Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  King James Version 100% pure
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: King James Version 100% pure  (Read 28088 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2005, 10:27:48 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I am absolutely certain that the most critical issue of today is the lost hearing the plain and simple Gospel of God's Grace. I give thanks that it is simple enough for a child to understand.

There are hosts of lost people who are hurting and dying in their sins. It's not ironic that their lives without JESUS involve misery, even in this short life on earth. I give thanks that the preaching of the CROSS reaches them in many forms. Maybe it's in the simple words of a witness, a Bible tract, a sermon, a Bible left in a hotel room, or in countless other forms. Regardless, God uses His Word, and the Holy Spirit convicts and works with the message. Again, I give thanks that God Himself delivers the message. This is an encouragement to Christians who might not feel strong enough or capable enough to share the Good News of JESUS dying on the cross for our sins. One does not need to be a Bible scholar or eloquent with words to be used by God for His purpose.

In these possible last days of this age, our purpose should be God's purpose. I pray that all Christians will yield to God's will and take every opportunity God gives us to share JESUS with a lost and dying world.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

PeterAV
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2005, 03:01:39 PM »

[quote author=Reba Then this statment is a lie.
Holy Bible,Pure,Purified,Preserved.
Infalible,Inspired,Integral.
AV 1611 King James Version
Psalm 119:140
Thy word is very pure:
therefore thy servant loveth it.....
God doesn't make mistakes or typos or type setting erros. In the form of Jesus Christ His Word is perfect. The books are printed by man .
That is right,man does the mistakes.That is how they KNEW what to correct in the FIRST place.

You have an erronious view of infalibility.Is there no room for human error,only perversion?Purposeful to boot.
How do you know how many times Paul or Peter wrote,and had to correct the odd mistake here and there?
That is just gnat straining to cover up the sins of the modern versions,that refuse to abide by the majority Text.
PeterAV
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2005, 03:13:42 PM »

[quote author=blackeyedpeas Brothers and Sisters,
I am absolutely certain that the most critical issue of today is the lost hearing the plain and simple Gospel of God's Grace. I give thanks that it is simple enough for a child to understand.
Amen for that.But this thread happens to be about the Holy Bible.Not witnessing,even though,it does witness in a powerful way.
Talking about simple enouph for a child to understand;How about this one in the modern versions;Mark10:24....Children,how hard it is to enter into the kingdom of God.
The Holy Bible does not say that,plus the rest of scriptures reject that notion all together.
The truth is;...Children,how hard it is for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God.

Nobody can tell me that this is ok and ought to be overlooked.As if to say 'Que sera sera'.Whatever will be will be.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2005, 09:19:52 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This thread has been locked for a time to give everyone a chance to cool off. It will stay open as long as folks don't go back to name calling.

PeterAV
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2005, 11:38:26 PM »

I will be more cordial from now on.I will not take advantage of others.It is important to uphold  each other in the LORD;live at peace with one another,and work together,even though we may have what are termed irreconcilable diferences.
But each member of the family is valuable,amen?

Even the non-believers are precious in his sight.
Relentless for the LORD Jesus,
Peter Fuhrman
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 11:39:59 PM by PeterAV » Logged
PeterAV
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2005, 11:59:25 PM »

We Need to get along.
Here is a post that i just made over at Bible Answers US.I have been addressing this issue,in my own life as of late and trying to promote a cordial understanding,even though ,in the end we will yet not agree,or see eye to eye.

Enjoy The Bible Believers' Forum / Welcome To The Believers Forum - Read Me First / Re:KJV Only- Interesting artivle   on: Today at 12:37:44am  
[quote author=Guest
The vehement rhetoric of certain posts advocating the KJV as the sole inspired scripture has been very confusing. These posts have been argumentative rather than informative in tone. This has helped to cover up the fact that these posts are riddled with bad logic, an unbiblical theology, and ignorance of relevant facts from both inside and outside the Bible. When the writer identifies himself as a learned man, in my opinion, he is in fact insulting the Creator because he is refusing to use his mind properly to understand these matters.
Zeal is commendable. But it is downright dangerous when coupled with ignorance. The zeal demonstrated on this forum arguing for a special status for the KJV as scripture is no different from what Paul refers to the zeal of the Jews who had rejected/opposed the gospel: “They have a zeal …, but not according to knowledge” (Romans 10:2).
Quote:

By and large,I would tend to agree with you that there are certain. that do appear to get out of hand. whether called for or not,as the case may be.

