsehoods and many, many more.

What is the answer to this problem? We must put on the whole armor of Christ Jesus. We must be prepared to answer every person that asks us of the truth. How do we do that? We must study the word of God, we must prepare ourselves with God's answers and not those of ours or the world.

There is an excellent Bible Study area here on this forum yet very few people are seen participating in it. I am not pointing any finger at just one person or small group of people. This is seen on many forums and in many churches. People go to church once or twice a week then totally ignore God's word the rest of the time. Many have never opened their Bibles let alone truly studied from them.

As such we see many Christians that remain ignorant to the wisdom and knowledge of God and His word. They end up swaying to and fro in the wind following every new thing that comes along that is taught from the pulpit. After all the person behind the pulpit supposedly has studied the word of God and they wouldn't lie to me .... or would they? (Jud 1:4)

I have heard so many excuses, I don't have time, I have to work, I have a large family ... the list goes on. These same people can tell you exactly what happened on their favorite TV shows everyday. Some of them can tell you exactly what the neighbors have been doing and plenty of time to make sure that those things are spread to everyone they meet. There are others that spend a lot of time sitting in coffee houses talking of anything but God's word.

We face some very trouble filled times. It is of the utmost importance that we are prepared for them, to spread the word so that others will not suffer the horrible consequences of not knowing. Take the time today to study the word with family or friends. Use family time for study time, use that time at the coffee house with friends or spend a few minutes each night before going to bed. There is always time for the Lord. After all our time should belong to Him.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »

False Christs, Prophets and Teachers

We are warned many times throughout the Bible about people that are false prophets, teachers and even Christs. We are even warned that they will enter our churches and will deceive even the elect if that is at all possible. Is it at all possible? It at least appears to be so. We see it in some of our churches today and this situation seems to be growing more rapidly by the minute. We have people from behind the pulpit that are advocating the sins of this world as being perfectly acceptable which is contrary to the word of God. We see churches that are voting on things such as the deity of Jesus Christ, the acceptance of pastors that are openly and actively homosexual, churches that support abortion, pastors teaching that if you are not financially prosperous and healthy that you are not right with God, some that call themselves Reverend that advocate the silencing of Christians from any public place which prevents Christians from witnessing, and inviting atheists to speak from the pulpit to teach that there is no God and evolution is the only truth. Unfortunately there are many that are buying into these falsehoods and many, many more.

What is the answer to this problem? We must put on the whole armor of Christ Jesus. We must be prepared to answer every person that asks us of the truth. How do we do that? We must study the word of God, we must prepare ourselves with God's answers and not those of ours or the world.

There is an excellent Bible Study area here on this forum yet very few people are seen participating in it. I am not pointing any finger at just one person or small group of people. This is seen on many forums and in many churches. People go to church once or twice a week then totally ignore God's word the rest of the time. Many have never opened their Bibles let alone truly studied from them.

As such we see many Christians that remain ignorant to the wisdom and knowledge of God and His word. They end up swaying to and fro in the wind following every new thing that comes along that is taught from the pulpit. After all the person behind the pulpit supposedly has studied the word of God and they wouldn't lie to me .... or would they? (Jud 1:4)

I have heard so many excuses, I don't have time, I have to work, I have a large family ... the list goes on. These same people can tell you exactly what happened on their favorite TV shows everyday. Some of them can tell you exactly what the neighbors have been doing and plenty of time to make sure that those things are spread to everyone they meet. There are others that spend a lot of time sitting in coffee houses talking of anything but God's word.

We face some very trouble filled times. It is of the utmost importance that we are prepared for them, to spread the word so that others will not suffer the horrible consequences of not knowing. Take the time today to study the word with family or friends. Use family time for study time, use that time at the coffee house with friends or spend a few minutes each night before going to bed. There is always time for the Lord. After all our time should belong to Him.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I Pet 3:16 now that is good preaching.. thank you pastor Roger, if i keep myself in the word  wich i do,(It is my life) not because of me  but because i was called to do so they can do whatever they want it does not affect me ,my pride maybe but that is leaving pretty much too,,the Holy Spirit is taking care of that .,it is hard learning blow by blow by my God is always there.Just follow Jesus that was my comand.so I do..in Jesus Def ..i am going to try to send you a hug now..,,,Rejection toke me in the bossom of the father forevermore never alone "Hiddenwith Jesus in God  Col 3:3.. Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:40:38 PM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:25:01 AM »

