Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:20:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286816 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dealing with non-believers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dealing with non-believers  (Read 4474 times)
child_of_God_2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 01:57:16 PM »

It is no secrete that we Christians/church goers are living in a world of non-believers… many questions surface because of this very fact.  These may include… how do I witness to others… what missions should I work in… and so on… Likewise, it is on a daily basis that we have interactions with non-believers.  No doubt, I am not alone in wondering how to react to their lifestyle… which often includes some type of “twisting” of the truth…  Stumbling across the following story I could not help but believe this was the best approach considering the circumstances…

Two college students had almost completed the semester of Basic Christianity and were going into the last week of class, each with an “A” average.  Feeling confident they could pass the final examination, they decided to take off on the Friday before the Monday exam and head to a neighboring school for a party with some friends.  They stayed over too late on Saturday night and were unable to travel on Sunday.  They didn’t head back to their own school until Monday morning.  Even though they made it back in time for the exam, they decided it would be foolish to go into an exam without studying, so they skipped the exam.  Later, they went to the professor to plead for a make-up exam.  They lied and told the professor that they had a flat tire on the way back and therefore missed the exam.  The professor agreed to a make-up and had each one go into a different room with a test booklet and the test.  The first page of the test was a fairly simple question which was worth 5 points.  Both of the students answered it perfectly, and were sure the test would be easy.  As they turned the second page they read “Question 2 (95 Points): Which Tire?”.

How do you deal with non-believers/co-workers/friends/ etc. when you know that they are not being forthcoming in their statements/actions?

Tony,
I liked your story. The story gives very little detail of what was actually told to the professor, but have you ever thought that maybe the reason the professor was asking which tire was so that he could check them to see if they were telling the truth? Even if they had discused between the two guys which tire they would say, if the professor went out to check the tire only to find out they weren't tellingthe truth, uh oh busted!!! I think it just shows how easily people that claim to be Christians truly aren't Christians at all and find it very easy to lie about things. This is where we take the time to pray for them. We can talk to that person all we see fit but if he/she isn't ready to listen, then our words go in vain. We have to pray for that person and that God will open the door to allow that person to listen with the heart and not just with the ears. God will provide a way for you to talk to that person at the rightt time and place. He will also give you the right actions and words to say to that person. You are not alone when you are around non-believers. God is ALWAYS with you to help guide you along the way.

God Bless You,
Christina
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 02:28:41 PM »

Thanks for the input Tom.  Dully noted in every respect, I can relate to each of the points you made (with the only exception being the 25 years as a police officer…To fully relate to this I would have to of been doing the street patrols in my diapers… ha…lol.. Grin ).

Tony

Oklahoma Howdy to Tony,

Grin  We were short on manpower and could have used you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ummmmm What's wrong with the Women Power?!  Cheesy

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 03:07:22 AM »

ummmmm What's wrong with the Women Power?!  

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnn  

KristiAnn,

Cheesy  Sister, we had quite a few women on our department and still do. We didn't make any distinction between men and women officers. In this case, "manpower" would be a non-gender term.  We had women officers who could whip 2 or 3 at a time without breaking a sweat.

I think it would be most accurate to say that a career in police work is NOT the right career for the vast majority of men or women. There are many police functions that are done much better by women, but there is a desperate shortage of women who even try the hiring process. As a result, there is a desperate shortage of women in police work.

I think that the biggest problem is that nearly all departments treat men and women officers exactly the same. Everyone will be a cop, and the duty assignments are the same. Dispatchers send a cop to a call, not a man or a woman. I hope what I said made sense.   Cheesy  Many things every day are life and death, and I will quickly say that I give thanks for serving with some OUTSTANDING women police officers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

FaithfulFollower

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 04:15:54 PM »

It is no secrete that we Christians/church goers are living in a world of non-believers… many questions surface because of this very fact.  These may include… how do I witness to others… what missions should I work in… and so on… Likewise, it is on a daily basis that we have interactions with non-believers.  No doubt, I am not alone in wondering how to react to their lifestyle… which often includes some type of “twisting” of the truth…  Stumbling across the following story I could not help but believe this was the best approach considering the circumstances…

Two college students had almost completed the semester of Basic Christianity and were going into the last week of class, each with an “A” average.  Feeling confident they could pass the final examination, they decided to take off on the Friday before the Monday exam and head to a neighboring school for a party with some friends.  They stayed over too late on Saturday night and were unable to travel on Sunday.  They didn’t head back to their own school until Monday morning.  Even though they made it back in time for the exam, they decided it would be foolish to go into an exam without studying, so they skipped the exam.  Later, they went to the professor to plead for a make-up exam.  They lied and told the professor that they had a flat tire on the way back and therefore missed the exam.  The professor agreed to a make-up and had each one go into a different room with a test booklet and the test.  The first page of the test was a fairly simple question which was worth 5 points.  Both of the students answered it perfectly, and were sure the test would be easy.  As they turned the second page they read “Question 2 (95 Points): Which Tire?”.

How do you deal with non-believers/co-workers/friends/ etc. when you know that they are not being forthcoming in their statements/actions?

Tony,
I liked your story. The story gives very little detail of what was actually told to the professor, but have you ever thought that maybe the reason the professor was asking which tire was so that he could check them to see if they were telling the truth? Even if they had discused between the two guys which tire they would say, if the professor went out to check the tire only to find out they weren't tellingthe truth, uh oh busted!!! I think it just shows how easily people that claim to be Christians truly aren't Christians at all and find it very easy to lie about things. This is where we take the time to pray for them. We can talk to that person all we see fit but if he/she isn't ready to listen, then our words go in vain. We have to pray for that person and that God will open the door to allow that person to listen with the heart and not just with the ears. God will provide a way for you to talk to that person at the rightt time and place. He will also give you the right actions and words to say to that person. You are not alone when you are around non-believers. God is ALWAYS with you to help guide you along the way.

God Bless You,
Christina

Amen to that Christina...you made a valid point there.   Within the family of Christ the truth must be questioned as well. For in the New Testament it speaks of the comming of false prophets. You brought out a whole new thought within that story.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

With God ALL Things ARE Possible!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the