But allow me to say this;Both sides of the issue have this happening,some are egged into it,and some know no other way,because of the place they are in,and yet others just need to have guide lines to follow.

I have been reading a KJV bashing site recently,and they are Good godly men that do just the same things as here.But this is an important issue,and I personaly,am trying to rectify this in my own life.

I believe that some times the bursts are warranted,and some not.The real problem is our own hearts.Some times we get caught in the prideful mentality of "I need to win this argument,or My ministry and beliefs are for not."Or at least some variation of that.

To solve this issue,we NEED TO PRAY BEFORE WE POST.
So,let me do that right now.

"Heavenly Father,I pray that I will post with a calm and forgiving heart,when I see an aledged attack upon my stand.I pray,LORD,that I will endeavor to ask questions of the poster,instead of interpreting his statements,and end up with egg on my face.Help me LORD to recognize that my brother is a man of God,just like me,and to consider him better than myself."

"Help me to ask questions about any words or definitions,according to the one that posts,so that I am not merely interpreting from my own viewpoint.Help me LORD,to understand the other poster's posistion,and compliment him as justified."

"Help me LORD NOT to answer a thing too fast,but to wait upon you and hear from you,and be an instrument of peace,as much as is possible."

In Jesus precious name,amen.

I think that if we could really try to love each other,purposfully,and forgivingly,that this would be a start of actually finding some genuine friends,even though we still may disagree in the end.

I know of one man,on another site,and he is not a KJV'er
but reads the KJV 90 % of the time,and he puts his two cents in against the KJV on a regular basis according to my way of belief.Sometimes,I have taken advantage of him,but we have at least been able to talk to each other.And I actually think quite highly of him.

It is too easy for both sides to prove each other wrong, and or to think that they have to appeal to the emotional side of things,or attack the person's character.I think it is because the people that we post against,are not considered as valuable to the body of Christ as they are,reguardless of their quirks.We think that it is no loss,if they get hurt or whatever.

I have even thought of posting my own obituary to calm things down,but I don't think that would work either.
I think that when we are adamant,we need to pray for wisdom,and on top of that,let our words be few.Particularly when our gander is up.

This is the tough job that Moderators have to deal with on a continual basis.That reminds me,God bless our men that care for us here at Bible Answers US.Bless you guys!!

Lots of the retoric is really nit-picky stuff,you said-he said,no I didn't mean that,so this is what I think of your scholarship etc.etc.ad nauseum.I think that we all are guilty of that at some point and some more than others.
It is easy to tear down,but to build up,and to teach,and to understand takes time,work,prayer,and patience.

I say that I have failed in all of the above more than once,but am continually reaching, to be the one to that the LORD can say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant,enter thou into the joy of the LORD."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2005, 01:11:55 AM »

Brother Peter,

I'm happy to see you back. I've been thinking and praying about this issue and many others over the last couple of weeks. In fact, I was thinking about you when I reopened this thread.

I had a thought that I'm almost sure that the Lord laid on my heart to share here. I was thinking about the many times that members of my family and I were given opportunities to witness and our Bibles weren't quickly available. God gave us the guidance to witness anyway, and the words came from a heart where the Holy Spirit already lives. I honestly believe that God gave us the words that He wanted said. I'm hoping that you understand why I felt led to share this.

I know that the lost don't understand or care about differences that Christians argue about. In the meantime, they are still suffering and dying in their sins. I'm really thinking about what our priorities should be in a lost and dying world that just might be in the last days of the Age of Grace. If so, the time is growing short to share the GOOD NEWS of the Gospel of God's Grace.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

PeterAV
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2005, 01:23:26 AM »

Great post,blackeyedpeas!
       Reaching the lost is the best thing we can do,along with growing to know him and his word.
  Yes,the Holy Ghost always comes through.
It has been since Oct '04 since the last person I had the priviledge to lead to the LORD.
         I certainly can press in and do better!!LORD willing of course.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2005, 02:38:55 AM »

Brother Peter,

We can and ALL should be doing more in witnessing to the lost. Brother, I'm certainly thinking about me and many opportunities to witness that I could have and should have worked harder on.