Paul wrote to Timothy when he was in a roman cell...He instructed Timothy to endure and to stay in the word...To know the word and to apply it daily is very important in these times when ther are so many religions and false teachings even among the elect...the only answer is to stay in the word that we will not be deceived...
Def

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 12:57:24 PM »

Paul wrote to Timothy when he was in a roman cell...He instructed Timothy to endure and to stay in the word...To know the word and to apply it daily is very important in these times when ther are so many religions and false teachings even among the elect...the only answer is to stay in the word that we will not be deceived...
Word by Word inthe Word.one moment at the time in Jesus name.Def.

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »

Lately, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork.  It is astonishing there are so many so-called Christians who have fallen for this deception. 

I can't think of the guys name, but there is someone from Puerto Rico who has a huge following in Miami.  He claims to be Christ, and is nothing but an evil blasphemer.  Some members of his congregation have given him all of their money.  He walks around wearing Rolex watches, diamond rings, drives a Rolls Royce, smokes cigars and cigarettes, drinks liquor, and is a womanizer.  Pure evil destined for hell!  Angry

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »

I believe that his name is Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda. He teaches indulgence, there is no sin, no devil and no hell. There is also an Arab person called Maitreya that first appeared in 1988 in Nairobi that is being accepted by Buddhists and some muslims as being Christ, the ninth Buddha or the Mahdi depending on their own beliefs. Benjamin Creme and Benny Hinn have both proclaimed him the messiah. There is another couple, Lord Sananda & Lady Master Magda, that claim to be the reincarnated Jesus and Mary.

There are many others that are coming out of the woodwork that are also making these claims. We have even had a few that have come here on the forum before.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 11:21:09 PM »

That's him, Pastor Roger.  He even looks evil.  Benny Hinn is indeed a charlatan, and whenever he comes on TV I immediately turn the channel.  He is a despicable character, but unfortunately he has quite a following.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 02:32:32 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

The Power and Knowledge of GOD'S WORD can help Christians to discern the TRUTH very quickly in many cases. However, this requires regular study of GOD'S WORD.

Some of the incidents in this thread are perfect examples. Christians should know about the next two times that people on this earth will see JESUS CHRIST.

1 - In the clouds to RAPTURE HIS CHURCH HOME to Glory.

2 - At HIS SECOND COMING in Great and Righteous WRATH.

Yes, we do have all kinds of weirdos coming out of the woodwork, and NONE of them are CHRIST. In fact, they are the opposite of CHRIST.

I did leave out the fact that individual Christians who physically die are "absent from the body and present with the LORD."

It's sickening to think that some cheap, snake-oil salesmen are claiming to be all kinds of things and using the HOLY NAME of GOD to make money. I can't remember which television clown claimed that CHRIST HIMSELF was going to appear with him on television, but anyone who knows Bible basics should know this is a lie. JESUS has already told us how HE will come, so those who believe these snake-oil salesmen are completely ignorant of the Holy Bible. We are to measure these people with the Holy Bible and know the TRUTH about them. Everything we need is already in the Bible, but there is a requirement that we study it and become Strong in the LORD.

By ourselves, we are humans, frail, and easily subject to deception. The SAME IS NOT TRUE if we are Strong IN CHRIST! This strength isn't of us, rather of CHRIST and the knowledge of GOD'S WORD. For those who really are Strong in CHRIST, there isn't any bragging about self. ALL GLORY is IN CHRIST! I said something about bragging because I tried to watch a couple of snake-oil salesmen on television recently. Their names aren't important. I'll simply say that they were trying to glorify themselves and each other - NOT CHRIST, and their main purpose appeared to be money. Great hosts are being deceived and they have money rolling out of their pockets.

YES - we do need to put on the "Whole Armor of GOD", and that does require some effort on our part. Our instant, drive-thru, microwave society won't work in this area.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 05:22:01 AM »

Bible Prophecy describes, in amazing detail, what will take place before the return actually happens. There is much written about people leading people astray, but nothing about The Bible, God's Word, leading people astray. The Bible explains, very clearly, a sequence of events which will occur before Christ's return, and when Christ does return, it will done in a way that no physical human could accomplish. Those who ignore or disbelieve what the Bible plainly says are leaving themselves wide open to great and tragic deception.

