Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Scripture Riddles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scripture Riddles  (Read 18545 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2004, 12:26:41 AM »

It couldn't be-----STONES, could it?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2004, 12:29:09 AM »

The scripture lesson will be great! Hm-I need another night to think about this one! Smiley These are fun.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2004, 12:33:19 AM »

Not stones.

Cry  I have to work tomorrow night.  But I should be around at 2 pm in the afternoon and 5:30 am the following day.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2004, 12:39:37 AM »

Didn't make any sense to me, either!  I won't be around at 5:30 am but maybe tomorrow at 2:00 pm.  I'll try.  Have something to do but maybe I'll be finished by then.  Hope so.

Talk to ya later.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2004, 06:08:55 PM »

Haven't had a chance to give more thought to this riddle.  Will try to do so a little later.  At this point I'm kinda all "thunked" out.  Just think, you thought your clues were going to give it away.  My brain has been thoroughly teased on this one!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2004, 06:35:30 PM »

Is it-------LOVE?

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2004, 06:52:53 PM »

I think I have it---------------ANGEL, ANGELS.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2004, 07:31:42 AM »

Is it-------LOVE?

nope

I think I have it---------------ANGEL, ANGELS.

No, but its probably as close as you've been.

I believe what makes this one so hard is the double sided meaning of the "twins".  They are a literal thing, and represent a spiritual thing.

Heres another clue...

They were made by man, as instructed by God.

Tim

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2004, 04:22:43 PM »

Cherubims and or seraphims?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 04:24:53 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2004, 04:46:17 PM »

Cherubims and or seraphims?

yeah!!!  Ollie got it right!

Its the two cherubims!

Me and my twin, belong to God
from years long past, we prod and prod.
We serve the Lord so faithfully,
because the Lord hath said it would be.
From our gaze of truth, no man can hide,
Only once was satisfied

See next post...

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2004, 04:50:06 PM »

Exo 25:18  And thou shalt make two cherubims [the twins] of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

The Ark and temple that Moses was instructed to build (as well as the temple in Jerusalem later), is an earthy replica of the temple in heaven.  Cherubs in the bible are usually associated with the holiness of God, and guardians and servants.  These Cherubims that God instructed Moses to build, and placed hovering over the ark, appear to represent Gods Righteousness and Justice.  They each gaze towards the mercy seat and into the ark, as if viewing 3 evidences of mans sin.  Inside the ark was a golden pot which contained tablets of the covenant, the staff of Aaron, and Manna (Heb 9:4), seemingly to represent mans willingness to break Gods law, rejection of Gods leadership, and rejection of Gods gifts and blessings.   Once a year the high priest would enter into the holy of holies in the temple, kill an innocent animal which was commanded by God, and sprinkle his blood over the mercy seat, so that its blood would hide or cover mans sins, thus satisfying Gods unwavering Holiness or "Righteousness and Justice".  This was a shadow of things to come.

Heb 9:11  But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Gods Holiness was once and for all satisfied!  What an awesome analogy!

Gods justice for sin demands the shedding of blood.  

Heb 9:22  And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

And of course, for there to be true righteous blood shed in the eyes of God (on the mercy seat for man), someone holy, and without sin, had to shed his blood.  No man could ever do this except Jesus who lived a sinless life.  Gods chosen sacrifice.

Joh 1:36  And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

1Jo 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

Heb 4:13  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14  Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens (Gods holy of holies), Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Isn't that a beautiful parallel in the old testiment leading up to Gods ultimate sacrifice in order to satisfy Gods Righteousness and Justice?  Gods word is truly awesome!  I get excited everytime I talk about this topic.

The riddle once again.

Me and my twin, belong to God =the two cherubims

from years long past, we prod and prod. = shown in the OT, the cherubs gazing onto the mercy seat and the evidence of mans sinful nature.

We serve the Lord so faithfully, = This part is admittantly obscure, but it fit with the ryhm..lol  The did serve symbolically as Gods holiness in the temple of God.

because the Lord hath said it would be. = Gods covenant with man to forgive sins and satisfy Gods perfect righteousness and justice.