It's many times not very pleasant, as many people these days appear to be either mad at God or mad at Christians for whatever reasons. In fact, it's pretty popular to blame God and Christians for all kinds of problems. We are viewed many times as a nuisance, and I think that I know why. One of the first things that happens when a person starts seeking Christ is a knowledge that they are lost, they sin, and they do wrong. People just don't like to hear that much these days. They really don't want to hear that sin is their master. However, a reflection of the things of this world usually results in a knowledge that they cause misery, not happiness.

Here's what is so hard in witnessing. The person doing the witnessing might not ever know that God actually used them to bring a lost person to Christ. As a result, many Christians get discouraged in witnessing. It's important for us to realize that God never wastes a single word, and that witness may just be the start of something wonderful that will happen days, weeks, or months later.

Brother, I mentioned this for a reason, and it dealt with the thread topic. I subscribe to the thought that the KJV is best, but I know that it is imperfect. My words in witnessing are also imperfect, but I trust God to use them. IN FACT, I trust the Holy Spirit to speak to the heart of the lost, regardless of how plain and simple my attempt to witness might be. I think that the same is true for other translations of the Holy Bible.

Brother, I'm not trying to argue - just discuss with another brother in Christ. I firmly believe that God's Word is a mighty weapon used by God, likened to a two-edged sword. I firmly believe that the Holy Spirit speaks from the pages of that precious book. I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit does the same when I'm given an opportunity to witness. Brother, do you see the comparison I'm trying to make?

I won't name them, but some of the new translations seem to be more interested in being politically correct or soothing the sinner than speaking the Word of God. Another category of translations appear to have more mistakes than others but still try to give the Word of God faithfully. I'm also aware of some mistakes in the KJV, but that doesn't mean that I'm considering replacing it with ancient texts. I do use the ancient texts from time to time, but it's a lengthy process to study a single verse, and there's still a good chance that a mistake will be made in the translation. The main point I'm trying to make is my thought that God definitely uses more than one translation to distribute His Word. As a final thought, I'm thinking about hosts of people who were saved before King James and studied other translations for their growth and strength.

As a final thought, I think it's healthy to discuss the differences in various translations, but only in Christian love. Even though I like the KJV as best, I know that Almighty God is much more powerful than King James, and He has always had a way to distribute His Word in great power. If the discussion was kept in this context, I have considerable material on this topic that I've been studying.

Love In Christ,
Tom

II Timothy 3:15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

PeterAV
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2005, 02:42:00 AM »

[quote author=blackeyedpeas ... in Christian love. Even though I like the KJV as best, I know that Almighty God is much more powerful than King James, and He has always had a way to distribute His Word in great power. If the discussion was kept in this context, I have considerable material on this topic that I've been studying.

Love In Christ,
Tom

II Timothy 3:15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Thanks for those kind words,blackeyedpeas.

Quote from: Scanner [img
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2005, 11:24:44 AM »

PeterAV,

Grin  Your picture is a hoot. I'll try to join in here with you with some material I've been studying.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Corinthians 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

brandplucked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2005, 07:09:17 PM »

Reba
Gold Member

Hi saints, I just found this site and started reading the topic about the King James Bible.  I recognize a few names here too.  Anyway, I am a King James Bible believer and I wanted to address an issue or two as I come to them.  Thanks,

Will Kinney

Reba asks: "When was steel invented? or discovered or what ever? "

Hi Reba, my guess is you maybe got this one from Rick Norris's book, The Unbound Scriptures.  I have read his book and disagree with it entirely.  In fact, I have written a response to it.

Here is part of that response.  I hope it helps answer this question for you.

Part 12 - Steel, brass, copper, bronze - Paper or Plastic?

In his book, The Unbound Scriptures, Rick Norris criticizes the King James Bible for using the word "steel". He quotes several Bible dictionaries and scholars who say emphatically that the Hebrew word should never be translated as "steel". It is claimed, he says, that steel was not known during Bible times until the first century A.D.

Mr. Norris then asks: "Can KJV-only advocates offer any consistent evidence that shows that these two Hebrew words should be translated as "steel" in some verses?" Yes, brother Rick, we can, and will do so presently.

As for the claim he makes about the date of the invention and use of steel, there are many who would disagree about his supposition. A friend and fellow King James Bible believer, brother Jim, is an excellent researcher. He located a site for me by a Professor David K. Jordan, professor or Anthropology and Provost at Earl Warren College, University of California, San Diego. This professor has written an article about metalurgy and he discusses brass, iron and steel production. Here are some of his findings.