The Bible warns us not to follow men (Jeremiah 17:5, Psalm 118:8 ), but to test what all leaders teach with scripture (1 John 4:1, Acts 17:11).

Deuteronomy 13:3, God says that He will test us with false prophets to see if we truly love Him, "You shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."

God Gives Us A Simple Test To Try Prophets To See If They Are Actually Speaking For God.  If Their Prophecy Fails, God Did Not Send Them:

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 "But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.  And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?  When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

False teachers and their teachings have always posed a danger to those in the household of faith (and those outside as well). After Israel’s exodus from Egypt, God warned that false prophets would arise:

Deuteronomy 13:1-5
“If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you”

False prophets did arise throughout the history of Israel (1 Kings 22:1-12; Isaiah 9:15; 28:7; Jeremiah 5:31; 6:13; 23:1-40; Ezekiel 13:3-4).

The Lord Jesus also warned of false prophets (Matthew 7:15-23; 24:11-28).

The apostles also had much to say about false prophets and teachers (Acts 20:28-35; 2 Corinthians 11:3–12:13; Galatians 1:6-9; Philippians 3:1-2; Colossians 2:8-15; 1 Thessalonians 1:3-12; 1 Timothy 1:3-7; 6:3-5; 2 Timothy 2:14-26; 3:2-8, 13; 4:14-18; Titus 1:10-16; 3:9-11; 1 John 2:18-29; 3:2-12; 4:1-6; 2 John 7-11; 3 John 9-10; Jude).

In the first three verses of chapter 2, Peter begins to describe the false teachers who will arise. We must look carefully at his words, for such “wolves” as these will arise among us as well.

First, Peter strongly infers that we should regard anyone who claims to be a “prophet” as a false prophet. False prophets arose in earlier days, and we should expect false teachers to arise in our day. Why this switch from “false prophets” to “false teachers” in verse 1? The reason is evident from Peter’s teaching in chapter 1. The apostles were raised up as God’s instruments to record God’s full and final revelation in Christ. They saw the power and glory of the resurrected Lord. Their writings were superintended by the Holy Spirit, who caused them to remember all that the Lord had taught while He was with them. Their prophecies, like those of the Old Testament prophets, are thus a “more sure word of prophecy” which provides sufficient light for us until the coming of our Lord (1:19). Paul was the last of the prophets whose writings are also inspired and authoritative (3:14-16). Since these original apostles have accomplished their appointed task, no further prophets are required:

Hebrews 2:1-4 For this reason we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away [from it.] 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved unalterable, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard, 4 God also bearing witness with them, both by signs and wonders and by various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will

Second, Peter teaches us to expect false teachers to arise. Although the need for prophets has ceased, the need for teachers of the Scriptures continues. Among those who teach, we should expect some to be false teachers. They hold a Bible in their hands and tell us they are teaching the Scriptures, but their teaching is false. Their interpretation has not come from the Holy Spirit but from their own will (see 1:20-21). False teachers are no mere possibility; they are likely, and we must be watchful so we are not led astray by them. Our knowledge of Old Testament history should prepare us to be on guard against false teachers, for they will surely arise.

Third, Peter teaches us to expect false teachers to arise from within the church as well as from without. In Old Testament times, false prophets arose “among the people” (verse 1). So also in our time, false teachers will arise “among us” (literally “among you,” verse 1). It is easy to identify false teachers in other religions or in liberal or apostate churches. It is relatively easy to expect false teachers to arise from without. But Peter tells us they will also arise from within the community of believers, from within our own church. This same warning comes from Paul in the Book of Acts where he admonishes the elders of the Ephesian church:

Acts 20:28-32
“Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31 Therefore be on the alert, remembering that night and day for a period of three years I did not cease to admonish each one with tears. 32 And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build [you] up and to give [you] the inheritance among all those who are sanctified”

Fourth, the teaching of these false teachers is destructive to the teachers and to all who follow their teaching and practice. Peter calls the teaching of the false teachers “destructive heresies,” which will “bring swift destruction upon themselves” (verse 1). Their judgment is not “idle” nor is it “asleep” (verse 3).

