Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Politics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Politics  (Read 10654 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2004, 05:34:59 PM »

I hear what you are saying, but what do you want them to do? They need money. They sold the Bishops house already and everything. It is the prefect scam. Who has the courage to tell an alleged abuse victim you think they are lying? No one. And once everyone found out you can get money and/or get back at your Priest, many of them just at the chance.

Same thing happened to the Army a few years back. They opened a rape crisis hotline, but closed it down in less then a year. All the women where getting back as their COs. And of course, the ACLU owned judges and Lawyers jumped at the chance to deal a blow to Christians. The ACLU and Anti-Catholics are destroying Christianity. Get mad at them.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Reba
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2004, 06:45:34 PM »

How about getting mad at the child molesters.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2004, 08:28:33 PM »

I hear what you are saying, but what do you want them to do? They need money. They sold the Bishops house already and everything. It is the prefect scam. Who has the courage to tell an alleged abuse victim you think they are lying? No one. And once everyone found out you can get money and/or get back at your Priest, many of them just at the chance.

Same thing happened to the Army a few years back. They opened a rape crisis hotline, but closed it down in less then a year. All the women where getting back as their COs. And of course, the ACLU owned judges and Lawyers jumped at the chance to deal a blow to Christians. The ACLU and Anti-Catholics are destroying Christianity. Get mad at them.
"The ACLU and Anti-Catholics are destroying Christianity."

The dialectic that Satin uses is to create a debate in which untruth debates untruth to determine a falsehood that appears as truth, thereby deceiving all and sending everyone involved down the primrose path to the "lake of fire" thinking they are heaven bound.

Ollie
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 08:39:02 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2004, 09:41:48 PM »

"The ACLU and Anti-Catholics are destroying Christianity."

The dialectic that Satin uses is to create a debate in which untruth debates untruth to determine a falsehood that appears as truth, thereby deceiving all and sending everyone involved down the primrose path to the "lake of fire" thinking they are heaven bound.

Ollie

is that true?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2004, 02:47:45 AM »

Nah, Ollie is just bitter. Don’t mind him. Wink

I would, Reba, but thanks to the posers, I don’t know who really is one! Angry

Reba
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2004, 08:59:30 AM »

Tibby,

You love your church  Smiley because you do dont hide your head in the sand, about  ANY proplem she may have. If we  refuse to see the cancer it will kill.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2004, 05:55:48 PM »

Well, it isn't my church, as I have said before. I love and respect the RCC, and do consider the Pope to be the "Greatest among equals" of the Bishops, and do believe valid apostolic succession is a requirement for a true Elder of the church, etc, etc, but, as I have previously stated, my mass is attended in a CEC church.

Rome does have some problems, I will admit that. They have issue that I am totally against. But for some reason, those are the ones the Anti-Catholics hardly ever attacks. They seem to be more incline to make up lies about worshipping saints and resacrificing Jesus.  Roll Eyes

Yes, there is a problem with pedophilea. However, I do not for one second think every single priest is guilt. I’m willing to bet over half of the priest are innocent. Of course, now their lives have been destroyed and their parishes have been dismantled, leaving hundreds, if not thousands without a home church, and for what? Even the parishes without these problems are being shut down to help pay for the gross over compensation for these lawsuits, and the court fees, and all of that. If you are angry at the Catholic Church, you have a right to be, but do you really believe it is a logical assumption that that massive amount of holy men ALL committed sexual acts of that nature? If you are Christian, you know this is wrong, and I don’t think that many holy men, in that small area ALL behave this way?

Reba
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2004, 08:54:55 PM »

Well, it isn't my church, as I have said before. I love and respect the RCC, and do consider the Pope to be the "Greatest among equals" of the Bishops, and do believe valid apostolic succession is a requirement for a true Elder of the church, etc, etc, but, as I have previously stated, my mass is attended in a CEC church.

Rome does have some problems, I will admit that. They have issue that I am totally against. But for some reason, those are the ones the Anti-Catholics hardly ever attacks. They seem to be more incline to make up lies about worshipping saints and resacrificing Jesus.  Roll Eyes

Yes, there is a problem with pedophilea. However, I do not for one second think every single priest is guilt. I’m willing to bet over half of the priest are innocent. Of course, now their lives have been destroyed and their parishes have been dismantled, leaving hundreds, if not thousands without a home church, and for what? Even the parishes without these problems are being shut down to help pay for the gross over compensation for these lawsuits, and the court fees, and all of that. If you are angry at the Catholic Church, you have a right to be, but do you really believe it is a logical assumption that that massive amount of holy men ALL committed sexual acts of that nature? If you are Christian, you know this is wrong, and I don’t think that many holy men, in that small area ALL behave this way?
 CEC church.? I dont have a clue Mr. Tibbs

Holy men would not commit such acts men are not holy apart from God. Pedophiles place them selfs in places where they can 'get' kids they seek postions out, like priest, pastors coaches, Sunday school teachers, boy scout leaders. Has every single priest been charged ? The evil priests are evil.  Same as evil pastors etc. From personal experience molestation is not a catholic problem. The RCC is not at falt because of what the priest did but because they covered it up.  The name that comes to mind quickly is Jimmy Swaggart he got cought messin with prositutes the AofG took his papers as they should have.  Had they not taken his papers they would be as guilty as js.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2004, 11:18:08 PM »

Reba speaks volumes in one (looooooong) thought with little puctuation.

Reba - you remind me of Paul - the apostle whose sentences never end.  Must be 'sign'.  Grin

PS - That is a complement - something I rarely have for x-wives.   Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2004, 12:20:13 AM »

Grin. , ?:;@`'. , #?"":;`'. ?. "[]*", ?":;`', ^.":;`'.?{} , ?"":;`' Grin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2004, 12:50:53 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

SISTER, that was great! Can I quote it if I give you the proper credit?   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2004, 03:04:12 AM »

CEC. It is my denomination. Website on my profile. I am like Ebia in that, while I am not Roman, I attend I highly liturgical church, and I’m close enough to RCC and Parishioners and clergy of the Rome Church that I know the truth from the lies spread by others who claim to be Christian, but have had little or no contact with the RCC. But, this is beside the point, I guess. The point is, I'm not Roman Catholic. Smiley

Do you know what kind of gauntlet you are required to go through to be a priest? There are easier ways for a pedophile to get to children. I don’t think these Priests become priests for that reason. If they where just trying to get close to little children, there are a lot easier ways then that. I think it so something that happens to them along the way (or something that didn’t happen to them before they started).

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2004, 09:49:54 AM »

Do you know what kind of gauntlet you are required to go through to be a priest? There are easier ways for a pedophile to get to children.

Agreed.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2004, 06:10:32 PM »

Grin. , ?:;@`'. , #?"":;`'. ?. "[]*", ?":;`', ^.":;`'.?{} , ?"":;`' Grin
and the book, chapter, verse is? Roll Eyes

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2004, 06:31:04 PM »

Nah, Ollie is just bitter. Don't mind him. Wink

I would, Reba, but thanks to the posers, I don't know who really is one! Angry
"Nah, Ollie is just bitter. Don't mind him. Wink"

Proverbs 14:8.  The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.
 9.  Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.
 10.  The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.
 11.  The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.

Isaiah 5:20.  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Olliveszky  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 06:38:39 PM by ollie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the