An important technique in modern and late historic steel production is "quenching," that is, heating the metal and then rapidly lowering its temperature again by plunging it into water. The result is a dramatic increase in the strength of the metal, which can be increased yet further by repeating the process. THE EARLIEST QUENCH-HARDENED STEEL THAT WE KNOW ABOUT DATES FROM ABOUT 1200 BC or so. (Homer refers to the process.) Obviously there is a fine line between iron and steel, and some metallic products are difficult to classify as quite one or quite the other.

At another site we find a discussion of ancient Indian steel production dating from the 8th century B.C.

The Ancient Indian Steel by D.P. Agrawal - J. Le Coze, of the Centre for Materials Science, France, has come out with an interesting essay about the different names of steel in different parts of the world that the ancient Indian steel known as wootz inspired. This steel making process was practiced in peninsular India since great antiquity. The ancient Indian steel was known as Damascene steel in Persia and was in great demand in the Persian courts of the First Millennium BC. Even Alexander was presented a sword made of such steel.

Coze informs that in ancient Greek, three names were attributed to steel: stomoma, adamas and chalybs. Since Hesiode (8th BC), adamas signifies inflexible or hard. It was systematically translated into "hard as steel".

I'm not going to base my defense of the King James reading of "steel" solely on the debateable timeline of the use of this material in making weaponry. It may be literal steel or a composite of various hard metals that are referred to by "a bow of steel"; but it may also be figurative.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary lists the second definition of "steel" as: Figuratively, weapons; particularly, offensive weapons, swords, spears and the like.

The word steel is found four times in the King James Bible. Three times the KJB refers to "a bow of steel" - 2 Samuel 22:35 "He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms." Job 20:24 "He shall flee from the iron weapon, and the bow of steel shall strike him through." Psalm 18:34 "He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms." In Jeremiah 15:12 we read: "Shall iron break the northern iron and the steel?"

The first three times the Hebrew word is # 5154 nekh-oo-shaw. This word has a variety of meanings as translated in many different Bibles, both old and new. Among the meanings found in the King James Bible for this word are: "brass" (7 times) and "steel" (3 times)

The second word for steel found in Jeremiah 15:12 is #5178 and this word likewise has several meanings including: "brass, steel, copper, fetters, and chains."

Mr. Norris says: "M'Clintock wrote: In all cases where the word 'steel' is used in the A.V. the true rendering of the Hebrew is copper." Unfortunately for Mr. Norris and Mr. M'Clintock (whoever he is), not even the NASB, NIV, or NKJV have translated it as "copper" but as "bronze".

Examples of multiple meanings for a single word abound even in the modern versions. For instance, the NASB translates the Hebrew word #5178 as brass -2 times, bronze - 130 times, and copper - one time. The NASB also translates #1270 as "axe, iron, axe head, and chains."

The NIV translates the same word as "bronze" 128 times and as "copper" 4 times.

When it suits the purposes of Mr. Norris, he refers to various older Bible versions that differ from the King James Bible to show, in his opinion, how they differ from the KJB. However these same older Bible versions often agree with the KJB against the modern versions.

The word "steel" as in the expression "a bow of steel" can be used figuratively to express something that is very strong, and not necessarily made of literal steel. We sometimes speak of someone having nerves of steel, but we mean that he is of a strong constitution and not literally made of steel. We also use the expression of having to "steel ourselves" for the coming difficulties.

One possible explanation of the expression "a bow of steel" as found in the King James Bible is that they are figurative rather than literal. In Psalms 18 David says of God that He is a BUCKLER (a shield), and A ROCK, and that God "maketh my feet like HINDS' FEET, and setteth me upon my HIGH PLACES. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a BOW OF STEEL is broken by mine arms. Thou hast also given me the SHIELD of thy salvation, and THY RIGHT HAND hath holden me up...Then did I BEAT THEM SMALL AS THE DUST."

None of these things mentioned are literal. God is not a buckler nor a Rock, and neither did God literally hold David up with His right hand. The "high places" were not literal but figurative of exaltation and victory, and David did not literally beat anyone "small as the dust". These are all figurative expressions.

Some people like to criticize the King James Bible when it is too literal, as in the expression "to cut off him that gotcha8eth against the wall" (1 Kings 14:10), which is literally what the Hebrew texts and older Bible versions read. Then they criticize it for being too loose in expressing figurative concepts "in the receptor language".