Fifth, false teachers bring reproach upon true saints and the church of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of these impostors, “the way of truth will be maligned,” Peter says. We suffer from the presence of false teachers. “How?” you might ask. We suffer because these false teachers seek to gain status and recognition by identifying themselves as true saints and associating with true believers. In 1 Peter, we were instructed that unbelievers can be expected to react against the righteousness of the saints because they are threatened by it (1 Peter 4:1-4). We are to expect to be maligned for doing what is right (1 Peter 2:12, 15, 20). When the sin of false teachers is exposed, the unrighteous may almost delight in lumping all professing Christians together so that we are wrongly associated with the folly of fraudulent saints.

David Koresh is but one example of how this can happen. Koresh was not orthodox. One could hardly call him Christian (whether he or his followers did or not). While the evangelical community looked upon Koresh and his followers as a cult, the secular press has not been so discerning. Those who like to use the excuse, “The church is full of hypocrites,” see little difference between Koresh and his followers and mainstream evangelicalism. They leap at the opportunity to find a reason to ridicule us and reject our faith.

Sixth, these false teachers are not always readily apparent. False teachers certainly do not represent themselves as those who make a false profession of faith. They rise up as those who are one with us in Christ. As Jesus warned, they come as “wolves in sheep’s clothing” (Matthew 7:15). They carry out their ministry in Jesus’ name, and they are just as surprised at being called unbelievers as we are when we realize they do not share a “like precious faith” with us:

cont'd next post
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:31:35 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 05:30:47 AM »

Matthew 7:15-23 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn [bushes,] nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits. 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS’“

Our Lord’s words here indicate that we dare not attempt to distinguish false teachers from the true merely on the basis of their ability to perform mighty works. A true prophet need not perform great works. Such was John the Baptist, a prophet without mighty works but with mighty words (John 10:41). If a prophet declares that something will happen, and it does not, then he is a false prophet (see Deuteronomy 18:20-22). But the ability to perform great works does not prove one to be a prophet. His doctrine must also conform to the Word of God (Deuteronomy 13:1-5). Jesus teaches that the “fruit” which distinguishes false teachers from the true is not just their mighty deeds. We must also take careful note of the fruit of their own character and that of their followers.

Seventh, false teachers can be identified by their morals and their motives. False teachers are driven by their own lusts rather than led by the Holy Spirit.46 Greed motivates their ministry—not grace (verse 3). They do not seek to give sacrificially to others; they seek to gain from others. They do not seek to edify others but to exploit them (verse 3). Their life is one of sensuality (verse 2), not true spirituality. More details will be given about the character and conduct of false teachers as Peter develops his argument in chapter 2. The false teachers of whom Peter writes are self-centered, self-serving, and self-indulgent (verse 10, 12-14). Worse yet, they are lost (verses 4-6, 12, 17-22; see Jude 4, 7-8, 12-13, 15, 19).

Eighth, false teachers can be recognized by their methods. When false teachers “arise,” their heresies are “secretly introduced” (verse 1). They “creep in unnoticed” (Jude 4). These false teachers are devious and deceptive, not wishing to be known for what they are. In some cases, they do not even recognize their own condition. They not only deceive, they are themselves deceived (2 Timothy 3:13; see 2 Peter 2:13). They rely on slick methods rather than on the Spirit of God and appeal to the lusts of the flesh (compare 1 Corinthians 2; 2 Corinthians 2:17; 4:1-2).

Ninth, false teachers can be recognized by their message. False teachers deny the truth and deal in error. The “way of truth” is maligned, and their words are false (verses 2 and 3). Their doctrines are heresies which are “destructive,” while the truth leads to “life and godliness” (1:3). They claim to teach the Word of God, but they actually twist and distort the Scriptures so their interpretations justify their lifestyle and their lusts (see 3:16).

The false teachers speak of “Jesus,” but it is a “Jesus” of their own making, a “Jesus” with whom sinful men feel comfortable and affirmed. They wish to follow and imitate such a person, but they deny the real Jesus, substituting a more palatable Jesus. So it is that false teachers gain a following by tickling the ears of those who will not have the real “Jesus.”