From our gaze of truth, no man can hide, = No man can hide from the gaze of Gods holiness as represented by the cherubims.

Only once was satisfied = Only Jesus blood sprinkled on the mercy seat in Gods holy of holies satisfied once and for all Gods Righteousness and Justice.

I had not planned on this riddle becoming a bible lesson...lol, but I think it adds learning to the fun of searching out the answers.  Hopefully I didn't make it too hard.  Maybe I should try some easier ones.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 04:55:37 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2004, 05:16:07 PM »

Oh no, that's the exact picture I had in mind when I said "angels"  Cry.  

It's been fun!  

Congratulations, Ollie!

Okay 2Tim, I'm waiting for the next one.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2004, 05:54:09 PM »

Exo 25:18  And thou shalt make two cherubims [the twins] of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

The Ark and temple that Moses was instructed to build (as well as the temple in Jerusalem later), is an earthy replica of the temple in heaven.  Cherubs in the bible are usually associated with the holiness of God, and guardians and servants.  These Cherubims that God instructed Moses to build, and placed hovering over the ark, appear to represent Gods Righteousness and Justice.  They each gaze towards the mercy seat and into the ark, as if viewing 3 evidences of mans sin.  Inside the ark was a golden pot which contained tablets of the covenant, the staff of Aaron, and Manna (Heb 9:4), seemingly to represent mans willingness to break Gods law, rejection of Gods leadership, and rejection of Gods gifts and blessings.   Once a year the high priest would enter into the holy of holies in the temple, kill an innocent animal which was commanded by God, and sprinkle his blood over the mercy seat, so that its blood would hide or cover mans sins, thus satisfying Gods unwavering Holiness or "Righteousness and Justice".  This was a shadow of things to come.

Heb 9:11  But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Gods Holiness was once and for all satisfied!  What an awesome analogy!

Gods justice for sin demands the shedding of blood.  

Heb 9:22  And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

And of course, for there to be true righteous blood shed in the eyes of God (on the mercy seat for man), someone holy, and without sin, had to shed his blood.  No man could ever do this except Jesus who lived a sinless life.  Gods chosen sacrifice.

Joh 1:36  And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

1Jo 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

Heb 4:13  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14  Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens (Gods holy of holies), Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Isn't that a beautiful parallel in the old testiment leading up to Gods ultimate sacrifice in order to satisfy Gods Righteousness and Justice?  Gods word is truly awesome!  I get excited everytime I talk about this topic.

The riddle once again.

Me and my twin, belong to God =the two cherubims

from years long past, we prod and prod. = shown in the OT, the cherubs gazing onto the mercy seat and the evidence of mans sinful nature.

We serve the Lord so faithfully, = This part is admittantly obscure, but it fit with the ryhm..lol  The did serve symbolically as Gods holiness in the temple of God.

because the Lord hath said it would be. = Gods covenant with man to forgive sins and satisfy Gods perfect righteousness and justice.

From our gaze of truth, no man can hide, = No man can hide from the gaze of Gods holiness as represented by the cherubims.

Only once was satisfied = Only Jesus blood sprinkled on the mercy seat in Gods holy of holies satisfied once and for all Gods Righteousness and Justice.

I had not planned on this riddle becoming a bible lesson...lol, but I think it adds learning to the fun of searching out the answers.  Hopefully I didn't make it too hard.  Maybe I should try some easier ones.

Grace and Peace!

AMEN!!!

Yeah, it WAS toooo hard, although easy for Ollie since he waited for all the clues and answers  Grin Grin Grin.

I agree, it does add to the learning part of it.  It's not something I'll forget soon  Tongue.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2004, 07:20:58 AM »

OK, I will try to come up with an easier one.  Give me a day some time to think of one.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2004, 10:28:01 AM »

OK, lets try another one.

I was said to be likened, to the kingdom of heaven,
In the NT I'm mentioned this many times.... 1+7.
Men have toiled with me from past to present,
Jesus spoke of me, in a dramatic event.
Though made by hands of sinful men,
The Lord insisted, I be used again.

What am I?

Tim

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the