The King James Bible is not the only one to use the word "steel" in its translation.

Webster's 1833 translation follows all four verses exactly the same as the King James Bible, as do the KJV 21st Century Version and the Third Millenium Bible.

The 1936 Jewish translation, put out by the Hebrew Publishing Company, New York, has "steel" in Job 20:24; Psalm 18:34, and in Jeremiah 15:12.

The Geneva Bible renders this same word as "steel" in Job 20:24

The Bishop's Bible 1568 has "steel" in 2 Samuel 22:35; Job 20:24, and Psalms 18:34

The Spanish Reina Valera of 1909 version has "steel" (acero) in 2 Samuel 22:35, Job 20:24, and Psalms 18:34. Likewise Las Sagradas Escrituras 1999 edition reads "steel" (acero) in these verses.

Rotherham's 1902 Emphasized Bible has steel in Ezekiel 27:19 "Wedan and Javan, from Uzal, Brought into thy traffic, - Steel, cassia and calamus, Were, in thy merchandise:"

The Revised Standard Version with Apocrypha 1952 has "steel" in Sirach 31:26 - Fire and water prove the temper of steel, so wine tests hearts in the strife of the proud.

Even the New English Bible 1970 reads in Jeremiah 15:12 "Can iron break STEEL from the north?"

The 2002 version called The Message actually has the word "steel" 10 times in the Old Testament. Here are a few examples:

Job 40:18 - His skeleton is made of steel, every bone in his body hard as steel.

Proverbs 27:17 - You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another.

Jeremiah 15:20 - I'll turn you into a steel wall, a thick steel wall, impregnable.

Jeremiah 17:1 - "Judah's sin is engraved with a steel chisel, A steel chisel with a diamond point-- engraved on their granite hearts, engraved on the stone corners of their altars.

Some other modern versions also have the word "steel" in them, but these do not agree even among themselves. In Nahum 2:3 the ASV 1901, the 1917 Jewish translation (JPS), Darby, Amplified 1987, and the NASB 1995 say: "the chariots are enveloped in flashing STEEL".

The brand new 1998 Complete Jewish Bible says: "The STEEL of the chariots flashes like fire as they prepare for battle", but the NIV, ESV say: "the METAL on the chariots flashes", the RSV has: "the chariots flash like FLAME", while the NKJV has: "the chariots come with flaming TORCHES." Isn't it nice that all these Bible scholars are in such total agreement with each other?

God bless,

Will K

Reba
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2005, 12:35:43 AM »

Hi,

No, i have never even heard of the author. The question came from my mind.

Most folks would not date steel to the days of Job.  KJV is my favorite. I do not believe it is without error, nor did the writters in 16?? (what ever)  when they corrected the KJV.

God will safe guard His Word as long as He wishes. I am pleased He chose the KJV for so long a time. I have received much scriptural knowledge from  The Living, Amplafied, many others.

For myself it would be sinnful to worship a book, to set man made limits on God's word. It also seems selfimportiant,  to think English would be The 'HOLY' language. Anyone reading the scriptures can see the eastern heiratige coming through the pages.

kintites (sp) come to mind. Of which white supremist jump from. I did not reread this thread and i think i am repeting myself...... KJV is still my favorite  Smiley

brandplucked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2005, 04:54:59 PM »

Hi,

No, i have never even heard of the author. The question came from my mind.

Most folks would not date steel to the days of Job.  KJV is my favorite. I do not believe it is without error, nor did the writters in 16?? (what ever)  when they corrected the KJV.

Hi Reba, I appreciate your spirit in this particular response.  However it appears that you too do not believe The Bible IS now the inerrant and infallible words of God.  

If I misjudge your position, then please tell me exactly what is is that you think is now the inerrant Bible preserved by God Almighty.

You then continue: God will safe guard His Word as long as He wishes. I am pleased He chose the KJV for so long a time. I have received much scriptural knowledge from  The Living, Amplafied, many others.

Reba, If God chose the KJB, then are you saying God chose a Book to carry the gospel to foreign lands by hundreds of English and American missionaries, and was used in this way like no other in history, but that this God chosen Book contains what you consider to be errors?

Is there any bible or any singular text in any language that you think is without errors?