How do false teachers arise? Peter does not tell us exactly, but we can suggest some ways false teachers might arise so that our Lord and Master is denied. First, they distort the emphasis of Scripture. They emphasize the “acceptable” aspects of our Lord’s nature and mission, while minimizing or denying those aspects of His being and ministry which sinful men find offensive. One can always point to Jesus as “our example” with little chance of being ill-treated for doing so.

Second, false teachers can deny Jesus by narrowing the field of maladies for which the cross of Christ provides the solution. In evangelical circles, the cross is still the solution for our sin and guilt. But it seems to be inadequate for our “addictions,” of which there are many with more being added daily to the list. Many of the problems we once thought were spiritual are now considered psychological, and thus they must be solved by “trained specialists” rather than by simply being cleansed by the shed blood of our Savior.

Finally, from the Old Testament, and New Testament.

Old Testament

The aim of all false prophets is to turn people away from obeying the commandments of Yahweh the Almighty God of Israel. False prophets will do numerous and stunning signs and wonders to achieve this aim. These verses are just a few of the many.

Deut.13:1-5  If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. 5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 05:31:53 AM »

New Testament
It is unlikely that a false prophet will openly admit to being false. Instead he will pose as a true minister of the Almighty. He will come as a 'wolf in sheep's clothing:' and will do many miracles in order to deceive the human race - even 'the very elect - if possible'
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

No student of Bible prophecy will doubt but that we are living in the last days of the Age of Grace,  just prior to the Saviour's return.

So now, the question is…. How can you recognize a false teacher/false prophet?

Jesus warned us that “false Christs and false prophets” will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect (Matthew 25:24-25; see also 2 Peter 3:3 and Jude 17-18).

To best guard yourself against falsehood, know the truth. To spot a counterfeit, study the real thing. Any believer who, “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15), makes a careful study of the Bible can identify false doctrine. For example, a believer who has read the activities of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Matthew 3:16-17 will immediately question any doctrine that denies the Trinity. Therefore, “step one” is to study the Bible and judge all teaching by what the scripture says.

Jesus said “a tree is known by his fruit” (Matthew 12:33). When looking for “fruit,” here are three specific tests to apply to any teacher to determine the accuracy of his or her teaching:

What does this teacher say about Jesus? In Matthew 16:15, Jesus asks, “Whom say ye that I am?” Peter answers, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God,” and for this answer Peter is called “blessed.” In 2 John 9, we read, “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” In other words, Jesus Christ and His work of redemption is of utmost importance; beware anyone who denies that Jesus is equal with God, who downplays Jesus’ substitutionary death, or who rejects Jesus’ humanity. First John 2:22 says, “Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.”

Does this teacher preach the gospel? The gospel is defined as the good news concerning Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, according to the scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). As nice as they sound, the statements “God loves you,” “God wants us to feed the hungry,” and “God wants you to be wealthy” are NOT the complete message of the gospel. As Paul warns in Galatians:

Galatians 1:9 “There be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.” No one, not even a great preacher, has the right to change the message that God gave us. “If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed”.

Does this teacher exhibit character qualities that glorify the Lord? Speaking of false teachers, Jude 11 says, “They have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.” In other words, a false teacher can be known by his pride (Cain’s rejection of God’s plan), greed (Balaam’s prophesying for money), and rebellion (Korah’s promotion of himself over Moses)..

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »

John 10 4-5

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.  And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him, for they know not the voice of strangers."

Brothers and Sisters,  This here speaks the TRUTH... We His sheep will know when He is here/comes again!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »

Amen, that we will. Unfortunately many others will not and will be lead astray in the meantime.

Def

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 05:23:52 PM »

Yes sister Tina Hi! how are you..once you hear the Sound of His voice .you follow Him ,those who have ears for Him   hear the sound..what a beautiful sound' ` peace that no one can take away, a wisper of love and tenderness ,truth, and direction" come and follow me" well i am His sheep and i follow Him.
 Shocked""Know that the LORD, He is God;
IT is He who has made us,
and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.(Psalm 100:3) Shocked
good night Tina and every one..+¸+

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 01:04:04 AM »

I am just so glad the Lord is coming again.. and that I will see him...until then...to stay in Hs word..apply it daily..and to endure to the end...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the