Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286818 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Whats wrong with this picture?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with this picture?  (Read 10642 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2005, 02:29:50 PM »

Dan, These things happen, from time to time. I myself am sorry, for what happened last night. As I said in my last post in this thread, I am not perfect. I do make mistakes. One of the things that threw us a curve, is you changing your e-mail address. That is a marker of a troll. Which is why, we were a little hard on you. For that, I do apologize.

Why, don't you and your wife, introduce yourselves Here, about you.

Psalm 79:9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Your name! Deliver us, forgive us, and purge away our sins for Your name's sake.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2005, 02:57:14 PM »

DWalker, TWalker,

I, too, apologize for the confusion and for initially including you in as our annoying troll. I had limited information until you both provided otherwise. Please introduce yourselves in the thread that Dreamweaver linked to and perhaps you might want to give us a little in the testimonies area: http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=19

We all would like to get to know you better.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2005, 11:04:44 AM »

ACLU Compares Praying Christians to Terrorists
Tuesday, August 16, 2005

By Sam Kastensmidt

After members of the Tangipahoa Parish (La.) School Board hosted a conference to discuss religious liberties in the public school system, an ACLU spokesman compared the board members seeking to pray at meetings to "the people who flew the airplanes into the buildings in this country."

Joe Cook, executive director of the ACLU of Louisiana, was interviewed by reporters from WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge. During the interview, he was questioned about the board's desire to offer prayer prior to board meetings. He responded, "They believe that they answer to a higher power, in my opinion. Which is the kind of thinking that you had with the people who flew the airplanes into the buildings in this country, and the people who did the kind of things in London."

This is not the first time that Cook has demonstrated such hostility toward religion. Cook once referred to school board invocations as "un-American" and "immoral." He also pleaded with a judge to issue arrest warrants for any teacher caught praying.

ADF Responds to ACLU Comments

Mike Johnson, southeastern regional coordinator for the Alliance Defense Fund, was not surprised by the statement. "It shows the ACLU has become more and more extreme and marginalized," he said. "So, to that extent, I like it when he talks, because he simply reveals who they are."

Johnson added, "It's clear in a number of recent cases that the ACLU of Louisiana wants to impose a radical form of secularism that the Constitution doesn't require, and frankly, that people of this state are not willing to accept."

ACLU v. Tangipahoa Track Record

This latest battle between the ACLU and Tangipahoa Parish School District began in 2003, when the ACLU filed a federal lawsuit against the school board for offering prayer prior to meetings. Incredibly, the judge admitted that legislative prayers are constitutional, but she ruled school board prayers could not be considered as legislative prayers.

Nothing New for Extremists of the ACLU

This brand of extremism has become commonplace for the ACLU of Louisiana. Only weeks ago, the ACLU petitioned a federal judge asking him to issue arrest warrants for any teacher found praying at school. In fact, the ACLU argued that such a prayer "must result in their removal from society."

Take Action!

Help to de-fund the ACLU. Call your congressman and encourage him or her to co-sponsor the Public Expression of Religion Act of 2005 (HR 2679), which seeks to eliminate the monetary motives behind the ACLU’s campaign to remove all mention of God from the public square.

U.S. Capitol Switchboard
(202) 224-3121

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2005, 11:57:57 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Hello Phil121. I see that you are new, so WELCOME!!

I agree with Phil121. I would say that I'm shocked to hear about statements like this from the ACLU, but I'm not.

This country needs tort reform badly. However, reasonable tort reform would be very difficult to get since many of our representatives are or have been lawyers. Lawyers would fight reasonable tort reform to the end. Part of reasonable tort reform should be heavy fines and penalties for filing frivolous court actions.

It's really sickening when you find out that some of the money of average tax payers winds up in the pocket of the ACLU to destroy America. It's also sick to learn about how many good organizations are almost bankrupted by the ACLU. In fact, the fear of large settlements is how the ACLU wins many of their cases without even going to court. The ACLU is well-funded, but many of their victims have limited resources (i.e. Boy Scouts, churches, etc.). It takes a lot of money to fight the ACLU, OR it takes volunteer lawyers to take the case. I give thanks that quite a few Christian lawyers do volunteer their time to fight the ACLU, but there just isn't enough of them to do much more than take the high profile cases. As a result, the ACLU is the big bully on the block and runs over most of their victims.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

TWalker

Truthseeker

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2005, 03:36:25 PM »

I would like to thank DreamWeaver and Pastor Roger for their kind olive branches.

I would also like to apologise to DreamWeaver - I was replying, of course, to your message, but then did not clarify when I switched from "you" meaning "DreamWeaver" to "you" meaning "Admins/Moderators on this site." There not being a second-person plural word in the English language, although there being that useage, I should have made that distinction. I am aware it was not you (DreamWeaver) who called us "stooges" or charged us with being "recruiters" for the ACLU - it was blackeyedpeas.  

I do not have time to post more at this time - just wanted to thank you two and clarify that one point.

- Tracy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:49:16 PM by TWalker » Logged

Isaiah 45:19
Romans 2:8
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2005, 07:03:43 PM »

CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations)

The following statement is taken from the CAIR website claiming to be their vision and mission:

CAIR's vision is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding.

CAIR's mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.

This statement is far from being the truth as we have witnessed in the recent firing of DC Radio host Michael Graham after he refused to retract his anti-Islam statements, make an on-air apology and conduct additional outreach efforts to the Muslim community and others offended by his words. As we can see Michael Graham did not have his civil liberties of "Freedom of Speech" protected. Where does this action "encourage dialogue? Instead it suppresses any dialogue with CAIR except on their grounds. In my oppinion it definitely enhances my understanding of Islam.

This organization was founded by Hamas supporters, started by Hamas members and has made specific statements that it wants the current U.S. Constitution done away with and replaced with one of their own.

Former FBI counterterrorism chief Oliver "Buck" Revell has described the IAP as "a front organization for Hamas." This linkage between the IAP and Hamas was decisively established in 2004, when a federal judge in Chicago found it partially liable for $156 million in damages for its role in aiding and abetting Hamas in the murder of David Boim, a 17-year-old American citizen. (as reported by theonerepublic.com)

Joe Kaufman of FrontPageMagazine.com uncovered the fact that this organization (CAIR) exploited the 9/11 attacks to raise funds for two Hamas-linked fundraising organizations, the Holy Land Foundation (HLF) and the Global Relief Foundation.

Cair has initiated a kit known as the "Ramadan Media Publicity Kit" that it is using in schools around the U.S. Yes, schools that are rejecting such information and displays by Christians are permitting this group into their schools and some have even invited them in the name of  “diversity” and “inclusion”. Where is the ACLU with their "separation" statements? They are busy supporting CAIR in their efforts.

It is evident that Christians, the U.S. and the Constitution it stands on are under attack by more than one group.

http://www.theonerepublic.com/archives/Columns/PipesD/20050802PipesFounded.html

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13175

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the