You close with:   For myself it would be sinnful to worship a book, to set man made limits on God's word. It also seems selfimportiant,  to think English would be The 'HOLY' language. Anyone reading the scriptures can see the eastern heiratige coming through the pages.

Reba, neither I nor any KJB believer I know of worships the King James Bible.  I do not have any altars with candles in my home dedicated to the KJB.  I write in my King James Bible, I spill coffee on it, and toss it in the back of my car.

I do however worship the God who inspired and wrote the Bible.

As for limiting God, it is God who limits Himself.  He cannot lie but always speaks the truth.  I have found through quite a bit of personal study and prayer, that the King James Bible always tells the truth and does not pervert sound doctrine nor contain ridiculous falsehoods.  All modern versions I have seen do pervert sound doctrine and contain proveable contradictions, and thus are found to be false witnesses to varying degrees.

The gospel is still there, and I certainly do not believe that a person has to be a KJB onlyist in order to get saved, but if you are not a King James Bible believer, your faith will necessarily be weakened and you will come out believing some things that are not true.

This is not to say that only the KJB believers have all the correct doctrine or understanding.  None of us sees all truth; we still see through a glass darkly, but only the KJB has all of God's pure truth within its pages.  This is my firm conviction.

As for why God chose English, maybe it's because He knew that English and American missionaries would be the primary missionaries to go forth to the pagan nations from the late 1700's onward and translate the KJB or its underlying texts into hundreds of foreign languages, and that English would become the closest thing to a universal language in the last days.

There is nothing particularly "holy" about the English speaking people, just as there was nothing particularly holy about the Jews - they were a rebellious and stiff-necked people.  But God chose to reveal Himself to each people according to His will.

English is spoken and read all over the world.  Hebrew is very limited, and the Jews, for the most part, are still in rebellion against God and His Christ.

I would like to ask you a favor.  Would you please go to the topic "The Bible is not the inspired and inerrant word of God", and tell us your thoughts on this and where you stand?

God bless,

Will K
Sammi

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

I, for one, grow weary of this kind of statment.
OK - I, for one, grow weary of this kind of statment.  Grin

I must interject (again) in a debate that, due to egos and individual understanding, seems to never go away.
I generally stay out of translation discussions.  In my opinion the Word is so simple a baby must understand it – if not the Word is wasted.  That’s what I’ve been taught.  If any version of the Word reaches ears willing to hear – as long as that translation teaches that Jesus is God our Savior the Holy Spirit and through faith in Him we are saved - it is a valid translation.  
*AV and AV* - it seems to me you are turning the Holy Trinity into the wholly quadriplegic.  (Forgive the pun.)   Grin
The translated written Word, while holy, is no more holy than the ground Moses took his sandals off to walk on during a visit to Mt. Sinai.  If all is based on the written Word rather than the Trinity, then the Trinity is crippled.  
The Word is more than translated documents comprised of letters and prophecies.  The Word is the Word.  The Word is the God inspired oral testimony you heard in church last Sunday.  The Word is a Christian witnessing to a fellow commuter on a NY City bus.  The Word is on a message board in front of a community Church that makes a passerby visit and become saved.  The Word is what Jesus writes in our hearts every time we pray.  To limit the Word to a single written translation of letters is ludicrous to me.  
And in defense of Reba (though she can defend herself quite well, thank you):  When we attend a revival and the Spirit is renewed in our hearts and we jump for joy – the Word is certainly a tool God uses, but, again, it is the Word of testimony, the Word of history and the Word of wisdom that sends the Spirit into our hearts – not the Word from a single Bible translation.  
We are all born with particular gifts from God.  For some it is the gift of testimony, for some the gift of giving, for others the gift of teaching, or others the gift of helping.  It appears to me, *AV and AV*, that your gift may be one of studying and translating the written Word.  All I would ask is; please make sure that while you are exercising the gift God gave you that it doesn’t blind you to the Simple, Saving Word – the Word that a baby can understand.  
God Bless!!!!!!
Jim

Amen to that. I am kind of disheartened by this topic. I left a Church body that was preaching from the pulpit that anything other than the KJV was devil worship, and that we will be reading the KJV when we get to Heaven. They also did a whole lot of other things that are not Biblical, but I won't go that far into it. Oh, and they were Fundamental Baptist if that makes a difference. I found a Bible teaching Body instead of a Bible bashing Body. Grin

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the